DARKWATER = damn good

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
No dedicated Darkwater discussion thread, so I thought I would start one. Very impressed with the overall performance, although cut short. I thought they really brought their studio sound to the stage...nice chops, vocals, everything. I love these type of bands and IMHO just a great addition to the fest. Thoughts?

I thought they sounded tight. I like their music and thought the songs they played were awesome. Too bad their set got cut short. :(

Awesome band and sounded very tight live. Was very dissapointed that they were cut short. I think they only played 4 songs! Would love to see them again soon. Great addition!

Their vocalist was dead on perfect. Made it look easy. And women thought he was sexy, in a brooding, vulnerable sort of way. AND he played guitar.

He's a dick, I hate him.

I will now buy all of their music forever.

They were excellent. It's too bad they only got to play 4 songs after coming such a long way. Bring them back in the future Glenn!

Not much to add, but Darkwater was one of my faves going into the fest and I was super stoked to see them live. They did not disappoint, just wish they had a much longer set. As an extra bonus, my wife really dug them as well.

Yeah, did majorly suck their set got cut short, as this was a band I was really looking forward to seeing. I was blown away by their first album and absolutely love the second one. In fact, I was going to put a sponsorship bid in for them for next year only to have Glenn add them to this year's fest.

I certainly hope they get to come back, if not for the main event, at least for the showcase/kickoff.

As their sponsor, I am delighted to see that the response is so positive. I thought that they absolutely smoked! Henrik, Markus, Magnus, Tobias, and Simon are really a great bunch of guys and very humble too. Several people asked me if I was upset that their set got cut short. Definitely, I would have loved for them to play for 3 hours, but I was just totally delighted to have them at the festival. So, overall I am very happy ;) and glad that Glenn picked them for PP XIII. Also, I agree with many above that we must have them back again and maybe the shortened set is good justification. I will certainly continue to have them on my sponsor list.

We all want our favorite bands to get their expected allotted time. I don't recall the allotted time vs the actual time....maybe it wasn't cut short, but it seems that more than one person remembers it being short. I recall one of the guys mentioning in the set that there were tech difficulties or something to that affect. Perhaps those "in the know" could explain the reason for the shorter than usual set (if indeed it was).

12 year bump.... DARKWATER announced to return to PPUSA XXIII opening slot day 1! From ProgPower USA FB page:

"...I am proud to announce the opening slot for ProgPower USA Day #1 -- DARKWATER.

You won't want to miss this Swedish powerhouse of progressive metal, it's been over 10 years since they played the ProgPower stage.

Tickets for ProgPower USA, Day #1 go on sale December 16 at 12:00pm EST...."

See the sticky thread up top for "ProgPower USA XXIII (2024)..." for more details...