PP USA XIII: Official Guess the Roster Contest *ENDS TODAY!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time attempting this, and considering the bands Glenn pulls out of his ass, probably very wrong, but a good wishlist of who I'd like to see.

1) Kingcrow
2) Tuatha De Dannan
3) Wolverine
4) Suspyre
5) ReVamp
6) Falconer
7) Demons & Wizards

1) Jolly
2) Halcyon Way
3) Myrath
4) Jag Panzer
5) Symphony X
6) Anathema

OK...since I am so good at this and that I did so well on this last year (see I got 1 correct)...I'll give it a go.

Opener to Headliner.

Friday:
7 - Cloverseeds
6 - Grave Machine
5 - Subsignal
4 - Jag Panzer
3 - Sabaton
2 - Devin Townsend
1 - JOP (with special guests)

Saturday:
6 - The Man-Eating Tree
5 - Lanfear
4 - Amberian Dawn
3 - King Crow
2 - Redemption
1 - Rhapsody of Fire

First time attempting this, and considering the bands Glenn pulls out of his ass, probably very wrong, but a good wishlist of who I'd like to see.

1) Kingcrow
2) Tuatha De Dannan
3) Wolverine
4) Suspyre
5) ReVamp
6) Falconer
7) Demons & Wizards

1) Jolly
2) Halcyon Way
3) Myrath
4) Jag Panzer
5) Symphony X
6) Anathema

That's a very solid list there, sir. I would go, though I woudln't be so thrilled about seeing Suspyre again. I love their music, but I found their performance a couple years ago to just be meh.

That's a very solid list there, sir. I would go, though I woudln't be so thrilled about seeing Suspyre again. I love their music, but I found their performance a couple years ago to just be meh.

Their ProgPower appearance wasn't the best. However, they have grown A LOT as a band, especially Clay. They've really won me over after may attempts.

An example? Footage of their new song, The Divided Son at our show last week:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about what constitutes "correct slot" when there are a different number of bands on Friday and Saturday. Suppose, for example, Edguy is headlining (playing sixth) on Saturday. Suppose Person A's guess for Friday is (1 being opener, 7 being headliner):

1. blah
2. blah
3. blah
4. blah
5. blah
6. Edguy
7. blah

and Person B's guess for Friday is

1. blah
2. blah
3. blah
4. blah
5. blah
6. blah
7. Edguy

Which person gets credit for getting Edguy's slot right? Was it Person A for getting 6th slot correct, or Person B for correctly guessing Edguy as a headliner?

Person B seems like the most natural answer, but then suppose the band playing right before Edguy is, say, Falconer, in the 5th (and 2nd to last) spot on Saturday. If Person A had guess Falconer in the 5th slot on Friday, and Person B had them in the 6th slot (2nd to last) on Friday, is it still Person B who gets credit for the correct slot? If so, how far down does this continue? If Person A puts Saturday's actual opener as Friday's opener, and Person B puts that band 2nd on Friday, is it still Person B who gets credit for correctly putting that band in the 6th to last spot?

So essentially, which of the 7 Friday slots correspond to the 6 Saturday slots?

If this has been asked and answered in a previous year, then I apologize for my ignorance, last year's ProgPower having been my first one. Also, if the day has to be correct in order for the slot to be considered correct, then this whole question is moot.

I have a question about what constitutes "correct slot" when there are a different number of bands on Friday and Saturday. Suppose, for example, Edguy is headlining (playing sixth) on Saturday. Suppose Person A's guess for Friday is (1 being opener, 7 being headliner):

1. blah
2. blah
3. blah
4. blah
5. blah
6. Edguy
7. blah

and Person B's guess for Friday is

1. blah
2. blah
3. blah
4. blah
5. blah
6. blah
7. Edguy

Which person gets credit for getting Edguy's slot right? Was it Person A for getting 6th slot correct, or Person B for correctly guessing Edguy as a headliner?

Person B seems like the most natural answer, but then suppose the band playing right before Edguy is, say, Falconer, in the 5th (and 2nd to last) spot on Saturday. If Person A had guess Falconer in the 5th slot on Friday, and Person B had them in the 6th slot (2nd to last) on Friday, is it still Person B who gets credit for the correct slot? If so, how far down does this continue? If Person A puts Saturday's actual opener as Friday's opener, and Person B puts that band 2nd on Friday, is it still Person B who gets credit for correctly putting that band in the 6th to last spot?

So essentially, which of the 7 Friday slots correspond to the 6 Saturday slots?

If this has been asked and answered in a previous year, then I apologize for my ignorance, last year's ProgPower having been my first one. Also, if the day has to be correct in order for the slot to be considered correct, then this whole question is moot.

The correct slot means you got the band, slot they're playing in, AND the night all right.

For example... if we take 'TheLongshot''s guesses as an example,

1) Kingcrow
2) Tuatha De Dannan
3) Wolverine
4) Suspyre
5) ReVamp
6) Falconer
7) Demons & Wizards

1) Jolly
2) Halcyon Way
3) Myrath
4) Jag Panzer
5) Symphony X
6) Anathema

Then we use 'johnfrank1970''s guesses as the actual announced roster:

Friday
(1) Lost in Thought
(2) Triosphere
(3) Cynthesis
(4) Wolverine
(5) Mystic Prophecy
(6) Falconer
(7) Pagan's Mind

Saturday
(1) Jolly
(2) Amaranthe
(3) Kingcrow
(4) Sun Caged
(5) Pretty Maids
(6) Symphony X

Then 'TheLongshot' would get the following points...

