Looking for some good Neo-Prog

LarryD

Feb 11, 2002
Rhode Island / USA
www.pmrising.com
Seems as though the Neo-Prog has become stagnant for some time (for me anyway) .... and after listening to Sylvan's "Posthumous Silence" for the umpteenth thousand time, I figured I'd throw this question out to the masses of Neo-Prog....

Are there any bands out there like Sylvan, Arena, IQ, and of that sort ? I have all of the heavy hitters, and the latest Neo I've really enjoyed is AIRBAG......

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance ..........

I have a lot of crud neo because some of it is awesome and I keep looking for good stuff. Some of my faves are Magenta Seven and Metamorphosis (Home and Revolutions are great too but the new one is lacking). Pallas Dreams of men. Pendragon Pure. Salem Hill - Mimis magic Moment. Galahad- Empires never last.

Hi Larry,
In addition to IQ, Marilliion, & Arena;
I would recommend the following:
~ Shadowland - all 3 releases
~ Martigan - "Vision" (brilliant!)
~ Collage - "Moonshine" (a neo essential!)
~ Red Sand - "Mirror Of Insanity" & "Gentry"
~ Vienna Circle - "White Clouds"
~ Credo - "Against Reason"
~ Pallas - "The Dreams Of Men"
~ Pendragon - "Not Of This World"
~ No Name - all of their releases
~ Like Wendy - "Tales From Moonlite Bay"
~ Ines - "Hunting The Fox"
& of course my favorite - Clepsydra - all 4 releases.
to name a few. Enjoy!:kickass:

Anubis - "A Tower Of Silence"
Oneira - "Natural Prestige"
Yuka & Chronoship - "Water Reincarnation"

Seems as though the Neo-Prog has become stagnant for some time (for me anyway) .... and after listening to Sylvan's "Posthumous Silence" for the umpteenth thousand time, I figured I'd throw this question out to the masses of Neo-Prog....

Are there any bands out there like Sylvan, Arena, IQ, and of that sort ? I have all of the heavy hitters, and the latest Neo I've really enjoyed is AIRBAG......

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance ..........

Try:

KONCHORDAT-----""THE NEW CRUSADE"":kickass:

***Mitch -- I had the 1st Blind Ego disc, I gave it away. Not the lush sound I was looking for.... and I tried Frost as well, still didn't hit home.

I'm really getting picky in my old age as you know .......:dopey:

Frosts 1rst cd is a classic (IMO):wave: