Who hasn't played ProgPower yet?

Harvester said:
LOL.

I don't mind constructive criticism or negative feedback. It's the only way I can improve things. However, once you cross the threshold to repetative whining, I lose interest.

Glenn H.

Nice.

If my quote is what you consider "whining" then you have a very low tolerance for any criticism at all. There is nothing whiny whatsoever about my post. I simply said that this thread shows how there are dozens of worthy bands for this fest and so getting the same band over and over again is a disappointment. Sorry you take it so personally. :Smug:

metamorphosis said:
I simply said that this thread shows how there are dozens of worthy bands for this fest and so getting the same band over and over again is a disappointment.

Do you realize that if you had said it in this manner to begin with no one would've had a problem with it? That sentence right there is constructive criticism posted in a completely reasonable and non-venomous way. And you know what? I definitely enjoy Evergrey, but I agree with you here.

What I *DO* like about Evergrey being chosen this year is the extremely special nature of the performance. I mean, you're not going to see Evergrey in this manner anywhere else in the U.S. This point coupled with the fact that Glenn has made absolutely no secret of the fact that Evergrey is his favorite band and has an open invitation to play the festival every third year or so is reason enough not to be so over the top and repetitive about your aversion to them being on the bill. It's the repetitiveness of the complaints that has people calling you for being "whiny", not the simple fact that you're disappointed in this particular band selection. The same exact thing with Ascension and his endless criticism of Nevermore being the other headliner.

Dark One said:
It's the repetitiveness of the complaints that has people calling you for being "whiny", not the simple fact that you're disappointed in this particular band selection. The same exact thing with Ascension and his endless criticism of Nevermore being the other headliner.

Exactly! Thank you. :)

Now, as to the rest of the thread... those are some very interesting lists, but I still think some of you are smoking crack. :loco: I.e., as I've said before, I adore The Tea Party, but I so can't see them playing ProgPower. They are not even remotely metal. I do know there are plenty of people among the PP crowd who love them, but I still can't see them going over. It'd be like Marillion playing... would I and some others shit our pants? Of course. Would everyone else be standing around, looking at each other like WTF? Yes.

Plus, I think TTP are pretty big in Canada... don't think they'd be quite the right caliber for PP either.

Shaye

lady_space said:
Exactly! Thank you. :)

Now, as to the rest of the thread... those are some very interesting lists, but I still think some of you are smoking crack. :loco: I.e., as I've said before, I adore The Tea Party, but I so can't see them playing ProgPower. They are not even remotely metal. I do know there are plenty of people among the PP crowd who love them, but I still can't see them going over. It'd be like Marillion playing... would I and some others shit our pants? Of course. Would everyone else be standing around, looking at each other like WTF? Yes.

Plus, I think TTP are pretty big in Canada... don't think they'd be quite the right caliber for PP either.

Shaye

Tangent here, Shaye: Tea Party is officially broken up now. Jeff Martin has a solo album coming this spring. Check www.teaparty-online.com for details please. K Thx. I agree with the rest of your statements

Dionysus
Dragonforce
Dreamtale
Firewind
Freedom Call
Heavenly
Heed
Insania
Iron Savior
Lanfear
Lost Horizon
Machine Men
Magnitude 9
Masterplan
Axel Rudi Pell
Pretty Maids
Rob Rock
Running Wild
Shaaman
Twilightning
Vanishing Point
Virgin Steele

Did anybody say Sieges Even? I gave up reading the post a little early.
I seem to remember Glenn saying that he had invited Sieges to play and they responded positively by email...then nothing ever came from it. Is this correct or was it just a fantasy of mine?

TwizstedJesus said:
Did anybody say Sieges Even? I gave up reading the post a little early.
I seem to remember Glenn saying that he had invited Sieges to play and they responded positively by email...then nothing ever came from it. Is this correct or was it just a fantasy of mine?

No official invitation was extended. However, I was defintely interested in the band and told the "management" such. I did not hear back after that until it was *way* too late.

Glenn H.

Any chance of a future invite,Glenn? Sieges Even came out of nowhere with this new disc and just blew their entire catalogue out of the water! I believe that the more they hear it,the more people will flock to this band. Can you say a much more progressive Rush?
Ok,my friend calls it Progressive Air Supply...yeah,its mellow at times,but damn! The songwriting is topnotch!