Guess The 2015 Roster

Friday
Emperor (performing In The Nightside Eclipse)
Vanden Plas (performing Chronicles of the Immortals parts 1&2)
Serenity
Anubis Gate
Diabulus In Musica
Amoral

Saturday
Blind Guardian (performing Nightfall In Middle Earth)
Amaranthe
Voyager
Amberian Dawn
Appearance Of Nothing
Saffire

Friday

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free Full Album Set (20th anniversary of the album)
Kamelot
Orphaned Land
Voyager
Scythia
Noble Beast

Saturday

Blind Guardian
Threshold
Riot
Persuader
Beardfish
Armory

Added Bonus Gold Badge Show: Gamma Ray Acoustic

Okay, so here are my guesses. I was gonna have Sabaton down for Thursday night, but unfortunately they probably played too recently. Two Urban breed-fronted bands is probably too much, but I figured I could throw it out there anyway. :) I'm not very good with judging the relative merits vis-a-vis slots, either, but here ya are anyway.

Thursday
In Flames
Katatonia
Trail of Murder

Friday
Therion
Hammerfall
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Eclipse
Serious Black
St. Deamon

Saturday
Evergrey
Opeth
Arch Enemy
Scar Symmetry
Dynazty
Morgana LeFay

best posted line up so far! :devil:

I think convincing them to do something special would be a bit more difficult than the bands who have done that kind of set. I don't want to discount Glenn here - 1) he always manages to produce magic and 2) ProgPower served as the cornerstone of their first US tour, so he's not just some random promoter asking for something special. However, they don't have quite the same level of history as the other bands who have done full albums or special song choices. I would obviously be ecstatic if he pulled it off, but if BG does headline (which I think there's a good chance of), I'd be expecting something more along the lines of a standard set.

Obviously, I'd LOVE to eat my words on this, I just think it's worth keeping expectations reasonable. European open air fests have probably been willing to throw bags of money at BG to get NiME in its entirety, but it has never happened.

I hadn't thought of that. Circle II Circle, Pagan's Mind, Evergrey and JOP have a history with ProgPower and that probably generates more goodwill for special sets. Still, I feel like, with demand for tickets clearly outpacing the last few years, it's hard to escape the conclusion that whatever he paid for this year's roster, it was worth it, and the temptation to try again has got to be there. That set alone would be enough draw to sell out the fest again.

It's becoming way too hard to not pick Australian bands.

Friday

Unisonic
Royal Hunt (Playing Paradox in its entirety)
Heavenly
Anubis Gate
Ne Obliviscaris
Dynazty

Saturday

Angra
Anathema
Voyager
Haken
Persuader
Amoral

Thursday
Freedom Call
Threshold
Armory

Now that would be one hell of a show! :headbang:

Friday

Gamma Ray - Land of the Free Full Album Set (20th anniversary of the album)
Kamelot
Orphaned Land
Voyager
Scythia
Noble Beast

Saturday

Blind Guardian
Threshold
Riot
Persuader
Beardfish
Armory

Added Bonus Gold Badge Show: Gamma Ray Acoustic

Pat's real list:

Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray

Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray
Gamma Ray

Evergrey above Opeth?

Srsly?
I was going to post the same thing.

Also Emperor is super high in price...no way that is going to happen. I could see at best MDF getting that.

Also I doubt In Flames for a pre-show...would anyone really want to see them?

Ahem... you guys didn't notice a... theme to my rosters? Indicating that maybe I was not 100% serious about all the bands...? (never mind the disclaimer that I'm not exactly awesome at figuring out who should go in which slot.)

Besides, on a completely serious note... if Evergrey played before Opeth, not only would a lot of people leave before Opeth, but most of the remainder would fall asleep. But Opeth and Evergrey the same night ain't gonna happen regardless. :p

As for In Flames, well, Sabaton played last year and I was running out of bands that fit my criterion. :)

Shaye