Kemper Profiling Amp

How are you guys liking the Kemper as today with the current firmware and rig manager? Those Lasse's profiles alone are sick selling point, but still really torn between axe II (latest firmwares really seem to push it forward) and Kemper at the moment.

The Kemper's great, but there's definitely some functionality missing before it truly catches up to the AxeFX - mostly, the lack of any real software editing/integration. I should be able to communicate with my KPA right from my DAW.

That said, it's still awesome.

How are you guys liking the Kemper as today with the current firmware and rig manager? Those Lasse's profiles alone are sick selling point, but still really torn between axe II (latest firmwares really seem to push it forward) and Kemper at the moment.

Myself and my friends had AFX2s and sold them for KPAs and couldn't be happier. Out of the box tone and ease of use are the big draws for us.

Finally bought it. What a great piece of equipment and innovation. Any recommendations for clean, ethereal rigs? Commercial or free..

There's a pack of Amp Factory profiles included with the factory rigs - they all start with "TAF" - and there are a few really nice clean + delay patches in there. Try taking one of those and blending in a bit of ducked octave-up for that "shimmer" sound that's really popular right now.

Here's a playthrough video I made for anyone that's interested, solo/melodies and rhythm guitars are kemper, clean intro recorded with podxt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just bought the Kemper Amp and would be great to have some good profiles. Do you guys know any source of good guitar and bass profiles? Have searched lot of web pages but 95% of profiles are not that good quality. AILD, BFMV, KSE or similar sounds. BTW I'm so happy with new toy :)
Eh, :guh: are you kidding

Enybody got any idea how to reamp using analog in/out audio interface? I have Presonus 22VSL.
DI guitar source is DAW track. I have connected one interface audio output to return KPA input and direct output to instrument input in my PreSonus. I can hear only awful feedback sound. I have tried all inputs and always same results :( Noisy sound :(
Do I need to connect tube screamer using ie. LasseLammert MegaThrash2 profile for reamping?

Does anybody think there's a danger or downside to buying a Kemper used? I've seen a couple on eBay for around $1600 or $1700 from apparently reputable (99%+ positive feedback) sellers, but I wonder if not having the original warranty/papers would be kind of sketchy or risky if it ever broke down for some reason, or if there are any technical issues with early production runs. What with student loans and all, my disposable income means I'd have to wait a while longer if I were going to pay full price, so I'm jonesing to pick one up now :lol:

If it's out of warranty, having the original papers won't help you anyway. I think the only common problem is that some units (no idea if it's a specific run) start to lose LEDs on the front knobs. Everything works, you just don't have all the lights there.

Enybody got any idea how to reamp using analog in/out audio interface? I have Presonus 22VSL.
DI guitar source is DAW track. I have connected one interface audio output to return KPA input and direct output to instrument input in my PreSonus. I can hear only awful feedback sound. I have tried all inputs and always same results :( Noisy sound :(
Do I need to connect tube screamer using ie. LasseLammert MegaThrash2 profile for reamping?

You shouldn't be coming out of the direct output, that's for sending your clean guitar signal to an amp. Use one of the main xlr/trs outputs.
As for the feedback, I'd bet you're sending your DI out of the main L&R, and then the track you're recording the kemper tracks onto is also going to main L&R, so it's going back to the kemper and creating a loop. Pan your DI guitar to L and connect the L output to the kemper. Take the XLR output of the kemper and connect it to your presonus, and make sure the track you're recording onto is panned to R.

Does anybody think there's a danger or downside to buying a Kemper used? I've seen a couple on eBay for around $1600 or $1700 from apparently reputable (99%+ positive feedback) sellers, but I wonder if not having the original warranty/papers would be kind of sketchy or risky if it ever broke down for some reason, or if there are any technical issues with early production runs. What with student loans and all, my disposable income means I'd have to wait a while longer if I were going to pay full price, so I'm jonesing to pick one up now :lol:

You'd have no warranty, but generally I've not heard much in the way of failures for the kemper. I bought mine used earlier this year and have had no problems yet.

It is always risky buying used gear on ebay but you can save $$$$$ :)
If your Kemper will be faulty, ebay will do full refund for "not as described" item within a couple of weeks.
Go for it - Kemper is an awesome toy :)

Just wanted to bump this to say thanks for the advice. Used white toaster arrived today for $1500 from a dude on Amazon, sounds like total sex. I feel like a kid in a candy store. :D

I never realized just how many resources amp sims in general were consuming, until I started tracking with the kemper... My DAW's interface, editing and the undo history responds so much more quickly when I don't have 6+ tracks each running their own array of amp sims.

This thing is awesome, but now it seems I've a learning curve ahead of me again when it comes to mixing guitars. I'm not quite getting the tones that I want for the sound I'm hearing in my head - and up to this point I would just butcher and sew back together the guitars until they were close to what I wanted. I find that I've got to refrain from doing so much to em now.