Okay... the ONE band you must see before you die

13ShadesofGray said:
**I'm working on that!**

:kickass: But they'd have to do Stonehenge....

Let's see, saw Jason Becker w/Cacophony, so no...
Saw 3 of the others within the last year (SymX, Dreamscape & Adagio) so Colleen is a happy chick!

I'd have to say Blue Murder (original lineup),
Journey (original lineup) Just to see Steve pull it off live. damnnnn
Kansas (go ahead and smack me now for not seeing them...)

How 'bout bands we wish we could've seen?

Badlands or anything w/Ray Gillen
Shawn Lane
Ozzy w/Randy Rhodes
Whitesnake w/John Sykes
Van Halen (original lineup)
and many others :)
OK CG you going to hate me but I've seen Blue Murder (Long Beach KNAC show), Journey (twice), Kansas (twice), no Badlands...but did see Shawn Lane (OMG what a player RIP, I owe my friend big time for the Anaheim show), Ozzy yes with Randy (Diary of a Madman with Motorhead as opener if I am not mistaken this was close to one of his last shows ever), no Whitesnake but saw Blue Murder :p, Van Halen (my first ever rock show, VH and Boston)

...and of course Stonehenge must be played!!!! With the dancing elves and all!!!:hotjump:

You know what's great about this thread; I knew there would be a few people who for some reason didn't understand what the thread was for. ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE band, not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 100, 200, 300. Anyway, with that said:

LABYRINTH and.... Oh yeah, ONE band!

JCMRecords said:
Sonata Arctica, Saviour Machine & White Lion (Vito Bratta)....seems like the WL will not work... :(

You are a Vito fan ? Even with such a small catalog offered by WL, Vito Bratta is still one of my top five guitarists of all time. The Italian Stallion fucking brought the noise !! What a player !!

Bryant

JCMRecords said:
Sonata Arctica, Saviour Machine & White Lion (Vito Bratta)....seems like the WL will not work... :(
Saviour Machine - wow, I thought I'd be the only here to know about them! I've seen them twice, and believe me, it's the show of a lifetime! I saw them with Wedding Party & Rackets & Drapes on Halloween night 1999 in Chicago. That was the show were the flames on the tapestries burned into a cross-shape and you could see the SM mask in the flames! :eek:

I've seen nearly every one of my "must see before I die.." bands, I fortunate in that respect. I'll have to give this some thought.

Tammy Z

I've decided!

Whitesnake

I've already seen Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Queebsryche, Satriani, Dream Theater, Def Leppard, KISS, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Tesla, Jackyl, Saviour Machine, and a million others that used to be on my list. I missed the Scorpions/Whitesnake tour and was crushed. Along with Motley Crue, I must see those bands too! Scorpions will be in town on Halloween night, so I've got them covered.

I wish I could have seen Def Leppard with Steve Clark.... of course I was only 3, and I do love Vivian... I also wish I could have seen Led Zeppelin in their prime.

Tammy Z

Angrafan said:
The Gathering...
Come over to PP europe this weekend ! :D

I have already said several times that i wanna see Evergrey........what?? yes Evergrey !......but WITH Carina on stage. Hopefully this will happen next week at the DVD gig (i have a good feeling).

Then i can die a happy man :cool:

sh0kr0k said:
Saviour Machine - wow, I thought I'd be the only here to know about them! I've seen them twice, and believe me, it's the show of a lifetime! I saw them with Wedding Party & Rackets & Drapes on Halloween night 1999 in Chicago. That was the show were the flames on the tapestries burned into a cross-shape and you could see the SM mask in the flames! :eek:

I've seen nearly every one of my "must see before I die.." bands, I fortunate in that respect. I'll have to give this some thought.

Tammy Z
They performed once in Minnesota and then durring their fourth song they got kicked off of the stage and never played in Minnesota again..... (hmmmmm Minneapolis Mayhem.....hmmmmmm)

Bryant said:
You are a Vito fan ? Even with such a small catalog offered by WL, Vito Bratta is still one of my top five guitarists of all time. The Italian Stallion fucking brought the noise !! What a player !!

Bryant

Vito inspired me to pick up the guitar. He is my hero.... VITO VITO VITO!!!:headbang:

Se7enChurches said:
as far as the ONE band... I still really wanna see Mercyful Fate, but since I've seen King Diamond twice, I'm gonna have to reserve this vote for...

OVERKILL!

can't believe I've never seen them yet.

Ryan
Wow! I can't believe that eitehr! :) I've seen them many a time, and they were super cool as well... spent a lot of time hanging out talking to everyone at the Masquerade once.

Sonata Arctica, without a doubt.

I was *this* close to seeing Sonata Arctica open for Nightwish in Milan at the end of October, but alas, due to having to work (dammit!) I was not able to get the time off. I WILL see them one of these days . . .

Amanda

After meeting and seeing Tad Morose and Kamelot, the only musician I would like to see/meet would be Tony Iommi in any of the Black Sabbath lineups (pre-Ozzfest, that is).

JCMRecords said:
MetalRose... But that was in '92. When that happend.

Nevermind, I'm a moron. I totally misread what you had. Plus with all the bands you had on that fest, I had no idea who all was on it! I know Pyramaze, Satryicon, Agent Steel, Morbid Angel, Disinter and Aesma Daeva. Other than that my memory of the bands is gone!

-MetalRose