Who hasn't played ProgPower yet?

adaher

Apr 18, 2004
Coral Springs, FL
I'm talking about bands that actually have a large enough following to justify a place on the bill. Naturally Glenn throws us curveballs with bands most of us don't know(like Circus Maximus), but if we start throwing those names around we'll have a list 1000 names long.

I'm looking for bands at least of the caliber of say, Mob Rules, Chinchilla, Poverty's No Crime, Last Tribe, etc.

Along with those four, here are some others I'm thinking of:

Elegy
Vanishing Point
Fates Warning
Iced Earth
Sonata Arctica
Helloween
Freedom Call
Dragonforce
PowerQuest
DGM
Andromeda
Shadow Gallery
Firewind
Vision Divine
Labyrinth
Sinergy
Royal Hunt
Manowar
Artension
Masterplan
Iron Savior

All of those are on fairly well known metal labels like Century Media, Nuclear Blast, Noise, Inside Out, AFM, etc.

Virgin Steele
Shaman
Nocturnal Rites
Lost Horizon
Heavenly
Concerto Moon
Primal Fear

Beauty and the Beast bands:
Epica
After Forever
Within temptation
Penumbra

Oddballs:
Arcturus
Hollenthon

Shoot there are others that I can't think of right now... I'll post them when I do.

Of course this doesn't include bands that will never play PP like Ayreon, Helloween, Hammerfall, Rhapsody or Iron Maiden... etc...

Why wouldnt helloween or hammerfall play? I understand that Rhapsody and Iron Maiden cost too much, but Hammerfall they arent that big, are they?

adaher said:
I'm talking about bands that actually have a large enough following to justify a place on the bill. Naturally Glenn throws us curveballs with bands most of us don't know(like Circus Maximus), but if we start throwing those names around we'll have a list 1000 names long.

I'm looking for bands at least of the caliber of say, Mob Rules, Chinchilla, Poverty's No Crime, Last Tribe, etc.

Along with those four, here are some others I'm thinking of:

Elegy
Vanishing Point
Fates Warning
Iced Earth
Sonata Arctica
Helloween
Freedom Call
Dragonforce
PowerQuest
DGM
Andromeda
Shadow Gallery
Firewind
Vision Divine
Labyrinth
Sinergy
Royal Hunt
Manowar
Artension
Masterplan
Iron Savior

All of those are on fairly well known metal labels like Century Media, Nuclear Blast, Noise, Inside Out, AFM, etc.

Cant forget Running Wild and Grave Digger.

Tomorrow's Eve
Stgma IV
Voyager
Scenes
Ivanhoe
Eldritch
Black Majesty
Human Fortress
Skylark
Shadows of Steel
Wonderland
Wolverine
Time Machine
Thy Majesty
Lanfear
Morifade
Insania
Arwen
Minds Eye
Tunnelvision

hunter said:
I'd like to see Nocturnal Rites and Lullacry perform. That would be something.
I saw Lullacry when they toured last year with NIGHTWISH, amazing band very tight. Others that haven't been mentioned

Machine Men
Twlightning
Sinergy
Tarot
Supreme Majesty
Olympus Mons
Magic Kingdom
DGM
Order of Nine
Scanner
Eyefear
Amorphis
Communic
Lordi
Archetype
Any band from Intromental or from the King Foo entertainment camp.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Why wouldnt helloween or hammerfall play? I understand that Rhapsody and Iron Maiden cost too much, but Hammerfall they arent that big, are they?

I guess not, but they've toured through here on their own, so I figured they were less likely.

Robin

I have a feeling Manowar will never play ProgPower. I don't see them on the festival, plus their management sucks big time.

Glenn could make a fucking great lineup out of these posted on this thread!

In no particular order (and all progressive, so they can stretch out over many years >_>):

Arcturus
Winds
Age Of Silence
Spastic Ink
Subterranean Masquerade
Solefald
Atrox (with Monika)
Frantic Bleep
...In The Woods
Fantomas
Mr. Bungle [here's the all-star reunion :D]
Vintersorg
Scholomance [all-star reunion No. 2 :D]
Ulver
Farmakon
I think Ephel Duath might be too screamy or something.