1 for Symphony X for 'night'
2 for Symphony X for 'band'
2 for Kingcrow for 'band' since he only got the band right, not the night or slot
1 for Wolverine for 'night'
2 for Wolverine for 'band'
1 for Falconer for 'night'
2 for Falconer for 'band'
3 for Falconer for 'slot' since TheLongshot picked Falconer as the 6th band on friday, and Falconer is announced as the 6th band on friday (in johnfrank1970's "mock" official announcement)
1 for Jolly for 'night'
2 for Jolly for 'band'
3 for Jolly for 'slot'

So TheLongshot's total would be 20 points. Hope I explained that well enough ;)

Yes, the calculations did change this year to 1 point for the correct night, and 2 for the correct band.

Dude, you alive? You making it from Oz this year or what? Check your email! :lol:

Alive n kicking Milto. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it over this year due to some circumstances, would have loved to though. I haven't seen an email from you in ages?

Thanks for clearing that up, longshot9. I had assumed that day and slot were independent, but since they aren't, then there is no ambiguity at all for what counts as the correct slot.

Count me among those who essentially knows nothing about the metal scene compared to the rest of you guys. So yes, I know some of this will suck, and apologize in advance.

Friday
1. Beyond Twilight
2. Xandria
3. Seven Kingdoms
4. Charon
5. Sinbreed
6. Diamond Head
7. Armored Saint

Saturday
1. Echoes of Eternity
2. Hibria
3. Kingcrow
4. Eluveitie
5. Grand Magus
6. Nightwish

Count me among those who essentially knows nothing about the metal scene compared to the rest of you guys. So yes, I know some of this will suck, and apologize in advance.

Friday
1. Beyond Twilight
2. Xandria
3. Seven Kingdoms
4. Charon
5. Sinbreed
6. Diamond Head
7. Armored Saint

Saturday
1. Echoes of Eternity
2. Hibria
3. Kingcrow
4. Eluveitie
5. Grand Magus
6. Nightwish

I'll give props to you for giving Diamond Head and Armored Saint such high positions. :headbang:

Friday
1. Beyond Twilight
2. Xandria
3. Seven Kingdoms
4. Charon
5. Sinbreed
6. Diamond Head
7. Armored Saint

Saturday
1. Echoes of Eternity
2. Hibria
3. Kingcrow
4. Eluveitie
5. Grand Magus
6. Nightwish

While you say that, I actually would have to say your Saturday looks pretty realistic, while your Friday is a bit off. :lol:

Well, I started off realistic but the wishes crept in...

Friday
1. Eumeria
2. Sinbreed
3. Cynthesis
4. Wolf
5. Fifth Angel
6. Pagan's Mind
7. Savatage

Saturday
1. Dreyelands
2. Borealis
3. Kingcrow
4. Grand Magus
5. Redemption
6. Symphony X

Friday:

1)Aeon Zen
2)Votum
3)Fairyland
4)Wintersun
5)Dark Moor
6)Circus Maximus
7)Anathema

Saturday:

1)Souljourners
2)Borealis
3)Trail of Tears
4)Redemption
5)Shadow Gallery
6)Rhapsody of Fire

The correct slot means you got the band, slot they're playing in, AND the night all right.

For example... if we take 'TheLongshot''s guesses as an example,

1) Kingcrow
2) Tuatha De Dannan
3) Wolverine
4) Suspyre
5) ReVamp
6) Falconer
7) Demons & Wizards

1) Jolly
2) Halcyon Way
3) Myrath
4) Jag Panzer
5) Symphony X
6) Anathema

Then we use 'johnfrank1970''s guesses as the actual announced roster:

Friday
(1) Lost in Thought
(2) Triosphere
(3) Cynthesis
(4) Wolverine
(5) Mystic Prophecy
(6) Falconer
(7) Pagan's Mind

Saturday
(1) Jolly
(2) Amaranthe
(3) Kingcrow
(4) Sun Caged
(5) Pretty Maids
(6) Symphony X

Then 'TheLongshot' would get the following points...

1 for Symphony X for 'night'
2 for Symphony X for 'band'
2 for Kingcrow for 'band' since he only got the band right, not the night or slot
1 for Wolverine for 'night'
2 for Wolverine for 'band'
1 for Falconer for 'night'
2 for Falconer for 'band'
3 for Falconer for 'slot' since TheLongshot picked Falconer as the 6th band on friday, and Falconer is announced as the 6th band on friday (in johnfrank1970's "mock" official announcement)
1 for Jolly for 'night'
2 for Jolly for 'band'
3 for Jolly for 'slot'

So TheLongshot's total would be 20 points. Hope I explained that well enough ;)

Yes, the calculations did change this year to 1 point for the correct night, and 2 for the correct band.

Didn't you do the spreadsheet for this last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.