Nice PPUSA 2002 pics for viewing

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
Hey all you dedicated metalheads!

I just got done posting about 60 nice pics from this year's festival on my Iced Earth tribute site. Just jump to the homepage below and follow the link to the photo gallery (it will be easy enough to find).

Let me know if you have any problems with the site. I test it often, and eveything seems to be working ok.

Have fun recalling the great time or sob at what you missed!

http://www.icedearth.us

Thanks Glenn for a great time!

This is my first post, so I hope I didn't screw anything up...

There were some truly awesome pictures in there. The way you used the less-than-ideal lighting at the venue to create some artful silhouettes was fantastic. I'm guessing you have a very nice manual film camera. My little camera with auto-focus got me some great shots, but only when the lighting allowed. So kudos, on your excellent photos.

I had a lot of luck and a nice digital camera with manual control over exposure. Thanks for the compliments. I hope to try my luck again in Chicago at the Blind Guardian show on December 7.

Thanks for the feedback. A lot of the pics are definitely on the dark end. But if the pics seem overly dark, just increase the brightness on your monitor. I've viewed the pics on several different monitors to try to place files that looked ok on the majority of them.

There are a boatload of factors that contribute to how dark or bright a monitor is (e.g. PC or Mac, age of monitor, brand of monitor, brightness/contrast settings). All those conditions make it impossible to for a web designer to design a page that looks perfect on everyones computer. Control freaks don't often make great web designers.

I looked at you rpics when you first posted this message but I got sidetracked from commenting while playing on the website *chuckles*

You have some incredible pictures! I like the ones from higher up in the seats that catch a lot of the action! Very cool! Thanks so much for posting them for us!

~Sh0k~

Originally posted by The Fiddler
I had a lot of luck and a nice digital camera with manual control over exposure. Thanks for the compliments. I hope to try my luck again in Chicago at the Blind Guardian show on December 7.

Hey cool, I'll see ya there! :)

High Speed Kurt,

Thanks! The Iced Earth shots from the balcony were taken at the Metro in Chicago this past April. Show was sold out. Chicago is the heart of the US fan base for Iced Earth. I think Iced Earth sold out all but 2 shows on their headlining US tour this spring.

Blind Guaridan will be playing at the very same venue on Saturday, December 7. The stage isn't that big, but the crowd is always electric for Metro metal shows. I fully expect the roof to come off the place Saturday.

Originally posted by The Fiddler
I fully expect the roof to come off the place Saturday.

I'm REALLY wishing to go this show! I have a few friends driving down, but I just don't know if can afford the bloody ticket! I guess that's what happens when you're a broke college student! :bah:

Anyways, my question is, are you going to be taking any pictures of taht show???? I like your style and I would want to keep an eye out if you are planning on taking shots since I can't be there.

~Sh0k~

sh0kr0k,

I feel your pain!!! I spent 17 semesters in college including some graduate work. I have a BS (biology, chemistry minor) and BFA (graphic design).

If you do the job right the first time, college is only tempoarary. The feeling of accomplishment you will feel on commencement day with your family in the crowd will be one you won't forget. You gotta make the sacrifice to get there though!

"For all these years of pain and sacrifice, you'll know the pain I know.
Of all these things, I offer unto you, infernal wisdom waits"
:devil: Jon Schaffer - Burnt Offerings

I'll post any SX/BG pics from Chicago on my website. I'll make a post on the board when they are on the site.

www.icedearth.us