Overkill - Ironbound

Aug 14, 2008
This is coming from someone who is throughouly disgusted with 95% of all of these modern albums by classic thrash bands (Megadeth, Kreator, Slayer, Tesament, Exodus, and the like can suck it. I don't care for their new stuff at all) with their as well as the vast majority of the 'retro thrash' trend.

HOLY SHIT!:OMG:

This album is incredible. These are riffs son, no wank to be found.

Actually I'm going to take it back; Destruction's 'The Antichrist' and Exodus' 'Tempo Of The Damned' are awesome "modern" thrash albums. That's about it imho.

But yeah this album pwns hard.

I always felt these guys should have enjoyed the same level of success as Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax.

Zod

I kind of feel that way, but then they probably wouldn't be putting out so many consistently awesome albums (actually they do have a few duds, but they certainly wouldn't put out an album like this!). This was mixed by Tägtgren too, so the production's great for the most part. No sterile, soulless Andy Sneap/Logan Mader sound to be found!

Zod, though I like Blitz's voice, I think he may be the reason that they didn't make it as big as the others. His voices seems to be more of an acquired taste than the others.

I have to be the one to ask this, and just out of plain curiosity.

How can you possibly not like albums such as Kreator's Enemy of God or Hordes of Chaos or Testament's The Formation of Damnation?

Zod, though I like Blitz's voice, I think he may be the reason that they didn't make it as big as the others. His voices seems to be more of an acquired taste than the others.
Probably true.

How can you possibly not like albums such as Kreator's Enemy of God or Hordes of Chaos or Testament's The Formation of Damnation?
Who is this directed at?

Zod

Testament's latest was a flaccid shadow of a once mighty band. There wasn't a single song on that album that I can remember even except for More Than Meets The Eye. Cheesy lyrics (even by thrash standards), soulless, sterile production (Really now? How dare you give Alex Skolnick such a thin lead guitar sound Sneap? You deserve to have your studio closed down for such blasphemy!)

And the Kreator albums are lame attempts at melodeath. Meh. No balls.

/opinion

Testament's latest was a flaccid shadow of a once mighty band. There wasn't a single song on that album that I can remember even except for More Than Meets The Eye. Cheesy lyrics (even by thrash standards), soulless, sterile production (Really now? How dare you give Alex Skolnick such a thin lead guitar sound Sneap? You deserve to have your studio closed down for such blasphemy!)

/opinion
You've got to be kidding. As soon as I stop laughing...nah, just forget it.

/opinion

Interesting. We won't argue over our different opinions, but I disagree completely. Though, again, interesting that you thought that, especially about Testament's.

This is coming from someone who is throughouly disgusted with 95% of all of these modern albums by classic thrash bands (Megadeth, Kreator, Slayer, Tesament, Exodus, and the like can suck it. I don't care for their new stuff at all) with their as well as the vast majority of the 'retro thrash' trend.

HOLY SHIT!:OMG:

This album is incredible. These are riffs son, no wank to be found.

You didn't like Megadeths' "Endgame"? Hoy Shit that was one of the best "comeback" albums I've heard. I know its a matter of opinion but all I hear from folks is that its one of their favorites this year as well as mine.:headbang::headbang:

One of my all time favorite bands and the first show I ever went too. Sad the only way to see a video was on Beavis and Butthead....