PP USA XIII: Official Guess the Roster Contest *ENDS TODAY!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one right. Once. Let's try again. Oh and for the haters (yeah, you Claus) I say:
I don't care if the band has broken up, or is too expensive, or is too whatever. I am just throwing stuff out there completely off the cuff to see what might be right. Last year I did some research. This year, I ain't looking up shit.
In fact, I am just taking the playlist from www.progrockandmetal.net and letting my GF's dog piss on the bands in random order.
Here is what he picked:
Friday:

1. 66 Crusher
2. Chaoswave
3. Dreylands
4. Manticora
5. Zero Hour
6. ReVamp
7. Symphony X

Saturday:

1. Halcyon Way
2. Daedalus
3. Thunderstone
4. Wuthering Heights
5. Riverside
6. Pagan's Mind

Friday:
1. Juvaliant
2. Kingcrow
3. Myrath
4. Astral Doors
5. Falconer
6. Pretty Maids
7. Symphony X

Saturday:
1. Eumeria
2. Wolf
3. Hell
4. Lost Horizon
5. Anathema
6. Masterplan

First attempt at this.

Friday
1) Lost in Thought
2) Dakyra
3) Kingcrow
4) Amaranthe
5) Falconer
6) Devin Townsend
7) Pagan's Mind

Saturday
1) Eumeria
2) Cynthesis
3) Grand Magus
4) Wolverine
5) Anathema
6) Masterplan

OK, it is time that I play.

FRIDAY NIGHT:

1: Battlecross - The Michigan-based up and comers make their PP USA debut. Their CD "Pursuit of Honor" off Metal Blade is pretty good.
2: TesseracT - Glenn just HAS to bring these guys to PP USA. Glenn will say, "It's about me, me, me, me, ME!"
3: Amoral - Finnish Idol winner, Ari Koivunen, makes his USA debut.
4: Galneryus - Has too much popularity on the forums to be ignored. The time has come to bring the Japanese heroes to Atlanta.
5: Edenbridge - It is about GOD DAMNED TIME that Sabine Edelsbacher graces Center Stage.
6: Stratovarius - They have not drawn well in the US. Will be the USA exclusive.
HEADLINER: Shadow Gallery - Glenn FINALLY gets them to play Center Stage.

SATURDAY NIGHT:

1: Echoterra - Like Sabine, Melissa Ferlaak FINALLY graces Center Stage at PPUSA
2: Symbolic - Time to break from Latin America's PP cradle in Brazil and bring in the up and comers from El Salvador
3: Arkona - The oddball act. Masha Scream leads the Russian Folk Metal gods to Center Stage
4: Masterplan - Jorn Lande returns to PPUSA with the one of the most under-appreciated acts in metal
5: Pagan's Mind - The Norwegian heroes are one of the TWO returnees to PPUSA
HEADLINER: Rhapsody of Fire - What a way to end PPUSA! Fabio, Luca and the gang level the place to send everyone home.

Acts Considered:

Tarja - Nightwish has gotten too big for PPUSA. So, Tarja would be the next best thing. I think Glenn might make a play for her. She would EASILY be a 5 or 6. However, the problem will be her never ending search for more money, never mind the restrictions that Cabuli will pull out of his tochas. It will make Glenn say, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Within Temptation - Why Glenn keeps trying for them is beyond me. They have no interest in PPUSA, as they will not even give Glenn the time of day.

Devin Townsend - Though he has played PPUSA before, he really has gotten too big for PPUSA. Now, that does not mean he will not play it. I just do not see it as likely.

