PP USA XII: Win a VIP ticket - Deadline is Sept. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, Mob Rules is in the lead with 42 votes. :headbang:
If you had some extra free time, I'd be curious to see not just the most frequently picked bands, but the most frequently picked for a given slot (or group them into low, mid, and high). I think it would be interesting to see a sort of meta-guess on where the community as a whole thinks various bands would be slotted, vs where the real bands end up on the roster.

If you had some extra free time, I'd be curious to see not just the most frequently picked bands, but the most frequently picked for a given slot (or group them into low, mid, and high). I think it would be interesting to see a sort of meta-guess on where the community as a whole thinks various bands would be slotted, vs where the real bands end up on the roster.

I'll see what I can do, good idea :)

Glenn, I'm pretty sure you're bored this time of year. With all of your downtime, you should respond to each and every guess with an estimated cost of that show.
Steve in Philly (refusing to put a smiley emoticon in this response)

I disqualified the obvious: Star One/Aryeon & Dream Theater. Off the top of my head...

Top 5:

1. Paradox
2. Orphaned Land
3. Pyramaze
4. Epica
5. Within Temptation
6. Symphony X

Saturday:

1. Cloudscape
2. Hibria
3. Turisas
4. Dragonland
5. Angra
6. Blind Guardian

1. Eyefear
2. Persephone
3. Kingcrow
4. Anubis Gate
5. Therion
6. Green Carnation

Saturday:
1. Division By Zero
2. Cloakwheel
3. Dissillusion
4. Falconer
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. James Labrie

1 Anubis Gate
2 Myrath
3 Turisas
4 Sabaton
5 Shadow Gallery
6 Therion

Saturday"

1 Battle Beast
2 Power Glove
3 Heavenly
4 Hibria
5 Symphony X
6 Rhapsody of Fire

1. Benedictum
2. Turisas
3. Sanctuary
4. Mob Rules
5. James LaBrie
6. Within Temptation

Saturday

1. Free Spirit
2. Haken
3. Wolf
4. Shadow Gallery
5. Sabaton
6. Savatage

Champion:

Friday Night
1. Amaranthe
2. Lunatica
3. Evergrey
4. Avantasia
5. Rhapsody of Fire
6. Within Temptation

Saturday Night
1. Sirenia
2. ReVamp
3. Epica
4. Masterplan
5. Sonata Arctica
6. Nightwish

Here ya go, most frequently picked for each slot...

FRIDAY
Slot Band # Of Picks
1. Myrath 7
2. Kingcrow 6
3. Anubis Gate 6
4. Mob Rules 9
5. Mob Rules 9
6. James LaBrie 10

SATURDAY
1. TesseracT 7
2. Kingcrow 6
3. Anubis Gate 5
4. Mob Rules 10
5. Masterplan 9
6. Rhapsody Of Fire 14

Here ya go, most frequently picked for each slot...

FRIDAY
Slot Band # Of Picks
1. Myrath 7
2. Kingcrow 6
3. Anubis Gate 6
4. Mob Rules 9
5. Mob Rules 9
6. James LaBrie 10

SATURDAY
1. TesseracT 7
2. Kingcrow 6
3. Anubis Gate 5
4. Mob Rules 10
5. Masterplan 9
6. Rhapsody Of Fire 14
Awesome, thanks! Looks like people are really expecting Kingcrow at a 2 slot, Anubis Gate at 3, and Mob Rules at 4 or 5.

nomisofsiman (i think) had the idea of someone creating something that would be able to tally up all the points once the final roster is announced so everyone could see how they did... and that would track which bands got the most votes. So I created a spreadsheet and have been tracking everyone's picks, and how many votes each band has received which in turn created a total number of all the bands picked. It's been a fun project. :loco:

Nope. Sorry dude, you got me confused with someone else. I do remember someone else talking about it though.

Oh what the hell... mostly wishful thinking on my part :)

Friday
1. Aspera
2. Triosphere
3. Anubis Gate
4. Falconer
5. Labyrinth
6. Evergrey

Saturday
1. Tesseract
2. Silent Call
3. Edenbridge
4. Mob Rules
5. Annihilator
6. James LaBrie

Ok, so don't beat me up here - Troy told me I had to get a vote in. It's basically a wish list, and probably not very current. If it makes the wife happy next year, then I win even if I don't get the VIP ticket. BTW, you guys sound like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trying to figure this thing out! Only it's all Metal inside the gates, and sweet in a different way...

Friday

1 Silent Memorial
2 Anubis Gate
3 Falconer
4 Masterplan
5 Dominici
6 Shadow Gallery

Saturday

1 Myrath
2 Gotthard
3 Mob Rules
4 Tomorrow's Eve
5 Sabaton
6 Within Temptation

Either way, this is my 5th year attending, and next year will be my 6th, etc. Here's to the memory of Raymond, who will be missed yet again. Peace, and see you all soon!

Friday
1. Sinbreed
2. Kingcrow
3. Whyzdom
4. Gotthard
5. Candlemass
6. Masterplan

Saturday
1. Haken
2. Aspera
3. Evile
4. Mob Rules
5. Shadow Gallery
6. Nightwish

Rich

As with most things in life, I really don't have a clue. So many bands from and the science (well it's science to me) of slotting bands for a festival like this.... way over my publicly-educated noggin. Without further adieu here we go....

Not sure if this evolved into a 'wish' list or a 'who do I really think well play PPXII' list! Lists go from 1 (opener) to 6 (headliner).

Friday

1 Wastefall
2 Arkan
3 Myrath
4 Madder Mortem
5 Mob Rules
6 Anathema

Saturday

1 Darkology
2 TesseracT
3 Persuader
4 Shadow Gallery
5 Symphony X
6 Rhapsody of Fire

No real justifications here. Pure guesses.

Friday
1.Amaranthe
2.TesseracT
3.Mystic Prophecy
4.Labyrinth
5.Anathema
6.Angra

Saturday
1.KingCrow
2.Vindictiv
3.Falconer
4.Mob Rules
5.Gotthard
6.Shadow Gallery

Ok, I'm totally committed to next year, but what the heck, it's fun to play the game and if I actually win, (not likely, I'm so bad at this) maybe my long accommodating husband might actually get to attend. So here we go:

Headliner to opener

Friday

Vander Plas
Morgana Lefay
Pretty Maids
The Poodles
Cain's Offering
Mekong Delta

Saturday

Symphony X
Volbeat
Mob Rules
Persephone
Kiuas
Sinbreed

Ugh, not a good mix of genres, just trying to hit possibilities, Ah, whatever. It's fun to play.

More of a wish list.

Friday:
Dragonfly
Anubis Gate
Ghost Brigade
Insomnium
Novembre
Anathema

Saturday:
Be'lakor
Falconer
Wuthering Heights
Dragonland
Sanctuary
Blind Guardian

Is Axel Rudi Pell that popular? I doubt it. From what Glenn has said, I'm assuming the headliner of the fest is gonna be big and is going to get asses in the seats.

Actually, Thats a good question. I have NO idea. I guess not that popular here on the forum. However, Axel Rudi Pell has been one of my Fav's for many years. I've heard others talk about ARP MANY times at the fest over the last 7 years that I've been attending. I guess with ANY band its a gamble for Glenn if people will want to see them or not. Just hoping more than anything with my pics as most are I guess.

I will admit, I thought the same thing when Jorn was announced as headliner. I was thrilled with it, but wasn't sure how many other would be happy.

Actually, Thats a good question. I have NO idea. I guess not that popular here on the forum. However, Axel Rudi Pell has been one of my Fav's for many years. I've heard others talk about ARP MANY times at the fest over the last 7 years that I've been attending. I guess with ANY band its a gamble for Glenn if people will want to see them or not. Just hoping more than anything with my pics as most are I guess.

I will admit, I thought the same thing when Jorn was announced as headliner. I was thrilled with it, but wasn't sure how many other would be happy.

I'd love to see ARP, though like Pink Cream 69 I doubt he'd be that much of a draw. It would make my day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.