MLB/Baseball 2014-2015

He Matt, how are you feeling about the Cubs vs Cards series? I was rooting for the Pirates mainly because the Cubs are on fucking fire right now and because I kinda like Pittsburgh sports but I guess it's going to be a classic Cubs vs Cards series. I'm a bit nervous. Arrieta is fucking nasty out there and the Cards were looking a bit rough those last few weeks. I hope Wacha and Lynn can bring it back and we get some fucking hits.

I'm nervous. I'm going to be the only Cardinal fan at the bars here in west-side Chicago.

I like the Cubs honestly, though it should be a good series. Molina isn't 100% and they have lost some important pieces including Martinez. Cubs have all the momentum too. I think they win a close series.

Edit: didn't know you were a Cards fan. I'd be nervous too. I think it's time for someone new to win the NL though. Mets or Cubs

Mattingly has just got to go. His amateurish mistakes are killing Kershaw and the team. How the fuck does he hand the ball of to Baez, let alone take it away from Kershaw at a time like that in the 7th? This was an almost identical situation from the 4th game of last years Dodgers/Cardinals series.

Yeah but the strike zone was atrociously biased in favor of St Louis. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Yeah, because LA has had tons of success against St Louis in the playoffs :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if LA gets swept right away.

How the fuck does Mattingly start a new booty like Seager over a veteran like Rollins, who was known to be the a "Met Killer" when he was in Philly? Yea, he has a good bat ... but you dont start a guy whos only been around since September over someone like Rollins in that situation.

yeah, mattingly is an ididot. I wish he can just go back to being a hitting coach. Im over here sitting on my couch, eating chips and seeing things that someone like him should have already noticed.

Also, i think Greinke should have gotten the start. He was the better pitcher this season, and as good as Kershaw was last night, he would have probably got us that very important game 1 W.

edit: And i'm calling it right now ... Greinke gets the win tonight. Mets wont score more than a run or two.

latest

The cardinals have lost their pitching. I was excited to see that we scored so many runs on Arrieta but, jesus, giving up 8 runs is just not going to fucking cut it.

One more game. I don't think we have it in us. Cubs vs Dodgers?

Ahhh. I love the smell of a 319 million dollar team losing every year in the first round. Fuck. The. Dodgers.

Now I'm just rooting for a good series in the NL. Definitely like the Jays more than KC.