Guess The 2015 Roster

In regards to Allen/Lande, it depends on what we're trying to get. If we want Allen/Lande in its current incarnation, all three of the main players have done PP before, so it's plausible they'd do it again. That's the one big advantage of Tolkki being the brains behind it now.

If we want Magnus Karlsson, given Last Tribe and his solo album, why not just see if Karlsson would like to do a set covering his Last Tribe/Allen/Lande/solo/Codex/O'Hora/Catley/Starbreaker material? The guy's got more material these days than a lot of potential headliners.

Anyway, I've proven to be horrible at picking lineups and I'm even less sure these days about what the PP audience wants to see. So let me just say that there are a few bands that are due for a PP appearance:

Freedom Call
Anubis Gate
Alestorm
Vanishing Point
Pathfinder

2014 - JOP's last song is "When the Crowds are Gone".

No more PP (RIP).

Hope I'm wrong.

Chris :headbang:

I thought in the video announcement Glen made after this years sold out that he doesn't care if Oliva ends with "When the Crowds are Gone" or something to that effect.

I took that to mean that the sell out was an indication that there will be another fest, but I could be wrong.....

My guess is that Edguy and / or Blind guardian may be involved somehow.

Unisonic would be a great addition, but that would depend on Gamma Ray's plans for the year. Tho you could kill two birds with one stone and have GR headline one night, and Unisonic headline / co-headline another.

I’m painfully out of touch when it comes to new prog metal, and this is more of a wish list on my part than a guess, but here goes:

Friday
Kamelot
Testament
Amaranthe
Melechesh
Vanishing Point
Dynazty

Saturday
Saxon
Royal Hunt
Voyager
Damnation Angels
Anacrusis
Eclipse

There is only one prog/power metal band on this planet that I have not seen that I HAVE TO SEE and that is a Lost Horizon reunion w/ Heiman on vox.

Predictions Only:

Friday

Unisonic
Riot V
Grave Digger
Dynazty
Anubis Gate

Saturday

Threshold
Serious Black
Halcyon Way
Eclipse
Amoral

it's always fun to play

FRIDAY
6) Nightwish
5) Threshold
4) Caligula's Horse
3) Haken
2) Twilight of the Gods
1) The Armory

SATURDAY
6) Edguy
5) Voyager
4) Orphaned Land
3) King Crow
2) The Ocean
1) Saffire

I'd like to add more trad, heavier stuff but just less familiar with it. HM to LORD.

u17w83i.gif

My jimmies remain unrustled.

I'm calling Blind Guardian to be the Saturday headliner next year. They'll be on a touring cycle, and since the "play a whole legendary album" deal sold out the show this year, I imagine Nightfall played straight through would repeat that feat twice over. The other headliners I'm less certain about. Kamelot, Hammerfall and Nightwish will all be on touring cycles by this time next year (Nightwish being the one I'd like to see the most), and even though Dragonforce tours the US fairly consistently, it'd be interesting to see them play a special set for ProgPower, because they do put on a fun live show. And it saddens me to say it, as much as I want Grave Digger, it's out of the question at this point, there's too many obstacles to their candidacy to be a realistic headliner, ever. :(

As for the rest, I'm hoping that Lord and Persuader impressed Glenn enough with their new albums to finally earn their first US show next year. Evertale made enough noise on this board to potentially get a big break with an opening slot the same way Damnation Angels did, and speaking of DA, it would also be cool to see Pellek come with his solo act, his second album was terrific and he could earn a low spot on the roster that way. At Vance and Dragonland are two big name bands who haven't ever made an appearance, either, although it's possible Dragonland will still be working on their rumored new album. For oddballs, Insomnium is one I would hope for, they'd fit well with this crowd, but they aren't exactly strangers to the US either.

Other than that pile of baseless speculation, I expect to be pleasantly surprised, as usual. :headbang:

Friday

6. Royal Hunt (Paradox set)
5. Novembers Doom
4. Hibria
3. Haken
2. Dynazty
1. Unexpect

Saturday

6. Primal Fear
5. Secret Sphere
4. Anubis Gate
3. Sun Caged
2. Textures
1. Enbound

I'm calling Blind Guardian to be the Saturday headliner next year. They'll be on a touring cycle, and since the "play a whole legendary album" deal sold out the show this year, I imagine Nightfall played straight through would repeat that feat twice over.
I think convincing them to do something special would be a bit more difficult than the bands who have done that kind of set. I don't want to discount Glenn here - 1) he always manages to produce magic and 2) ProgPower served as the cornerstone of their first US tour, so he's not just some random promoter asking for something special. However, they don't have quite the same level of history as the other bands who have done full albums or special song choices. I would obviously be ecstatic if he pulled it off, but if BG does headline (which I think there's a good chance of), I'd be expecting something more along the lines of a standard set.

Obviously, I'd LOVE to eat my words on this, I just think it's worth keeping expectations reasonable. European open air fests have probably been willing to throw bags of money at BG to get NiME in its entirety, but it has never happened.

The other headliners I'm less certain about. Kamelot, Hammerfall and Nightwish will all be on touring cycles by this time next year (Nightwish being the one I'd like to see the most),
Entirely possible we'll also get one of these tours as a Thursday night show, as we did with Nightwish in 2012 or Helloween/Gamma Ray in 2008.

speaking of DA, it would also be cool to see Pellek come with his solo act, his second album was terrific and he could earn a low spot on the roster that way.
Pelle K has a great voice and I like both DA and his solo band, but he needs to work on his stage presence and live performances. He looked lost on stage at times during their set and I'd love to see him again down the road, but I think he could really use some time playing small stages and learning how to effectively work a crowd.

Okay, so here are my guesses. I was gonna have Sabaton down for Thursday night, but unfortunately they probably played too recently. Two Urban breed-fronted bands is probably too much, but I figured I could throw it out there anyway. :) I'm not very good with judging the relative merits vis-a-vis slots, either, but here ya are anyway.

Thursday
In Flames
Katatonia
Trail of Murder

Friday
Therion
Hammerfall
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Eclipse
Serious Black
St. Deamon

Saturday