Disturbed is back

DISTURBED TEAM UP WITH BREAKING BENJAMIN FOR SUMMER TOUR; ALTER BRIDGE, SAINT ASONIA TO SUPPORT

disturbedtourfeb.jpg

DISTURBED Announces Fall Tour Dates With CHEVELLE

Sep. 23 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint+
Sep. 27 - West Valley City, UT @ Maverick Centre*
Sep. 28 - Colorado Spring, CO @ Colorado Springs World Arena*
Sep. 30 - Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena*
Oct. 04 - Raleigh, NC @ The Red Hat Amphitheater*
Oct. 05 - University Park, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center – Penn State University*
Oct. 07 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Boardwalk Hall^
Oct. 08 - Huntington, WV @ Big Sandy Superstore Arena*
Oct. 09 - Reading, PA @ Santander Arena*
Oct. 17 - Austin, TX @ Moody Theater^
Oct. 18 - Midland, TX @ Horseshoe Pavillion*
Oct. 19 - El Paso, TX @ Speaking Rock Event Center*
Oct. 21 - Glendale, AZ @ Gila River Arena*

+ Support to be determined
* with CHEVELLE and NOTHING MORE
^ with NOTHING MORE only

DISTURBED TO RELEASE LIVE AT RED ROCKS IN NOVEMBER

"...Disturbed will release a new live album, entitled Live At Red Rocks, on November 18th via Warner Bros. Records. The album features songs spanning Disturbed's 20-year-career, including Mainstream Rock chart hits "Down With The Sickness”, "Stricken”, “Inside The Fire”, "Indestructible”, "The Vengeful One”, "The Light," and their now Platinum-certified version of Simon & Garfunkel's classic hit "The Sound Of Silence”. Live At Red Rocks is available for pre-order as of today via all DSPs, and those who pre-order will receive an instant download of the album track "The Light”. Pre-order Live At Red Rocks here...."

disturbedredrocks.jpg

Disturbed is absolutely one of the best bands ever. Since I only seen recent interviews involving david draiman my opinion is singled out to primarily him . for that being said, it has been refreshing to see a huge star appear to have such a strong level humility, kindness, and light inside of him. The lyrics produced on some of the songs I have listened to are so honest and heartfelt emotions. Very real. I also have this same fondness for the shinedown band however, this is a little different. I can see he has that same loving caregiver person inside of him as he was running healthcare facilities. I can see in his eyes, stardom never changed that.

Completely agree with you on both those points. I've seen them 3 times and that was the last tour I saw them on--very weak set consisting of their singles, which I generally find to be their weakest songs. I didn't really listen to much music until probably freshmen year of high school around the time Believe came out. That was the first album I bought and a big part of my musical beginnings. Loved Believe and TTF, but the albums after that tend to have a few tracks I often skip.

I find the new song to be pretty generic and it doesn't sound that much different(maybe a little) than a lot of their prior stuff, yet Disturbed isn't a band to really expect much progression from. The video is actually dreadful and probably ruined the song for me, haha. But I'm sure the rest of the album will meet my expectations and sate any need for to-the-point hard rock/metal.
To reply to this,
While you may think they sound generic, what I feel is unique are the lyrics. If you get a thorough / somewhat assessment on the person is, was, where he came from, a lot of the lyrics make a lot of sense to be personal or stuff he feels passionate about in what he sees in the world and Yes I am aware they have done cover songs and I am not talking about those ones. As a fan of nickelback, I don't think they sound similar at all. Maybe there are similarities in the musical instruments but that just be just simple simulaties in likes and tastes of construction of music. No different than 2 friends having similar likes and tastes.