CD INZANE - anybody know what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dissolve? He never struck me as the type who knew how to write in proper English!! Especially when he was ranting on forums...

Hello all,

I would kindly ask that you the discussion focus on the business aspect...positive or negative. Please refrain from personal attacks/insults.

Thanks,

Glenn

Official announcement via the CDINZANE facebook page, doesn't sound like any of you who pre-ordered or gave him money recently will be getting it back:

-snip-

Going forward, our staff will no longer be able to be contacted due to this dissolve of our business and its permanent closure.
Just to reiterate this to anyone who may have preorders in place - if you placed the order with a credit card, contact your credit card company and begin the chargeback process immediately. They've made a conscious decision to no longer communicate with their customers, rather than give refunds and wind the business down - a chargeback is the only viable avenue for you to get your money back. I'm not going to speculate on their motives, reasons, or anything else, but I would suggest doing the one thing you can to protect yourself.

This is sad. I hate to hear of anyone losing their livelihood. Zane may not have been the most savvy dude when it came to dealing with people, but now he and others that worked with him are out of work, out of an income source, and he lost his business that he worked so hard to build.

Sorry to see him go - my musical tastes and his stock had far more in common than most sites I have ordered from over the years. It was always hard to keep my orders small. I had dozens of positive experiences with him over the years, but I definitely saw the other side on a couple memorable occasions.

Just to reiterate this to anyone who may have preorders in place - if you placed the order with a credit card, contact your credit card company and begin the chargeback process immediately. They've made a conscious decision to no longer communicate with their customers, rather than give refunds and wind the business down - a chargeback is the only viable avenue for you to get your money back. I'm not going to speculate on their motives, reasons, or anything else, but I would suggest doing the one thing you can to protect yourself.

Yep, he's going to make you do all the work to get your money back. Of course, his hope is that you will find it too much trouble and effort and just give up and let him have your money. DON'T let that happen!

And if you wish to leave a comment with the BBB in Minnesota and North Dakota, here is the link...

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busine...-inzane-in-albertville-mn-96119442/complaints

With Zane's permission to post:

"We have closed our doors to concentrate on our other businesses but will continue to join everyone and sell LOTS OF METAL for all future Progpower Festivals."

Isn't it great that Zane took the time to personally announce the closure here on the PPUSA forum? I mean, how many thousands of discs have the PPUSA faithful purchased and how many tens-of-thousands of dollars have they spent at Zane's table at PPUSA over the years? What gratitude! :Smug:

It's not hard to imagine that if it wasn't for his sales at PPUSA, Zane would have gone out of business a couple of years ago.

And think of all the bands getting screwed on this deal, not just the individual customers. I know Sean Peck of Cage and Death Dealer is very angry about this as Zane owes them money and has a large portion of the bands cds. I wonder how many bands and labels with consignment deals are being screwed...

Isn't it great that Zane took the time to personally announce the closure here on the PPUSA forum? I mean, how many thousands of discs have the PPUSA faithful purchased and how many tens-of-thousands of dollars have they spent at Zane's table at PPUSA over the years? What gratitude! :Smug:

It's not hard to imagine that if it wasn't for his sales at PPUSA, Zane would have gone out of business a couple of years ago.

The community which purchases his products will be better off without his business. I have no doubts that customers were not contacted, nor will refunds be had for those hanging. His words about 'not being able to contact staff' speak volumes to how he ran his business, and how the ashes that remain still bear his customer service mark.

After having been a one-time (and one-time-only) customer of Zane's, let's just say the only tears I shed here will be for the customers who try to get refunds from him.

If he knew he was closing shop, because this does not happen overnight, why was he still offering Thanksgiving Pre-order deals??? We know why!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.