Now Annette out of Nightwish

I thought you were Anette's biggest fan though.

I did like her(past tense, because she is gone now), and this is the best replacement for her and here is why. Sunday can't come soon enough

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wiFYfr24s&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah she's a great replacement.

But the current best Nightwish singer is Manuella Kraller. Looking forward to seeing her in about 11 months :)

Thought it was messed up how they let her go, but I didn't like Annette in Nightwish at all. Couldn't take the CDs with her pop singing and pop attitude. Very happy Floors in Nightwish, and think its a good middle ground between Tarja and Annette, she can pretty much sing anything. She avoids the overly operatic manner Tarja sings that some didn't care for, while keeping it operatic or semi operatic enough, and can lessen that to fit the style of the newer songs, without it being irritating at all. I can actually listen to the songs with Floor singing and like most or much of it now. Manuela would be perfect, but Floor will be fantastic, for however long shes with them.. though I'd be very happy if she stayed in the band. The only people I know personally that don't like this are Annette fans and people that are jealous of her. I see even some Annette fans coming around that it may not be such a horrible thing. Wish I could see them live now:(

It sucks for those fans that she was sick and missed the show, and it sucks so much more that the band is parting ways with a wonderful vocalist. But i have to admit, I'd love to see Nightwish with Alissa as a vocalist, that's so sick.

Floor is pretty sharp. Back when After Forever played PP, we got into the sound check for a bit, and she was in complete control of the band, and then the same thing during the performance. And she has a great voice, plus some great ideas. Not enough ladies in metal have it that together. Annette never impressed me. Somehow, replacing an operatic singer with a pop singer just never worked for me. But at the same time, the remaining members of the band became more a tight leash on the reigns, so it is what it is. It does seem, though, that Annette was dumped too abruptly. Time will tell how things work out. Stranger things have happened.

It does seem, though, that Annette was dumped too abruptly.
She had what, five years to gel with them? No way for us to know how long this dismissal was in the works, but it's quite possibly only the announcement that was abrupt. Seeing how Tarja's tenure with NW went, I think any singer should have no doubts about what is expected and what the band would find intolerable. I've been amused by people posting it's all a business and there's no loyalty. There is plenty of loyalty between the guys and if the female vocalist sets herself above the others, she will lose their support. That has been made clear.

I have to finally admit, my first reaction to the news of Anette's dismissal was relief. I really did my best to embrace her inclusion in the band, because I really didn't want to give up on a group that has been one of my favorites for a long time. She did record some fine work. I love "Slow Love Slow" and several others. She did have some fine performances. The two in Atlanta were some of the best I had seen her do, but she had some very inconsistent performances and actually recorded some songs for NW in a way that made me skip them - a first for me.

So, she had her chance and I don't feel sorry for her in anyway. She has some great things to add to her resume and some great work to be proud of. Floor on the other hand is a talented, consummate professional who can handle all aspects of the past NW catalog while contributing immensely to whatever style or direction they go in the future. She also is dynamite on stage - and metal too! Bring back the headbanging, I've had enough of that pixie jig! I hope they keep her.

She had what, five years to gel with them? No way for us to know how long this dismissal was in the works, but it's quite possibly only the announcement that was abrupt. Seeing how Tarja's tenure with NW went, I think any singer should have no doubts about what is expected and what the band would find intolerable. I've been amused by people posting it's all a business and there's no loyalty. There is plenty of loyalty between the guys and if the female vocalist sets herself above the others, she will lose their support. That has been made clear.

I have to finally admit, my first reaction to the news of Anette's dismissal was relief. I really did my best to embrace her inclusion in the band, because I really didn't want to give up on a group that has been one of my favorites for a long time. She did record some fine work. I love "Slow Love Slow" and several others. She did have some fine performances. The two in Atlanta were some of the best I had seen her do, but she had some very inconsistent performances and actually recorded some songs for NW in a way that made me skip them - a first for me.

So, she had her chance and I don't feel sorry for her in anyway. She has some great things to add to her resume and some great work to be proud of. Floor on the other hand is a talented, consummate professional who can handle all aspects of the past NW catalog while contributing immensely to whatever style or direction they go in the future. She also is dynamite on stage - and metal too! Bring back the headbanging, I've had enough of that pixie jig! I hope they keep her.

That's what I meant by 'it is what it is'. That's right, we don't know all the details, nor is it imperative we do. But I did see an aggression from the remaining members after Tarja left, as if to say 'hey we're taking over now'. Which is fine. In reality, after Tarja left, it is their band to do with as they wish. I'm just commenting that, at least from the outside looking in, it seemed like kind of a sudden dismissal. I don't argue with you as to Floor being more suited than Annette, I was just commenting on the timing as I saw it as a fan.

Yes, relief. I wonder if and when TH, while trying understandably to de-emphasize the vocals, realized he over compensated with Annette. He should have chosen somebody who had Nightwish chops and could use them when necessary. Imagine if Dream Theater replaced Mike Portnoy with Charlie Watts or somebody like that. It couldn't work.

I too wanted to give Annette every chance as a member of a band that I truly loved; and, while she sounded fine on the two solid records she made with the band, she was not very good live and simply could not handle the old material. I wondered if they might consider replacing her but never thought it would happen like this or so soon.

