Guess the roster contest Winner!

longshot9

Feb 11, 2002
Murrieta, CA
[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]Time to announce the winner for a 2012 VIP badge. I've spent the last few days checking over things and discussing with Glenn to make sure the calculations were correct.

The winner of the VIP badge for PP USA XIII is once again DarkOne! :cool:

His winning roster was:

Friday:

1. Aska
2. Cynthesis
3. Kingcrow (3 pts.)
4. Grand Magus
5. Serenity (3 pts.)
6. Wolverine
7. Masterplan

Saturday:

1. Jolly
2. Sons Of Seasons
3. Mystic Prophecy (3 pts.)
4. Falconer
5. Pretty Maids (3 pts.)
6. Symphony X (3 pts.)

Darkone was one of 5 people that got 5 correct bands, but got a few more points for having all 5 bands on the correct nights.

Due to the fact that an extra band was added on Saturday night, Glenn and I decided that we would only give points this year for the Band and the Night (2 and 1) since everyone was short a pick on Saturday night. Next year we'll do the same and use the slot point as a tie-breaker.

I think next year everyone should wait until DarkOne posts his guesses, and then go off that... he's got a handle on this thing ;)

DarkOne, congratulations once again!! I have your info already and will forward it to Glenn if he needs it again. Thanks everyone for participating once again and we'll do it again next year![/FONT]

That guy is either a genius, psychic or damn lucky. I got one band on the wrong night in the wrong slot. Pfffft.

Man, I think I'd blow a brain blood vessel if Falconer were playing.

disapproval-youre-doing-it-again-2400_preview.jpg

I saw Falconer at BWBK 03 and they were pretty awesome; if nothing's changed drastically since then, I'd be happy to see them again!

It's funny, when it was being announced initially, I thought I was in the running because I guessed both Sinbreed and Kingcrow. After that though, didn't get a damn thing right. Haha.

I know Steve pretty well ... my guess is that he has a probabilities program he's designed that helps him win this deal. He probably inputs each and every roster guess given and then it spits out the secret formula of just how to slip ahead of the rest for the win. Congrats again !!

Britt

Wow! I actually had 4 correct bands! I had Serenity on the correct night & slot, Amaranthe and Mystic Prophecy on the correct night and order but shifted by one slot and Pretty Maids headlining. I don't think I had any correct last year. I'm terribly impressed with myself right now.

I know Steve pretty well ... my guess is that he has a probabilities program he's designed that helps him win this deal. Britt

Britt figured it out. I'll be programming my way to win the lottery next.

Nah, I'm pretty stunned I won once, let alone twice in a row. Don't mistake that for the idea that I have a clue.

I suspect Glenn chose a few of the more popular or more requested bands this year, which is why I was able to get any correct.

Next year, for those that want to copy my thoughts, I'll be guessing Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Manowar, and a special "Evening with Ayreon".

Steve in Philly

As usual, I went oh-fer-13. Trying to figure out bands Glenn has NOT brought to PPUSA, and bands who actually have, were a brain twister. Never thought he would bring SymX and Redemption again. SynX is his Power Metal Evergrey, the PPUSA house band.