Thursday evening with:

1. Pagan's Mind
2. Amorphis

Friday:

1. Eumeria
2. Chaoswave
3. Amaranthe
4. Astral Doors
5. Masterplan
6. Shadow Gallery
7. Rhapsody Of Fire

Saturday:

1. The Magnificent
2. Myrath
3. Pain (Peter Tagtgren)
4. Devin Townsend
5. Falconer
6. Symphony X

Friday
1. Kingcrow
2. Jolly
3. Dark Moor
4. Amaranthe
5. Circus Maximus
6. Anathema
7. Devin Townsend

Saturday
1. Cynthesis
2. Sons of Seasons
3. Unexpect
4. Falconer
5. Riverside
6. Rhapsody of Fire

Friday
1. Kingcrow
2. Jolly
3. Dark Moor
4. Amaranthe
5. Circus Maximus
6. Anathema
7. Devin Townsend

Saturday
1. Cynthesis
2. Sons of Seasons
3. Unexpect
4. Falconer
5. Riverside
6. Rhapsody of Fire

That's an awesome lineup, but I would switch Anathema with Devin - unless he does the Ziltoid show. :lol:

Devin Townsend - Though he has played PPUSA before, he really has gotten too big for PPUSA. Now, that does not mean he will not play it. I just do not see it as likely.

Not true at all. I'm a big fan, but it's not like the dude is even going to be selling out House of Blues any time soon. His headline tour that he had here, was mostly in 500 people venues and most of those didn't sell out. I think there's a high probability of him being at PPUSA next year.

That's an awesome lineup, but I would switch Anathema with Devin - unless he does the Ziltoid show. :lol:

Yeah, I was really close to switching them because I don't think Anathema would be less than a headliner otherwise, but then went with the Ziltoid show theory. Saves me from over-analyzing it too much...

Not true at all. I'm a big fan, but it's not like the dude is even going to be selling out House of Blues any time soon. His headline tour that he had here, was mostly in 500 people venues and most of those didn't sell out. I think there's a high probability of him being at PPUSA next year.
OK, I can accept that. What do you think of the rest if the lineup?

OK, I can accept that. What do you think of the rest if the lineup?

Solid for sure. Some of those I have to look into as I don't know much about. I so wish Rhapsody would come like everyone wants them too. I truly wish they would just lower their cost and come. Just having them I think would probably guarantee a sellout.

Friday
1. Kingcrow
2. Jolly
3. Dark Moor
4. Amaranthe
5. Circus Maximus
6. Anathema
7. Devin Townsend

Saturday
1. Cynthesis
2. Sons of Seasons
3. Unexpect
4. Falconer
5. Riverside
6. Rhapsody of Fire

I would buy my ticket today if this was the lineup :kickass:

I got one right. Once. Let's try again. Oh and for the haters (yeah, you Claus) I say:
I don't care if the band has broken up, or is too expensive, or is too whatever. I am just throwing stuff out there completely off the cuff to see what might be right. Last year I did some research. This year, I ain't looking up shit.
In fact, I am just taking the playlist from www.progrockandmetal.net and letting my GF's dog piss on the bands in random order.
Here is what he picked:
Friday:
I must be under the loop heh
1. 66 Crusher ?
2. Chaoswave ?
3. Dreylands ?
4. Manticora did
5. Zero Hour did
6. ReVamp ?
7. Symphony X been there done that oh plenty sorry you couldn't make it for all of them...come again sometime we love SX!!

Saturday:

1. Halcyon Way did sorry will catch y'all next time eh?
2. Daedalus ?
3. Thunderstone did I loved it!
4. Wuthering Heights did awesome!
5. Riverside did oh oh
6. Pagan's Mind: oh plenty but thats fine hehe! always a great show!

You know what hunny bun??
I love it but so sorry..half of them already played at PP. You need to study what was and think of what would be in the future PP realm in order to find out what euro bands would be playing next n them some.....
And believe me you will never know until the end my friend....
Cause as a veteran I'm always surprised every year and I love it!

PS:Lazy is whom picks from a playlist, a small time lil website that cannot predict PP, but if that is what you think, fine. Be my guest....:kickass:
:

Friday:
1. Sinbreed
2. Kingcrow
3. Cynthesis
4. Grand Magus
5. Mystic Prophecy
6. Anathema
7. Symphony X

Saturday:
1. Cloverseeds
2. Lost In Thought