Metal Festivus! Atlanta - June 14th feat. Mindflow & Meyvn!

ok... nevermind...

I regret to announce that Meyvn has decided to cancel their appearance at Metal Festivus, as well as any other remaining shows they had scheduled.

I have decided that this close to the date of the show I will not be replacing Meyvn on the bill. Instead I will push the start time of the show back to 7:30 to allow more folks to arrive in time to see EBS, and then extend each supporting band's setlist to allow for one extra song. And from what I understand, each supporting band has something new to share with the local fans. So don't miss it. :heh:

Mindflow should be taking the stage at approximately 10:30PM as the headliner. I will extend to them the opportunity to play as long as they wish up to 90 minutes. Originally they would have been allowed 60-75 minutes at their discretion.

This is still going to be one helluva show! And a great way to kick off the summer metal madness in Atlanta! :kickass:

ok... nevermind...

I regret to announce that Meyvn has decided to cancel their appearance at Metal Festivus, as well as any other remaining shows they had scheduled.

I have decided that this close to the date of the show I will not be replacing Meyvn on the bill. Instead I will push the start time of the show back to 7:30 to allow more folks to arrive in time to see EBS, and then extend each supporting band's setlist to allow for one extra song. And from what I understand, each supporting band has something new to share with the local fans. So don't miss it. :heh:

Mindflow should be taking the stage at approximately 10:30PM as the headliner. I will extend to them the opportunity to play as long as they wish up to 90 minutes. Originally they would have been allowed 60-75 minutes at their discretion.

This is still going to be one helluva show! And a great way to kick off the summer metal madness in Atlanta! :kickass:
Way to go, Hoyt! This will still be a great show!:headbang::kickass:

:cry: Sometimes even the best laid plans go to waste...

due to a family emergency, Mindflow has canceled the remaining dates on their U.S. tour to return to Brazil. This of course includes their headlining spot in the Metal Festivus show on June 14th.

and as I stated before when Meyvn canceled, I do not have time to re-group and replace a headliner. We will still have the show regardless. Three of Atlanta's best true metal bands will take the stage on June 14th and tear the roof off. No where else this summer will you have the opportunity to see all three of these bands in one night.

For those who have purchased the advanced tickets, you may ask me for a full refund and I will send it to you. Or if you still plan to attend - and I truly hope you do - I will give you a partial refund at the door.

For everyone else who plans to attend, the door price will be reduced to $10.

I hope to see you all there. I deeply regret this happened, and I apologize profusely even though it was completely out of my hands.

due to a family emergency, Mindflow has canceled the remaining dates on their U.S. tour to return to Brazil. This of course includes their headlining spot in the Metal Festivus show on June 14th.

and as I stated before when Meyvn canceled, I do not have time to re-group and replace a headliner. We will still have the show regardless. Three of Atlanta's best true metal bands will take the stage on June 14th and tear the roof off. No where else this summer will you have the opportunity to see all three of these bands in one night.

For those who have purchased the advanced tickets, you may ask me for a full refund and I will send it to you. Or if you still plan to attend - and I truly hope you do - I will give you a partial refund at the door.

For everyone else who plans to attend, the door price will be reduced to $10.

I hope to see you all there. I deeply regret this happened, and I apologize profusely even though it was completely out of my hands.

Can you add any other local bands at the last minute? Does this mean that all 3 remaining bands will play at least one hour each? I'll still be there, don't worry!

Well fuck, I guess I have another month to find a headliner, good thing I didnt have the flyers printed yet.

...I guess I have another month to find a headliner, good thing I didnt have the flyers printed yet.

yeah, if I'd have had a month's notice I could have rallied a new headliner too. And I did have flyers printed - we've had no less than 3,000 4x6 cards printed for this show and placed strategically around Atlanta. I was about to go print the 16x20 posters this week to put up at the venue and have extras on hand as 'gifts' to the bands.

guess not. :mad:

yeah, if I'd have had a month's notice I could have rallied a new headliner too. And I did have flyers printed - we've had no less than 3,000 4x6 cards printed for this show and placed strategically around Atlanta. I was about to go print the 16x20 posters this week to put up at the venue and have extras on hand as 'gifts' to the bands.

guess not. :mad:
I am sorry this gig hasn't worked out to your satisfaction, Hoyt, but it will still be a great show anyway!:kickass::headbang:

I am sorry this gig hasn't worked out to your satisfaction, Hoyt, but it will still be a great show anyway!:kickass::headbang:

yeah I am allowing each of the three Atlanta bands at least 45mins to an hour, depending on their set list. EBS will likely start the show around 8PM or so, then we'll have quick set changes and still have time for HW and ALD to bust out an hour's worth of music each.

Thanks as always for the support Clay... and everyone else for that matter! :cool:

That sucks, Hoyt! Thanks for all your efforts!

At least we'll still get to see the local guys, though. Is Inviolate available to help round out the lineup?

--Mike

I believe they are still working on finding a new drummer. And I will likely leave this show at the three bands so as not to have to jump through hoops looking for last minute replacements.

Thanks.

yeah I am allowing each of the three Atlanta bands at least 45mins to an hour, depending on their set list. EBS will likely start the show around 8PM or so, then we'll have quick set changes and still have time for HW and ALD to bust out an hour's worth of music each.

Thanks as always for the support Clay... and everyone else for that matter! :cool:
You're more than welcome, Hoyt! I am a big fan of all the local bands you have showcased for us all. I only wish I could make it out to more of your shows. Oh well. See ya on the 14th!:headbang:

Sorry to hear Hoyt. I know how frustrating it can be to schedule a show and then have bands cancel (even when its not their fault). But I haven't gotten to the point of selling tickets and all that to then have the bands have to cancel. I hope that everything in the Mindflow camp turns out to be okay.

Oh no. And I had just bought the Meyvn CD and Mindflow CD in lieu of coming to this show specifically. Truly just some really bad luck on all parties' parts.