...going through withdrawals...

Sep 19, 2004
P3C-117
www.yessy.com
...i had the best time at pp...(my first one)....and am having a hard time back here in reality land....when i got back, i had no one to talk to about it...(the people i work with are just into country and hip hop)...it was so wonderful being around my kind of peeps!...and the eye candy walking around and playing on stage....sigh............ :yow:

aaahhh yes the PPBLD Prog Power Blues Let Down. About 99 percent of us get this every year. Hence my idea of living in a Prog Power Commune. HOw much would that rock?

Coldie....having a touch of the blues herself!

I feel your pain. It's such a fun, carefree weekend every year. I'm always going "this time last week I was...." how sad. I like to call it the Post Prog Power Depression (PPPD) -- gets worse every year. At least you now have something to look forward to for another year ........................

Post Prog Power Blues, or just plain old Post Meet Up Blues. I get them everytime I fly somewhere for a meet up with my friends for a show, which is 2-3 times a year. It gets harder every time to get on that plane and go home.

Some of us also talk about living in a commune....

Hahha, I thought I was the only one going "Man this time last week I was at the preparty and........" or "This time two weeks ago I was so excited I couldnt sleep" Yea, coming back to a hometown devoid of metal definitely sucks. Every year is so great I come back thinking everything should have changed and gotten a lot cooler and when I realize no one I talk to could give a shit what bad assery took place at Prog Power its pretty depressing.

Ben

Yeah you should have seen us sappsuckers at the airport. Man, I had something in my eye I swear , must have been a dustmite or something LOL

I was actually having a bad time on Saturday night before everything was over, call it pre Post Prog Power Depression, and man it suckeddddddddd!!!

That is also why I am making it a priority to hook up with some of my PPUSA friends during the year to do it again, if we do it 3 or 4 times a year then it won't suck so bad at the end of PPUSA. I am even thinking of doing a Hawaii trip next spring, not sure how many would want to go but wouldn't it be cool to get away with your metal friends to a party tropical paradise to have a great time and warm up for the next one.

Bear

haha Brent, yeah mine will too. I am just lucky I get plenty of vacation time. It was cool to hang with with you dude, shoot me those pics of your friends and me when you get a chance, I am almost done editing, I will be putting all mine up on my site this weekend. See you in chat dude \m/

Bear

I had to suffer the pangs of withdrawal twice in two weeks! Argh!

First was after Dragon*Con, only two weeks before ProgPower and about two miles south. After four days of immersion in THAT crowd, the mundane world seemed like black-and-white.

And now, post-ProgPower depression. Both of the events I was most looking forward to this year are over. It's gonna be a boring autumn. :yell: :yell:

I am already salivating over next years prospects. SOnata, Strato, Shaman?!!! All "S", strange.

Todd

So that is what I am feeling. Thanks for diagnosing it for me. I have PPPD!! It was so worth it though. I can't stop thinking about last weekend and can only hope there will be more chances to see everyone again before next years progpower. Someone put together another festival!!!!!!!!

Evil-

You are so sweet.

I thought I was the only one who was sad. I keep looking forward to the year when I can bring my son with me!

The only thing that's keeping me going is the fact I am going Skydiving next weekend. THAT should be a rush!

On the way home, in the plane I kept looking out the window thinking, In 2 weeks, I am going to be jumping from a plane with a group of my good friends! Of course I didn't say it out loud...

Man I can't wait for next year... Meet all those I didn't meet this year (All 3 of ya! Ha) and a ton of new people.

-MetalRose

savascream said:
So that is what I am feeling. Thanks for diagnosing it for me. I have PPPD!! It was so worth it though. I can't stop thinking about last weekend and can only hope there will be more chances to see everyone again before next years progpower. Someone put together another festival!!!!!!!!
Dude Powerfest!!! Hopefully Imagika can play it!!!I'll be there no matter what, its like a mini Prog Power USA

Bear

:cry: I've had the blues ever since I had to go back to work on Monday,it was just such a great time! I mean the days were long enough so that you did not feel "robbed" of time but at the same time so filled with activities, meets, and so on that they did go fast indeed. This was my first year at the fest and I am already looking forward to next year, hopefully I'll get to meet more of you as I did not mingle as much as I would have liked to. :wave:

I must have see you 50 times all over the place Pabla, its kinda easy when you have beacons like those horns adorning your outfit :headbang:

Bear

Bear said:
Dude Powerfest!!! Hopefully Imagika can play it!!!I'll be there no matter what, its like a mini Prog Power USA

Bear

Dude if this happens everyone is invited!! We'll all party again!!

Seriously though I am REALLY hoping that comes together as Chicago is close enough for at least a good amount of us to hook up at.