E-Music

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
I'm a big fan of electronic/space music in the Berlin school style. Some years ago I experimented selling some of the better current bands of the time. It was a complete failure. I'm curious - is there any interest in this genre?

Ken, i'm a big fan also. The Berlin/Dusseldorf scene was amazing!
Tangerine Dream, Ash Ra Temple, Agitation Free, Guru Guru, Cosmic Jokers, etc... & from Dusseldorf Annexus Quam, Neu and of course Kraftwerk! Can from Cologne! All great stuff. Could you sell this stuff? Not sure. It seems a lot of your customers (on this forum at least) are either Neo-Prog or Prog-Metal fans. I doubt they could get into this electronic/space music! Lots to discover though for new fans if your open minded.::Smokin: I just bought Grobschnitt - Solar Music Live yesterday (my 2nd copy!) Not from Berlin/Dusseldorf but killer. I have a feeling it would not be a good business decision. But, count me in, i would buy!!! So a least i would support your decision to bring it in.

I enjoy early TD. Their later stuff :puke: I think RMI is close in some respects. I bought the new one here. Great stuff. When Steve Roach first started he was influenced by the Berlin School. Not so much now. Very spacy. But I'm still a huge fan. Also Robert Rich and Ian Boddy rank right up there for me.

I beg to differ from ggiant. I like Neo and Prog Metal. I also like some Death, Thrash and Black Metal. I do agree about keeping an open mind or one could get stuck in a rut. So go and space out! :headbang: :lol:

Ggiant - I'm not talking about the early German underground. That stuff is bread and butter for us. I'm talking aobut bands like Waveform, Brainworks, RMI, etc. Electronic bands.

If you go through the one-of-a-kind section you'll find some great electronic albums hiding there.

Music which I don't think I know anything about. I looked it up on Wiki. Is there somewhere to hear examples?

There was a reference to a Pink Floyd tune in the article, I'm not a big fan of Floyd, so if it's along those lines -- a no from me.

Ken,
Thanks for the link. I watched as much of the You Tube Vid. as I could, streaming problems. Didn't expect the woodwind action and overall tempo for Space Music. I'm intrigued enough to at least check out downloads of their stuff. Is your question to carry or not time sensitive? I'm not avail. to do the homework during the week.

Not time sensitive at all - just curious. RMI will be performing in Philadelphia on April 16th at St. Mary's Church. Its an amazing setting to see them perform. They use lasers and smoke and LOTS of Mellotron! :)

Listened to most of : diabolica (song) and for longer than it takes. So far I'm just getting flashbacks with visions of beads, blacklights, and strobes. So far no go for me.

unfortunately, I can no longer partake in such illuminating, kaleidoscopic endeavors. :cry:

back when most of you were just a glimmer in the eye, Georgetown University had their own FM radio station; that from midnight to five-ish ran electronic music
alas it ended when the Jesuists pulled the plug around 1975.
you name it;
they had it

mw

I personally cant' stand electronic music.

But that doesn't mean other folks enjoy it.

I would think that if you pursue selling e-music, you would have to advertise more...you would probably need to be more active in Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, <insert social network here> since you are more of a prog-selling household name...It would be tough, but it doesn't mean you can't do it.

Not interested in selling it - just curious if any of you kats listen to it.

Ooops

I think the only "electronic music" I listen to is ES Posthumus...don't know if it falls under the e-music category but I really like them..Haven't heard the new album though...The 2nd one was a hit and miss for me..