Guess The 2015 Roster

so take this with a grain of salt, since this is my first time attending, but ...

Friday:
1. Avantasia
2. Winery Dogs
3. Threshold
4. While Heaven Wept Classic Album: Vast Oceans Lachrymose
5. Lord
6. Caligula's Horse

Do we really need Portnoy at ProgPower? So true confession - I have seen DT almost 50 times in concert. Traveled to boston and nyc for the big shows. Aligned European biz travel to see them. Seen TA a few times, LTE in Chicago. All of Portnoy's one offs here in Chicago. But since he left DT, I am really done with his attitude. PNaSea was awesome, but his ego almost made me wish I didn't go. Everything I read about ProgPower is how the bands LOVE to be there. I think that makes it not a good fit. Plus, WineryDogs seems to have a really high price for their value.

Saturday:
1. Iced Earth Classic Album: Glorious Burden
2. James LaBrie
3. Epysode Classic Album: Fantasmagoria
4. Darkwater
5. Appearance of Nothing
6. A Sound of Thunder

Now this - I would love to see James' solo stuff on stage. But seriously, Glenn, if you could get Iced Earth with Ripper to do Glorious Burden, contact me. I'd pay that entire band fee just for that myself. Dead serious :) I missed them doing it and would do just about anything to see that happen.

As for my list, I would love to see Enchant play next year. With the new album and never having seening them play - that would be awesome. I love the inclusion of Overkill - they are amazing live. Maybe Animals as Leaders (since Tosin has ties to ATL). But would love to see Periphery at ProgPower. They put on an AMAZING show.

so take this with a grain of salt, since this is my first time attending, but ...

But since he left DT, I am really done with his attitude. PNaSea was awesome, but his ego almost made me wish I didn't go.

I agree to some extent. Since Portnoy left DT, I have not enjoyed most of his output, but the Winery Dogs are an exception. I really like their debut and I seen them live in Charlotte back in May and they smoked!:hotjump:

I agree to some extent. Since Portnoy left DT, I have not enjoyed most of his output, but the Winery Dogs are an exception. I really like their debut and I seen them live in Charlotte back in May and they smoked!:hotjump:

Yeah, can't do it. I decided to not monitarly support Portnoy any more - except PNaSea.

Now, let's get back to that Glorious Burden idea you had ....

they already played Gettysburg in its entirety. What more do you want?

they already played Gettysburg in its entirety. What more do you want?
Matt to rejoin the band and Glenn to book them to headline both nights, recreating both of the sets from the "Alive in Athens" tapings.

Totally reasonable, right? :loco:

I can't pretend to know the inner working of the fest or any financial/political/backstage stuff, who is banned from performing, who won't come or basically anything at all. I just have instincts and intuition to go on. We know there will be established bands for each night's top two slots, the real variables are the openers and newcomers. I'm thinking some combination of the following has a five percent chance of being half right:

Dynazty - They have huge crossover potential with AOR, melodic metal and power metal and would appeal to just about everyone on some level

Tesseract - I know they just completed a tour of the US, but it would be truly special to put them in a prog heavy environment, especially with their original singer returning

Teramaze - By this time next year they will have another album out with a much better singer and will have lots of momentum and lots of new fans

Voyager - Their return is inevitable, just a question of when. I'm thinking 2015

TNT - Could be a potential headliner with the return of Tony Harnell to the lineup and a new album coming up early next year.

Amoral - They have the same crossover potential as Dynazty in winning over a high percentage of attendees with their diverse back catalog

Novembers Doom - They just released their best and most proggy album to date and could be the heavy end of the fest

Gothminister - Here's the oddball/wildcard band. They would be highly entertaining, they have some very cool tunes and would put on a great live show, minus zombies of course

You forgot my perpetual hard on for Sabaton, but I'll allow it.

Actually a PP D&D break would be epic as fuck.

Fuck yes. I'd be all up on that. My handle is such because that's the first D&D character I made from scratch...as such he is me in every place where I can secure it.

I never got to see that live. and it's my dream performance at this point ...
I think they only played 2/3 of the Gettysburg trilogy at ProgPower in 2008, but the 2004 tour with Ripper was pretty awesome, they closed the set with the Something Wicked trilogy, then encored with the Gettysburg trilogy + Iced Earth. Not sure how excited I'd be about hearing Stu sing that material although in fairness, I'm not sure Matt ever sounded perfect on it either and I'm an unabashed Matt fanboy.

Different Pat.

I assume yours would be:

Gloryhammer
Gloryhammer
Gloryhammer
Gloryhammer
Gloryhammer
Gloryhammer

(breaks for D&D)

Elvenking
Elvenking
Elvenking
Elvenking
Elvenking
Elvenking

See, it's a joke, but I'd love to see that.