Best tour packages...

Krisiun/Hate Eternal/Deicide

God Forbid/Angel Dust/Nevermore/Opeth/Monstrosity (that show was in a venue that held like 250, so that was awesome)

I'm sure I will think of more, but thats all that comes right to mind.

There are too many awesome concert bills to list from memory, but I know the BEST show marquee listing EVER. Keep in mind that, at the Masquerade, the upstairs part is called "Heaven" and is listed as such on the marquee:

Heaven
Nevermore
Opeth
Angel Lust
God Forbid

Yep, they got "Angel Dust" wrong. Probably on purpose. And there isn't much you can do with 'Opeth." :lol:

Scorps, Maiden & Girlschool in 1982
Priest & Maiden 1982
UFO/Saxon - Mechanix Tour
Stryper, Loudness, TNT 84-5?
Krokus, Motorhead, Fist
Tesla & DLR band
Molly Hatchet, MSG - Odd pairing, but it was PERFECT for me.
Venom, Slayer, Exodus

Clash of the Titans was the summer of '91. You got the line-up right, except Judas Priest wasn't part of the bill. You might have been thinking of Priest/Megadeth/Testament. Saw that one in Detroit in 1990.

This thread brought back a lot of fun memories. Let's see...

Blue Oyster Cult/Ratt/ Pat Travers - 1984
KISS/ W.A.S.P. - 1985
Ozzy/Metallica - 1986
W.A.S.P./Slayer/Raven - 1987
Dio/Megadeth/Savatage - 1988
Metallica/Queensryche - saw that one 4 times in 1988-89
Voivod/Soundgarden/Faith No More - 1990
Rage Against the Machine/Quicksand/Stanford Prison Experiment - 93
Obituary/Fear Factory - 1992
King's X/Galactic Cowboys - numerous times duing the 90's
S.O.D./Crowbar/Skinlab - 1999
The Haunted/Witchery - 2001
Maiden/Dio/Motorhead - 2003

Can't forget the strangest bill I ever saw (where all 3 bands played well)...
Whitesnake with Autograph and Anthrax opening ! - 1987

Sepultura/Obituary/Sadus-I wanna say this was in '91, but I'm not sure.
Nile/Kreator/Vader/Amon Amarth-2005. I was dead tired after this one.
Dio/King's X/Hammerfall-2002. Two words: Friggin awesome!
The Metal Gods Tour: Halford/Testament/Primal Fear/Immortal/Carnal Forge/Amon Amarth-2003. They only had one show, but it was supposed to be a tour.
Municipal Waste/Toxic Holocaust/Skeleton Witch-Coming up in a few months.

Destruction/Sadus/Municipal Waste-2007. Most of these bands dropped off, but it was the originally slated lineup.

I remember the Ozzy/Metallica tour from '86, and if I remember correctly I believe Metallica even did an encore, which I thought was really cool for an opening act.

Also while the Metallica/Guns 'N Roses tour in '92 might have had a lot of problems I managed to catch them on a good night when Axel was in a good mood, he was an amazing front man when he was on. It was also a very long night with both bands playing 3 hour sets.

I actually saw that DT/Queesryche/Fates Warning show in Atlanta. It was the best individual show I've ever been to, hands down!

With that said, I would've loved to see the following tours back in the day:

Ozzy Osbourne/Metallica (During the Ultimate Sin Tour)
Tesla/Great White/Badlands (The Great Radio era)
Skid Row/Pantera (Slave to the Grind/Cowboys era)
Ozzy Osbourne/Anthrax (No Rest for the Wicked era)
ACDC/White Lion (Blow Up Your Video era)
Dio/Rough Cutt (Sacred Heart tour)

~Brian~

That must have been a fantastic show! :yow:

~Brian~

It was great. We met and hung out alittle bit with Chris Olivia before the show. That was Dream Evil tour for Dio with the gigantic spider Goldie fought during his solo, classic, ha. Savatage stole the show though, that was their tour for Hall of the Mountain King.

Great topic!

Some favorites:
Motley Crue w/Loudness (Theater of Pain tour)
Kiss w/W.A.S.P. (Asylum tour)
Iron Maiden w/ Vinnie Vincent Invasion (Somewhere in Time tour)
Hammerfall/Edguy in 2004/5

All time favorites:
Accept w/Lillian Axe - both bands were FANTASTIC.
Dream Theater w/Galactic Cowboys - I&W tour and DT was brilliant!
KISS w/Motley Crue - Creatures tour with Vinnie, the tank, Eric Carr, etc. my first show ever at the ripe age of 13!!

Dimmu Borgir/Nevermore/Children of Bodom/Hypocrisy back in 2004 was good, although my opinion on Dimmu and Bodom has changed drastically since then.

Dimmu Borgir/Nevermore/Children of Bodom/Hypocrisy back in 2004 was good, although my opinion on Dimmu and Bodom has changed drastically since then.

That was an excellent show. :headbang:

I still like Dimmu Borgir a lot, but I'm not particularly happy with CoB's recent style changes.....still, they were excellent live on that recent tour (both bands).

That was an excellent show. :headbang:

I still like Dimmu Borgir a lot, but I'm not particularly happy with CoB's recent style changes.....still, they were excellent live on that recent tour (both bands).

Agreed, although I cannot get into the new Dimmu album either. That was still a hell of a show.