Okay... the ONE band you must see before you die

Mine was Marillion--I flew to England to see them in '02 and again in '03, and will be seeing them in Chicago and Cinci this weekend. I'd have to think to come up with a new one since I've already seen PoS twice.

Now, I can make an extensive list of places and architecture I have to see before I die. :)

I have seen most of the bands that i have wanted to through the years though that is not hard as there have never been a crap load of bands that I have had to absolutley positively see. When i was 15....Emerson Lake and Palmer, had to see them and did. Had my father take me and a few friends through what was close to blizzard conditions.

Lately there are more and more bands I would like to see but few come to mind that I absolutely have to see or life as I know it will never be the same....and of those it is not likely to happen as they are either too old to make difference or dead.

There are some festivals I would love to go to.

Someday. :)

Soilwork when A predators portrait was released. In flames when colony was released. Disarmonia Mundi. Nightrage. Sonata Arctica. Iron Savior. I would love to watch a Hans Zimmer Orchestration recording as well.

All these have been granted, mostly through travel. Otherwise, I'd never have seen...

Paradise Lost (Draconian era)
Savatage (Stevens/ Pitrelli era)
The Gathering
Stratovarius - on the Infinite tour
Spiral Architect
Symphony X
POS
Evergrey
Zero Hour
Nightingale (notice several of these are ProgPower bands?)
Lacuna Coil

etc

The only bands left, off the top of my head, are:

Marillion - MIGHT happen in DC!
Cynic - not likely, but damn that would rule
Sanctuary - ditto
Carcass - as above
At the Gates - dammit
Pride & Glory - argh!!
Lilitu

It sure would have been cool to see Led Zeppelin & The Who at the top of the of their careers. Of current bands I've actually seen a lot of them that I wouldn't have thought possible thanks to ProgPower. I'd like to see Demons & Wizards, though.

Gonzo the Silenced said:
Cynic - not likely, but damn that would rule
Carcass - as above
At the Gates - dammit
Lilitu
agreed totally on the first three. Living in atlanta, i've seen Lilitu twice now.

as far as the ONE band... I still really wanna see Mercyful Fate, but since I've seen King Diamond twice, I'm gonna have to reserve this vote for...

OVERKILL!

can't believe I've never seen them yet.

Ryan

Well, first it was Symphony X, and then Evergrey bailed on PP1, so THAT request was answered, but now, I'd have to say it's Freak Kitchen.
Mattias Eklundh is one HELLUVA guitar player.

J-Dubya

Mattias Eklundh and Freak Kitchen

I had 2 goals to accomplish before I die. One was to catch a trophy musky, and the second was to see Symphony X play live. Both have been fufilled!
(and the musky was caught & released!)

J-Dubya

Interesting thread. I too am a Marillion fan and was happy to see them with Fish the way it should be. I also got to see them with H several times which was good too but nothing will beat the Clutching at Straws tour.

Bands I would love to see do a reunion
Psychotic Waltz
Rainbow (w/Dio)
The original Scorpions w/ Uli Jon Roth
The original UFO
Genesis w/Gabriel on vox (sorry Phil :p)
Kate Bush
Spinal Tap...now that would rock!!! \m/ \m/

Cheers, Tony

warmwetos said:
Bands I would love to see do a reunion

Psychotic Waltz
**I'm working on that!**

warmwetos said:
Spinal Tap...now that would rock!!! \m/ \m/
:kickass: But they'd have to do Stonehenge....

Let's see, saw Jason Becker w/Cacophony, so no...
Saw 3 of the others within the last year (SymX, Dreamscape & Adagio) so Colleen is a happy chick!

I'd have to say Blue Murder (original lineup),
Journey (original lineup) Just to see Steve pull it off live. damnnnn
Kansas (go ahead and smack me now for not seeing them...)

How 'bout bands we wish we could've seen?

Badlands or anything w/Ray Gillen
Shawn Lane
Ozzy w/Randy Rhodes
Whitesnake w/John Sykes
Van Halen (original lineup)
and many others :)