Of course we're all left with the questions: was it personal, professional, or both? I have to believe that life on the road with a bunch of rock and rock guys who probably drink and smoke too much might not be the easiest thing in the world for a lone woman. I seem to recall Tarja commenting once in an interview that at times she was kind of scared, but I may not be remembering that right.

And yes, while I like the stuff fine, I am anxious for TH to move on from trying to turn every other song into an Irish jig.

Whatever the case, they get a do over and whether it's Floor or someone else, let's hope we get someone with the necessary chops. And whatever direction the music takes in the future, we'll all be along for the ride.

Speaking of rides, it's off to Austin on Wednesday as there is no Dallas date and I'll never go to another show at that crap hole, the Diamond Ballroom in OKC. Why are they even playing there.........

We will be at the venue around 3:30pm for some stuff with the Wounded Warrior Project, but I will definitely look you up. I am totally happy beyond belief that Floor is the vocalist. it made my day Monday.

Sorry I missed you! WOW, what a show! I spoke to a local couple at the show who were supposed to be part of a special M&G at the Marquee that turned into a bit of a cluster...hope that all worked out well for your group!

And yes, while I like the stuff fine, I am anxious for TH to move on from trying to turn every other song into an Irish jig.

LOL, I actually enjoy a bit of an Irish jig in my metal! But I know that others find this annoying.

LOL, I actually enjoy a bit of an Irish jig in my metal! But I know that others find this annoying.
Love it! Just don't like the metal element eliminated on stage. The Gallic sound in the music has been fabulous. The goofy dancing on stage, wore me out.

Sorry I missed you! WOW, what a show! I spoke to a local couple at the show who were supposed to be part of a special M&G at the Marquee that turned into a bit of a cluster...hope that all worked out well for your group!

First the offical meet and greet inside the venue and ours with the Wounded Warriors had some problems, but in both cases it was not either Bands fault, or the management, the problem originated with the venue, for one thing their security had to clue what the special VIP badges for our meet and greet or the offical meet and greet meant. Their security was on 20 different sheets of music, this one says one thing this one says another. I had an ALL-ACCESS badge and one security guys told me i could not be backstage, until someone told him to read the chart posted on the door as to what each badge meant. And don't get me started on the way they treated handicapped people in wheelchairs. Thanks to both bands and management for making the meet and greets a success.

A problem with the Marquee? SHOCKING. I fucking hate the people that run that dump.

Well, it was quite an experience, one that i got to witness first hand, what they really need to do it read "Being a Promoter 101" by Glenn Harveston, hehehehe, or better yet just get their head out of their ass and treat the bands, their guest and their fans with a little respect.

Well, it was quite an experience, one that i got to witness first hand, what they really need to do it read "Being a Promoter 101" by Glenn Harveston, hehehehe, or better yet just get their head out of their ass and treat the bands, their guest and their fans with a little respect.

Yep, one major difference being that Glenn hires *professionals* to do security, and not a bunch of local students.

At one point, I was going to write down some band names for one of the other attendees, and we were asking around for a pen…but it turned that everyone’s pens had been confiscated at the door, because they could potentially be used as weapons. You can imagine how much safer we all felt knowing that we were attending a pen-free show. :rolleyes:

Yep, one major difference being that Glenn hires *professionals* to do security, and not a bunch of local students.

At one point, I was going to write down some band names for one of the other attendees, and we were asking around for a pen…but it turned that everyone’s pens had been confiscated at the door, because they could potentially be used as weapons. You can imagine how much safer we all felt knowing that we were attending a pen-free show. :rolleyes:

Yeah, their security "force" is pretty weak....I'd hate to see what would happen if any actual trouble broke out.

One thing I was thrilled about though is that they no longer make you take your shoes off when they do the pat-down...they'd been doing that for *years*; I always found it to be incredibly stupid and inconvenient.

With all of the Marquee's faults, though, I can't imagine what Phoenix would do without the venue, considering the sheer number of shows that are hosted there.

Saw the tour last night in New Orleans!

WOW!

I was blown away by Kamelot. The new singer really is a great fit.

NW-Floor was incredible. They replaced Scaretale in the set with Ghost Love Score. EPIC. Floor nailed it, along with everything else.

Kurt

Saw the tour last night in New Orleans!

WOW!

I was blown away by Kamelot. The new singer really is a great fit.

NW-Floor was incredible. They replaced Scaretale in the set with Ghost Love Score. EPIC. Floor nailed it, along with everything else.

Kurt

Yeah, I'm jealous too. I've been checking out the videos here and there and Floor is just killing it. Her aggression and huge voice seem to have the whole band in top form and really having fun. The Nightwish that got me into symphonic metal is back with the finest vocalist in the business. I can't imagine why the mighty Floor would not be offered the full-time job and at this point I think she's pretty much ruined it for anyone else anyway.

Yeah, I'm jealous too. I've been checking out the videos here and there and Floor is just killing it. Her aggression and huge voice seem to have the whole band in top form and really having fun. The Nightwish that got me into symphonic metal is back with the finest vocalist in the business. I can't imagine why the mighty Floor would not be offered the full-time job and at this point I think she's pretty much ruined it for anyone else anyway.

LOL and very true! I really enjoyed the show and there is no better fit for NW! She was the best candidate last time, so here's to second chances!