Name an album or new group that..

Wow...with no offense to anyone personally, I think this whole thread just plain sucks...

As much of a metalhead as I am, and as much as I'm enjoying the shit out of lot of new releases, I'm really not hearing anything that I feel I will be totally revering many years from now.

On a related note, let me relay some of my personal faves that I think signify crowning achievements that will never be outdone by certain bands (in no particular order). In a sense, I guess this is my version of "modern classics":

Masterplan -- S/T
Flotsam & Jetsam -- Drift
Evergrey -- (ooh, that's hard) either In Search Of Truth or The Inner Circle
Angel Dust -- Enlighten The Darkness
Threshold -- Hypothetical
Pain Of Salvation -- Remedy Lane
Spock's Beard -- Snow
Shadow Gallery -- Tyranny (already 8 years old?)
Great White - Psycho City

I don't know...I'm running out of faves, and I'm too lazy to scour my collection.

It pains me to think that while I enjoy cranking the CIIC and the JOP...they will always live under the shadow of Savatage...and that kinda sucks (in a way).

While I'm free-associating here, let me put out a band that I think still has it's best album yet-to-come: Mercenary.

Other candidates for best album yet-to-come: Angra (current lineup), still absorbing new album...; also, Deep Purple, Stride

In the "I hope so" category: Evergrey, Kamelot, Masterplan (new lineup), Pain Of Salvation

In the "probably not but I can dream, can't I?" category: Helloween and Gamma Ray (current lineups)

Bands that I totally love (present tense), but still feel they have "jumped the shark": FW, Threshold, Zero Hour (current lineup)

Food for thought, anyone?

Rock on!

livingwithwolves said:
Jorn FUCKING Lande :headbang:

Which album? He's not really a new artist as his solo material has been around for 6 years. I love his voice and enjoy his solo albums, the best being Worldchanger, but even that one still isn't well, world-changing to me.

Braxil said:
Which album? He's not really a new artist as his solo material has been around for 6 years. I love his voice and enjoy his solo albums, the best being Worldchanger, but even that one still isn't well, world-changing to me.

OK, so he;s not a "new" artist but trust me his music will be remembered. :headbang: