CD INZANE - anybody know what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also not fair to compare small outfits to the wage-slave hordes and robots of Amazon. Laser's Edge is the closest I've seen to Amazon speed, and they're still not it (but they're shockingly close, considering). My boss does this to us with our webstore. No, we're a 2.5 man crew, we will not be Amazon quality.

The whole reason I wanted to order from Zane was to give him (a small business) my money and not the corporate giant, Amazon. I have a small business myself and know how tough it can be. Furthermore, Zane is a Midwesterner like me (I'm a Cheesehead) and I'd like to think we stick together. So what do I get for my trouble? Zane tells me to buy the discs from Amazon after I had already waited a week for him to ship the order (which he declined to do by canceling my order). So I ordered from Amazon like Zane told me to. Don't fault me for that, dude.

Bad service and bad attitude was a very BIG problem with CD Inzane. I placed an order for 8 items which came close to a total of 200.00 and it said all items were "IN STOCK" and the system charged me 20.00 for priority shipping and I didn't receive my order till a month later. I emailed them a few times about my order and never got a response. You don't charge 20.00 for priority shipping which should take 2-3 days to get to you and then take a month to ship it out. Obviously none of my items were in stock and he ordered them after I placed my order which took a month to get to me.

A few things here...

Normally when you look something up you see more complaints than praise, because people are more likely to complain loudly than to praise loudly.

It's also not fair to compare small outfits to the wage-slave hordes and robots of Amazon. Laser's Edge is the closest I've seen to Amazon speed, and they're still not it (but they're shockingly close, considering). My boss does this to us with our webstore. No, we're a 2.5 man crew, we will not be Amazon quality.

The last part, though...that is shitty. I had to cancel parts of my last two orders with them because they were crazy late (3 months or more), and I was no longer going to be at the shipping address provided, and he said he couldn't change the address on the order.

I know I didn't expect Amazon quick, but my biggest beef was like your last part. I had ordered Epica's Requiem, and didn't get it for a couple months, when I finally had enough, I emailed him canceling it figuring I'd get it else where......a week later it shows up, then the guy says he never got my email. BS. This happened a couple times, different cds. The couple times I had any correspondence with him, he was just full of insults. I've never been treated that shitty by a retailer. It took a few times but I learned my lesson.....I stopped giving the guy my business.

Ooh, and with regards to Amazon, the only time I have ever had a problem ordering from a secondary seller from Amazon, it ended up being CDInzane but called something else.....go figure.

Normally when you look something up you see more complaints than praise, because people are more likely to complain loudly than to praise loudly.
Agreed, but they receive an order of magnitude more complaints than any other retailer that services the ProgPower community, if not more. I only ordered from him once and had no issues aside from it being slow, but negative posts about CD Inzane have been fairly frequent here, while I'm not sure I've ever seen any real complaints about Nightmare or Lasers Edge, as examples. I'm by no means glad that Zane is out of business and wish them no ill will, but there's a reason that complaints was the second suggested search on Google.

I hate to jump on the band wagon and kick a man when he's down...but good riddence. THey lost me as a customer back when they first started up. He claimed he never got my money and never sent my CD's. And was rude on top of it. First and last time I ever did business with them.

Too bad....I bought a lot of cool stuff from CD Inzane, both from the store and when they were a vendor at PP. I never do the whole pre-order thing, and I always ordered over the phone with him....yeah, it wasn't always the quickest service, but I never had a bad experience with Zane, and he wasn't a bad dude to chat with whenever I had ordered stuff from him. Oh well....best of luck to him with whatever he does in the future.

It's also not fair to compare small outfits to the wage-slave hordes and robots of Amazon..

No, but it's also fair to take into account the multitude of first hand claims of what a shitty person Zane has always been to his customers on the web. Maybe if he wasn't always such an immature dickshit online (I have never met him in person, but accounts hold that he's totally different, which I just don't understand) he'd still be in business.

No, but it's also fair to take into account the multitude of first hand claims of what a shitty person Zane has always been to his customers on the web. Maybe if he wasn't always such an immature dickshit online (I have never met him in person, but accounts hold that he's totally different, which I just don't understand) he'd still be in business.

