Last few purchase (and/or downloads)

Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
Would like to see what people have been listening to lately basically. Maybe try some of it out. I haven't purchased an album in quite awhile so I'm sniffing out some new stuff. The new Ayreon is on its way but I ordered that awhile back so...

Let's hear em. I listen to all variations of metal so don't shut out any awesome new black metal or death metal (or whatever) releases! (or even oldies I suppose)

edit: that should have been 'purchases' in the title...woops.

Loving loving loving: Most recent ROB ROCKand HELLOWEEN (both are 9.5/10s). Man, I can't get enough of these, especially the HELLOWEEN! "As Long As I Fall" is one of the best damn songs I've heard in a while!

Loving:
Got a couple of CHILDREN OF BODOM albums (8/10) and I'm surprisingly happy with them, more than I thought I'd be. Looking forward to them on Gigantour.
AVANTASIA EP's. Both are cool, but short (obviously) so they don't quite make it to the higher level.

Liking:
IRON SAVIOUR's Megatropolis. (7.5/10) This one took a few spins to grow on me, but now I quite like it. It's no "Condition Red", but it's solid.
Newest ELVENKING. (7.5/10) The Divided Heart and Poison (something) are fricking awesome songs, but the rest of the album is quite middle of the road I think. I liked the last album better.

Meh-ing: Newest GAMMA RAY. (5/10) That's a weak album to me. It sounds like a power metal band's first attempt or something.

Astral Doors
Elvenking
Jon Oliva's Pain
Pathosray
Andromeda
Circle II Circle
Riverside
Wuthering Heights

Quo Vadis - Day Into night

Win dude, that album is amazing. :kickass:

My last few buys were:

Gorguts - Considered Dead/The Erosion Of Sanity
Gorguts - Obscura
Gorguts - From Wisdom To Hate
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath
Humanoid - Remembering Universe

Ayreon - 01011001
The Gathering - A Sound Relief & A Noise Severe DVDs
Virgin Black - Requiem Mezzo Forte
The End was having bundle sales on some items which prompted the Gathering & Virgin Black purchases.
I've not really been purchasing much because I'm trying to save money and most items I can get the best prices if I just wait till PP.

SODOM - "M-16" and "Sodom"
DESTRUCTION - "Inventor of Evil" and "Metal Discharge"
KREATOR - "Live Kreation"
BRAINSTORM - "Soul Temptation"
IRON MAIDEN - "Live After Death", "Smoewhere in Time", and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"

I've been listening to a lot of German thrash lately. I love the German "big three"! MAIDEN I've been jamming to a lot because of the show in N.J. on March 14th. Can't go wrong with IM!

avantasia-scarecrow
sebastian bach-angel down
israel unleashed0best metal from the holy land
death angel-killing season
sworn enemy-maniacial
satans host-great american scapegoat
grimbane-let the empires fall
winds of plague-decimate the weak

I picked up the new Lizzy Borden - it freeking smokes from start to finish.......also got the latest Avantasia which is not as good as the first two but is slowly growing on me.

On the non-metal side, I finally got the Kill Bill Volume 1 soundtrack (great stuff!) and The Essential E.L.O. (love this band!!!)

AYREON-01011001 special edition CD w/DVD (best album of 08 so far)
THRESHOLD-DEAD RECKONING
PAGANS MIND-GODS EQAUTION (album of 07)
BEAUTIFUL SIN-THE UNEXPECTANT
AVANTASIA-THE SCARECROW special editon CD w/DVD

Shaman - Reason - Very good
Pathosray - S/T - LOVE it!
Anubis Gate - Andromeda Unchained - LOVE it!
Moonlight Comedy - Dorothy - pretty good stuff, here is their myspace page: http://http://www.myspace.com/moonlightcomedy
Poverty's No Crime - Save My Soul - Very good
Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - good
Edguy - Hellfire Club - LOVE it!

Haven't had a chance to listen to yet:
Avantasia - Lost In Space Part 1 & 2
Shaman - Immortal
Serenity - Words Untold & Dreams Unlived
Tarot - Suffer Our Pleasures