Nevermore drops off the Symphony X tour

This is some horseshit! I really don't feel like driving 2 hours to see SX alone... Was looking forward to Soilwork and Nevermore more than anything.

I want a refund.

No offense to everyone else in this thread, but this increases the chances of my going to this show by a lot.

Not offended, but that makes no sense. You won't get Symphony X to play longer. You won't get any other bands to replace them. How exactly does that increase the chances of you go? Couldn't just go in and skip the other bands you don't like ?

^ on a similar note, I might still be on board if Symphony X releases a statement saying they will increase their set or do something special because of the circumstances.

This sucks. I've had my tickets since christmas eve and since then 2 of my favorite bands drop out and yet I still have to sit through another shitty blackguard set.

Agreed. Especially the last 4 words of your post. I saw them once and that is all I need to know that I truly hated them. I think they are playing with Kamelot as well later on this year. Enough with them.

But wait a second!!!!
Wasn't it just a month ago or so where many of you SWORE that Blackguard touring so much WASN'T a bad thing and it will lead to them becoming a better band and gain new fans???

Oh I see, just as long as they aren't a part of a tour that YOU wanted to see. :)

Not offended, but that makes no sense. You won't get Symphony X to play longer. You won't get any other bands to replace them. How exactly does that increase the chances of you go? Couldn't just go in and skip the other bands you don't like ?

This X 10000.

Unless the thought process is simply that the show might end earlier or something. My guess is that the setlist for the tour has been long rehearsed and finalized and the reality is that the Symphony X setlist won't be extended.

eh I kinda feel the same way as him. I hate these big packages ending at ungodly hours when I have stuff to do early the next morning. Selfish I know. :lol:

eh I kinda feel the same way as him. I hate these big packages ending at ungodly hours when I have stuff to do early the next morning. Selfish I know. :lol:

I hate these big package tours when they go late. Sure it is cool to see a bunch of bands that are good but it kills me getting home late and stuff. This is why I love shows at the HOB in Chicago...they all end at 10. I can still get home and do stuff after the show. Reggies shows now always get out late. As lazy as I am it has turned me off from going to certain shows. Last year DRI played on a sunday night and they didnt get on stage till 1 AM. Show didnt get out till way after 2 AM. that is crazy.

Just another thing to add to the start of a shitty week. This blows hard! I was mostly going to see Soilwork and Nevermore. While I like Symphony X the other two were the main draw for me. I suppose it's too late to get some quality replacements though.

This is some horseshit! I really don't feel like driving 2 hours to see SX alone... Was looking forward to Soilwork and Nevermore more than anything.

I want a refund.

Glad I didn't buy a ticket yet, you may be going to this one by yourself! Unless there's another good band added, or SX announces they're doing something special to make up for it. And longer sets by those other nimrods ain't it.

Nevermore Cancels All Upcoming North American Tour Dates

It is with great regret that we notify NEVERMORE fans that the band has
cancelled all upcoming tour plans. The planned North American tour will
continue with Symphony X, Powerglove and Blackguard. An official
statement from the band will be issued soon. Thanks, as always, for
supporting NEVERMORE and Century Media.

I might be reading too much into things, but I have a very, very bad feeling about this...

DAMNIT! FUCK TODAY!

There hasn't been a single thing today that's not made me want to choke kittens. I thought the line-up in that email looked funny. I was really in this one for Soilwork and Nevermore, even though I do love Symphony X. I bought my tickets months ago. Shitty thing is, I bought two and my friend hasn't paid me back for his yet, so I might just eat that one. I don't know if he'll still want to go. What a clusterfuck this tour turned out to be. I really hope that Symphony X does something nice, like up their set length or something.

The Symphony X / Powerglove / Blackguard lineup is still enough to make me go, especially considering I just got tickets 2 days ago, but originally I was absolutely looking forward to the full package with Soilwork and Nevermore, and for me, the show is definitely diminished as a result of their dropping out. If they can get a good replacement touring act, that would be welcome IMO, or even if a quality local opener is added, that would be nice. Also, I agree that it would be cool of Romeo and co. to add some songs to their set to help compensate.

I really believe this is the end. God, I hope not, but I've heard rumors of the band not getting along for various reasons to say the least.

I can say that the not getting along part is bullshit. Jim told me that there was a lot of rumors going around during the European tour about them all hating each other and wanting to break up and such, and I know that isn't the case (at least that is what he tells me). I have an idea of what's going on, and it doesn't involve anyone in the band not getting along, but I was also asked not to say anything. I'm sure it will come out in the press release soon if they want the info out there. As for them breaking up, don't write the epitaph yet, but I do have a bad feeling that something here might be happening that might be a little more serious than I've been lead to believe. Granted, I did talk to Jim a week ago, but a lot can happen in a week. I'm just gonna sit back with my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I have tried to call him today and haven't gotten an answer, and I know that someone else has sent a few texts to Warrel and haven't gotten any answers either, so whatever is going on, they are staying tight lipped about it until a release, it seems.

If you follow Warrel on twitter, you would have known that something serious was wrong last week:

"My heart is sick and I can't change others selfish motives"

http://twitter.com/#!/warrel_dane

In the meantime, he is posting up a storm on Sanctuary.

Yea, someone mentioned this on the Nevermore board a few hours ago, at least his tweet about his heart being sick. What I've been told and this tweet don't go hand in hand at all, so I am really perplexed.