I'd like my apology now, please.

Emerald Sword said:
Sorry, Zod, but woosta's got an A list here.
That's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it. I'll respectfully disagree.

Emerald Sword said:
I noticed you took huge offense at Nevermore being bashed...
Not true at all. I've never once been offended because someone didn't share my interest in music. Now, someone may say something about a band I like, and I'll respond because I think what they said goes beyond opinion.

Emerald Sword said:
...but you don't hesitate to take shots at other people's bands. A tad hypocritical to me.
I don't think I "take shots". If someone brings up a band, I state my opinion on that band. If we didn't state our opinions, these boards wouldn't have threads.

Emerald Sword said:
I'm not trying to argue. I'm just stating an observation.
That's cool.

By the way, I know woosta from another board. So part of my response to PowerMetalBoy was just me busting his balls.

Zod

Zod's upset about "the Tyran Pace" incident as it's come to be known. :)

And for the record, Prog-lad Zod, Tiamat is not power metal and neither are the glorious, awesome, and woosta-pimped Pretty Maids. ;)

Threshold
Dragonforce
Axel Rudi Pell
Iron Savior
Masterplan

Day 2
Vanden Plas
Crimson Glory
Tiamat
Pretty Maids
Running Wild (backup is Helloween)

Vanden Plas, Dragonforce, and Threshold are the only truly interesting bands I see on that list. There's a whole lot in that list I haven't even heard of. Not what I'd call an A list, by far.

ragingsaxmachine said:
Very power metal of you. I'll take Freedom Call though. :)

I was thinking that too. And oddly, I am probably a bigger fan of prog. Here's the problem (and I'm sure Glen faced the same issue). There are a -lot- more power metal groups out there. Most of the top prog groups have played at ProgPower already, and Sympohny X and PoS have played multiple times. Some of the other major prog groups, are either too expensive, or think they are too good for ProgPower (i.e. Fates Warning). Some other really good prog groups don't have more than 1 album out (though Glenn doesn't seem to have a rule on this... since we have Savage Circus here, who only has 1). Further, a lot of the prog groups that we might like, just have not sold that many discs yet. But I included Venturia and Andrew Bordoni, because I saw them both fitting for opening up the festival.\

And one last thing. Prog-metal... is so blurred with prog-rock, that whenever it tilts too far to the 'prog-rock', it no longer seems to fit in this festival for Glenn. For reasons he's stated, he doesn't want people to call this a prog-rock festival.

woosta said:
I was told the lineup was shit, the bands were shit, it was terrible, etc etc.

I guess I'm not QUITE as much of a fucking idiot as I was made out to be at the time.
Yes you are.:p :p

Emerald Sword said:
Seriously, I'm not arguing here. Just making an observation. This also includes posts in other threads. Some people are more vocal than others and that's cool. IMO, I just think it's very uncool to bash fave bands of others. If you are going to have less than nice things to say about someone else's bands, then don't be upset when yours gets slammed. That's all I'm saying.

I'm just trying to figure out what Zod said that was "taking a shot" or "bashing," 'cuz the gods know I've said far worse than "they couldn't interest me less" and still not considered it bashing.

Hey, this is metal... there's a lot of comic material here (especially with power metal :b). Anyone who's going to get his panties in a wad about something someone else says about their "favorite band" needs to stay off the 'net.

lady_space said:
Hey, this is metal... there's a lot of comic material here (especially with power metal :b). Anyone who's going to get his panties in a wad about something someone else says about their "favorite band" needs to stay off the 'net.
Quoted for truth.

Zod

General Zod said:
Exactly.

I actually just bought my first Tiamat disc, "Wildhoney". Good stuff.

Zod

Ah, but they are totally different now, my friend. Check out "Skeleton Skeletron" someday and give it a few spins. It's not your traditional metal in any sense, but the atmoshpere drips metal (at least to my ears).

lady_space said:
I'm just trying to figure out what Zod said that was "taking a shot" or "bashing," 'cuz the gods know I've said far worse than "they couldn't interest me less" and still not considered it bashing.

Nah, I was just posting to say "I told you so" to some factions around here in a backhanded sort of way. It's not that it's necessarily even important to me but for shits and giggles I went back to see what I had posted. There were some points that related the current state of metal and ProgPower to my old post and I wanted to see how the "you're an idiot woosta" and "I wouldn't pay to see any of those shit bands" type of people reacted when time added some cred to my point.

It just seems that there are a couple folks around here that want to tell you that you don't know shit but they haven't even heard of 90% of what's discussed around here. It's not that it's said, it's the WAY it's said by some of those people that irk me. :cool:

lady_space said:

Somehow, I didn't think I sounded upset. Hmm, I guess it's my bad.

lady_space said:

Besides, if anyone wants to abuse me in any way, then that's cool. Here's all the ammunition you need. My ten fave bands of all time.

Iron Maiden (Always will be no. 1)
Judas Priest (Always will be no. 2)
Manowar
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Primal Fear
Evergrey
Jag Panzer
Therion
Rhapsody

Let the arrows fly! I'm not now, nor will I ever be ashamed of my list. Oh well, rock on, everybody!

Emerald Sword said:
Somehow, I didn't think I sounded upset. Hmm, I guess it's my bad.

My "panties in a wad" comment was directed to the people you *talked about* in your post, whether you include yourself in that number or not.

However, I'm STILL not figuring out the "taking a shot" part, and, dammit, I wanna know NOW!!! :Shedevil:

Emerald Sword said:

I'd make fun of you, but since I'm walking down the aisle to Black Wind, Fire and Steel,* that'd be a tad hypocritical. ;)

Shaye

*not really... though it was brought up in discussions, it was always purely a jest. I think.

Emerald Sword said:
Besides, if anyone wants to abuse me in any way, then that's cool. Here's all the ammunition you need. My ten fave bands of all time.

Iron Maiden (Always will be no. 1)
Judas Priest (Always will be no. 2)
Manowar
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Primal Fear
Evergrey
Jag Panzer
Therion
Rhapsody

Let the arrows fly! I'm not now, nor will I ever be ashamed of my list. Oh well, rock on, everybody!

Power metal is FUN! I love it all with no shame. I also love to get "deep" with more progressive/melodic/symphone/dark etc., etc. metal, but for pure ass-kicking, jump around, forget-your-worries music, I'll listen to Rhapsody and that ilk any day.

I'd make fun of you, but since I'm walking down the aisle to Black Wind, Fire and Steel,* that'd be a tad hypocritical.
That's awesome! :headbang:

AMBR said:
Power metal is FUN! I love it all with no shame. I also love to get "deep" with more progressive/melodic/symphone/dark etc., etc. metal, but for pure ass-kicking, jump around, forget-your-worries music, I'll listen to Rhapsody and that ilk any day.

It *can* be fun... and it can be funny, too! Trust me, I like my cheese like anyone else (be it power metal or whatever other variety) and will loudly defend the merits of Kiss any day of the week. :lol:

Shaye

Power metal as stated above is fun, it makes you smile, it lets you journey into a different plane of music. Iron Saviour, Dragonforce, Magic Kingdom, Galloglass all make me smile, and i loose myself into the music. Where as Progressive, yes i loose myself but on a different level, it's all good and Glenn does a great job of bringing together equal amounts of both, and then the ocassional Odd-ball type band.