Overkill - Ironbound

I *love* Stanne's clean voice. Spine-tingling. I remember someone in the crowd calling for Auction during a show I saw in 06 and Stanne paused and directly said they would not do it. :(

there's plenty of good thrash bands instead of wasting time with old bands recreating :loco:

Interesting. I wanna hear exactly which bands you're referring to. I just find it difficult to agree that a newcomer thrash metal band can sound better than the latest Kreator or Testament discs, for instance.

So, who exactly are you referring to?

And please, do not say Mantic Ritual.

Interesting. I wanna hear exactly which bands you're referring to. I just find it difficult to agree that a newcomer thrash metal band can sound better than the latest Kreator or Testament discs, for instance.

Mantic Ritual is awesome, but my main answer here would be Warbringer. They put on a great live show, and they have some fucking thrashy, awesome songs.

I'll second the new Overkill recommendation. It's the band's best disc in quite some time. :headbang::kickass:

Thirded, with no reservations whatsoever. Immortalis was not a bad disc, but it was a bit clunky in places. It just didn't flow well. But IRONBOUND flows with pure thrashy metal goodness. :worship: Overkill have definitely returned to form. I'd go so far as to say this may be the best disc of theirs since From the Underground and Below. It's just that damn good.

oh, and yes, I have them all. This is one of the few metal bands that I have followed since the late 80's where I have every disc from their catalog. And Overkill is always a blind buy for me because they have always remained true to their music.

I <3 OVERKILL!!! :kickass:

I'm not RMS but I'm positive he was being sarcastic

Mantic Ritual is awesome, but my main answer here would be Warbringer. They put on a great live show, and they have some fucking thrashy, awesome songs.
I've come to the following conclusion; I simply don't like Thrash. I actually just got done spinning the new Warbringer (or should I say listening to the first 60 seconds) before reading this post. I'm sure Warbringer is awesome Thrash and that they bring war very well. However, this style, along with straight up Death Metal = meh.

Back on topic... I find the new Overkill to be quite dull. I still dig their overall sound and approach (unlike most Thrash), but having spun this disc twice, I just don't feel that there's a song on here I need to hear a 3rd time.

Zod

Back on topic... I find the new Overkill to be quite dull. I still dig their overall sound and approach (unlike most Thrash), but having spun this disc twice, I just don't feel that there's a song on here I need to hear a 3rd time.

Zod

I don't like that all I thought when I listened to it was that I DON'T want to hear "The Goal is your Soul" again. I don't like the way they sing that line, & then sing it too many times, & end it saying still saying "soulsoulsoulsoul!" :ill:

I don't like that all I thought when I listened to it was that I DON'T want to hear "The Goal is your Soul" again. I don't like the way they sing that line, & then sing it too many times, & end it saying still saying "soulsoulsoulsoul!" :ill:

one of my favorites from Ironbound :Smug: because it sounds like it belongs on an album like Necroshine - which is fine by me. The past 2-3 albums were a bit under par for Overkill in my opinion. I like the throwback sounds to the mid-late nineties albums. Those were some really strong releases.

meh, whatever. I can't get enough of Ironbound. All you hatorz can go listen to something else. :p Meanwhile I'll be headbanging and throwing horns to a solid metal release from Overkill!

So interestingly, the 3rd time was the charm for me on this disc. I thoroughly enjoyed my 3rd listen. What really intrigues me is, I realized that my MP3s we mistagged and the songs were playing in alphabetical order, rather than how the disc was intended to flow. I'd be curious to know if one had anything to do with the other.

Zod

So interestingly, the 3rd time was the charm for me on this disc. I thoroughly enjoyed my 3rd listen. What really intrigues me is, I realized that my MP3s we mistagged and the songs were playing in alphabetical order, rather than how the disc was intended to flow. I'd be curious to know if one had anything to do with the other.

Zod

Funny you should say something about the running order. I ripped a copy of Slayer's new CD for my wife and it screwed up the running order some how. I took her car to work the other day and listened to it and the album was totally ruined for me. I love it otherwise. Just goes to show you how the running order of an album can be very important. Can't wait to pick up the new Overkill!!!