Bands hanging out for the weekend?

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
Don't know if I missed it, but Glenn usually has some sort of feedback over who's expected to hang out during the festival, who's arriving late, who's leaving early, etc.

Over the years, our group has been fortunate to get to personally know bands like Stride, Mercenary. Over the years, I've been personally stoked to have some quality time with people like Englund, Oliva, Readman, and Kotipelto, which is part of what makes PPUSA so special. I'm especially looking forward to pressing the flesh with Mat, Ralf, Randy, Stefan, and Henny and heartily welcoming them back to the states...

Alright...enough babbling...

Any info on band itineraries for the weekend, Glenn?

Rock on!

I can't say for sure, but from the way things went last year, I would more than bet that the Pagan's Mind guys will be hanging out with the crowd and at the hotel that weekend, since they did a lot of that last year when three of them came over and played with Jorn. I'm particularly looking forward to hanging out with Steinar again and buying him and the PM guys a drink or two. :headbang:

Sonata arrives Thurs, departs after the show on Fri

VSteele arrives Thurs, departs on Sat

Firewind arrives on Sat

Everyone else is there either 3 or 4 days.

Mattias spent a good part of I believe Thursday or Friday last year out talking to the crowd. That was pretty awesome!

The guys in Freak Kitchen are class acts, they love hanging with the crowd and will probably do it again this year.

Are they not absolutely CLASS ACT guys? I loved hanging out with them last year at the after party, and I must say, Jacob can talk a blue streak. Ahh, good times :)

You bet they're a class act...very personable, funny guys, all of them. I see them as becoming a 2nd PPUSA "house band" behind Evergrey. As a band, they've been through a lot of crap and continue to hold together to keep their vision of metal alive.

Thanks, Glenn, for taking the time to post the info...

See everyone soon...!

Rock on!

The guys in Freak Kitchen are class acts, they love hanging with the crowd and will probably do it again this year.
Yes, they are! They were very down to earth and funny as hell! Their command of the English language was amazing as well! Someone mentioned Pagan's Mind, they were very cool the last time they played PP. Steinar in particular was cool as hell!

Two more days of work and Atlanta here we come! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Oh shit. Steinar turned me on to Salmiakki Koskenkorva last year...I totally need to buy that guy some beer!
You're grateful???:zombie:
I had that in Helsinki once.
:puke:
I'm never drinking that again.
This reminds me, Aki bring me some Salmiakki! I need to try this!
Sadly, he won't be there this year. :cry: But maybe Drew still has some. I avoid it at all costs. That stuff sticks in your teeth and makes you drool and spit uncontrollably. :yuk: But hey, whatever turns you on.