Who hasn't played ProgPower yet?

Bear said:
Lost Horizon is no more, they are HEED now.

Bear

This is not true. The singer of Lost Horizon left and joined a band called HEED. Lost Horizon is still Lost horizon minus a singer.

FatesFan said:
This is not true. The singer of Lost Horizon left and joined a band called HEED. Lost Horizon is still Lost horizon minus a singer.

I was about to say that. Not only that, but I think they also lost another band member when Daniel left the band, but I'm not sure.

hunter said:
I'd like to see Nocturnal Rites and Lullacry perform. That would be something.

I've seen Lullacry perform. I personally prefer bands with singers who can actually carry a tune. I don't know their stuff, but when they opened for Nightwish at HoB in Chicago, she couldn't sing worth a damn. I hope never to have to experience them live again.

AngraRULES said:
I was about to say that. Not only that, but I think they also lost another band member when Daniel left the band, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure that their other guitarist left a little before Daniel and then soon joined Daniel forming Heed. So you are right.

Bands that havent played that Id love to see.....

Firewind
Twilightning
Machine Men
Rob Rock
Voice
Silent Voices
Dionysus
Cloudscape
Narnia
Galloglass
Section A
Manigance
Annihilator
Barilari
Mystic Prophecy
Eidolon
Dream Evil (This band is having major member issues though, now Snowy Shaw has left)

Some newer bands Id love to see

Wingdom
Tribuzy
Icarus Witch
Dreamland

Demians
Soundscape
Spectre
Shaaman
Shadow Gallery
Psychotic Waltz
The Galactic Cowboys
Atomic Opera
The Tea Party
Enchant
Fates Warning/John Arch/OSI
I Mother Earth
Eternity X
Lemur Voice
Without Warning
Visionary
Altura
The Quiet Room
Metropolis
Seventh Sign

Kyle

TNT
Iced Earth
Running Wild
Helloween
Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody
Lost Horizon
Metalium
Firewind
Masterplan
Freedom Call
Iron Savior
Stream of Passion
Grave Digger
Dionysus
Royal Hunt
Dragonforce
Machine Men
Black Majesty

metamorphosis said:
Beautiful. This thread is all the proof you need as to why Evergrey playing again is a enormous waste.

LOL.

I don't mind constructive criticism or negative feedback. It's the only way I can improve things. However, once you cross the threshold to repetative whining, I lose interest.

Glenn H.

Lost Horizon events:
1st - Wojtek(the primary song writer and lead guitarist) left the band
2nd - Wojtek came back
3rd - Daniel and the other guitarist left the band

This leaves Lost Horizon without a singer; however, since they still have Wojtek they should have a similar sound assuming they can find anyone to fill Daniel's shoes (which may not be possible). Check out the new song sample on their website.

So if anyone knows a great vocalist out of work, send them to :
http://www.oncelosthorizon.com/aflametothegroundbeneath/

And go to New singer search.

I wonder what Damien that was briefly in Savatage is up to....

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Why wouldnt helloween or hammerfall play? I understand that Rhapsody and Iron Maiden cost too much, but Hammerfall they arent that big, are they?

why does Rhapsody cost so much? why would you put them in the same sentence as Iron Maiden? why?

What about wintersun, or Ensiferum? I know they are mostly harsh vocals but they have some clean vocals in there too? and in my silly opinion they are way better than half the generic power bands most people love so much here.

corvinus said:
why does Rhapsody cost so much? why would you put them in the same sentence as Iron Maiden? why?

What about wintersun, or Ensiferum? I know they are mostly harsh vocals but they have some clean vocals in there too? and in my silly opinion they are way better than half the generic power bands most people love so much here.

I wasnt saying that they are on the same levelof cost, but they both do cost a lot.

I wonder if Rhapsody would ever be a possibility now that they are under the Manowar umbrella so to speak. They were reportedly going on tour with Manowar and Holyhell again until Karl Logan got hurt in a motorcycle crash recently. Don't get me wrong....I like Rhapsody and Manowar. BUT.....I don't want to see them together all the time. I think Joey Demio can help them but I am also concerned that he may hurt them by co-branding with them.

metamorphosis said:
Beautiful. This thread is all the proof you need as to why Evergrey playing again is a enormous waste.

Out of all the bands I have seen at my four ProgPowers, Evergrey just takes it to a whole other level live. I don't know anyone who plays with that much power without sacrificing an ounce of clarity. Having Evergrey play three years (and two studio albums, plus a live album) after their last appearance is more than fine with me.

Also, the choir / orchestra thing makes it an event. How many times are you ever going to get to see something like that live in person, especially in the United States?

LizardTracks said:
Dead Soul Tribe
Planet X
Event (reunion gig)
Digital Ruin
Magnitude 9
7for4
Andromeda
The Tangent
Karmakanic

to name a few of my favs (that should indeed be invited to play PP) .....

Lizzard

I like the way you think!

I would dig Anubis Gate as an opener or in the Pre-Party. Mag9 isn't going to happen (DAMMIT) and Digital Ruin is also dead (LISTEN is one hella cool album I don't care what the guy from Inside-Out says!!!)

I would suggest Chromeshift and Suncaged as well, as long as we are talking fantasy lineups.