Well, there's truth in that. All of my dealings with Zane have been pretty straight, though, online, phone, and at the merch table. My only complaint has ever been speed of service, which is why I stopped giving him money.

I generally accept folks here at face value, cause we're not super bullshitters for the most part. That said, my experience seems to be in the minority regarding interactions with him.

The last time I ordered from CD Inzane was July of 2010. Prior to that, I had ordered a good deal from him. After placing an order that July, my credit card company contacted me advising that there had been a breach on that card. It was a new card, and that was the first and only transaction on the card. I contacted him about this, advised that my card had been hacked, gave him all the details, and he immediately went apeshit ballistic, saying it was my fault, my system was unprotected, blahblahblah. Well, another customer reported the same thing. And another. And several more. All in the same time frame. I then publicly advised him that he needed to contact his web developer and card processor because he had a security issue with multiple customers. Threats from him ensued. Legal action, blablahblah. Then his site abruptly went down for "exciting new upgrades".

He is a douche, plain and simple. In his chosen endeavor, he would never be able to compete against the big retailers on price, so it would fall on the customer experience to earn and keep business. This concept was apparently far from his understanding. I think the satisfied online customers are the ones who never tried to cancel, change, or otherwise alter an order, and didn't mind waiting months for a CD that was "in stock".

Reading all of the comments about abrasive encounters, I would say that the "good riddance" sentiment is well earned.

The last time I ordered from CD Inzane was July of 2010. Prior to that, I had ordered a good deal from him. After placing an order that July, my credit card company contacted me advising that there had been a breach on that card. It was a new card, and that was the first and only transaction on the card. I contacted him about this, advised that my card had been hacked, gave him all the details, and he immediately went apeshit ballistic, saying it was my fault, my system was unprotected, blahblahblah. Well, another customer reported the same thing. And another. And several more. All in the same time frame. I then publicly advised him that he needed to contact his web developer and card processor because he had a security issue with multiple customers. Threats from him ensued. Legal action, blablahblah. Then his site abruptly went down for "exciting new upgrades".

He is a douche, plain and simple. In his chosen endeavor, he would never be able to compete against the big retailers on price, so it would fall on the customer experience to earn and keep business. This concept was apparently far from his understanding. I think the satisfied online customers are the ones who never tried to cancel, change, or otherwise alter an order, and didn't mind waiting months for a CD that was "in stock".

Reading all of the comments about abrasive encounters, I would say that the "good riddance" sentiment is well earned.

Pretty much same experience here. Two credit cards hacked in 2010, first one I suspected it was after I ordered at CDInzane, second was definite as it was a replacement for the first card and only used once (guess where?!). No sense repeating most others, but he advertised great stuff, took forever to ship "in stock" items and was a d***, dou***, a******, etc., etc. No loss. Bye!

I often wonder how long these guys can stay in business. ProgPower and other fests for vendors to peddle their wares only come around a couple of times each year, so it cant be easy. Personally, I never had any bad dealings with Zane face to face, and he actually gave me a cd to cover for a Metal Blade screw up once, but I did have an issue with him over an online order many moons ago and that was the last time I ever placed an order with him. Bad customer service will destroy a business (unless you're Wal-Mart). I just hope everything is ok with him in his personal life and this was just "time has come".

Gonna miss his tables at ProgPower though...that truly sucks!

His tables were awesome!!! That $8 sale did my pocket in time after time...

Same here!!! My sister´s card got cloned.....and later on, whenever I logged onto the site there was a phishing warning...

Official announcement via the CDINZANE facebook page, doesn't sound like any of you who pre-ordered or gave him money recently will be getting it back:

"***NOTICE OF CLOSURE***
Everyone,

After 14 years of business, CD Inzane LLC has been forced to close our doors on 12/13/2014. Our company is no longer in business.

It was a difficult decision, but after the past 3 years of falling
behind due to the slowdown of the music industry, we had no other option and were forced to close.

We wish to thank you all for your commitment and service to us through wholesale, purchases and your partnership.

Going forward, our staff will no longer be able to be contacted due to this dissolve of our business and its permanent closure.

Have a happy 2015!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, The CDINZANE Team"

I never ordered from him that I can remember, but after witnessing his behavior during the hacking issue mentioned above over on Perpetual Motion, that convinced me never to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.