Overkill - Ironbound

I think it's good points have gotten lost in the mix. I think the way the opener begins is a great buildup. It starts simple and layers the intensity for that first minute. After that it has a few average tracks, but then Bats in the Belfry is a cool grooving potboiler and A Pound of Your Flesh is a total raging thrasher. After that there's a few more clunkers, but I like the song Play the Ace. And Old School is goofy, but fun. So I don't dislike the album because of it's good tracks, but it would've made a better EP I suppose.

Really? There was a conversation in another Overkill thread before where this was an issue with a number of copies. It could be that they fixed the problem. On mine, it will hardly play on my computer and once it tries pulling track 8 it just stalls and then I can't play it or even rip any other cd as it fucks with the drive. Out of curiosity, where did you get your copy? If it's an online or a franchise, I might try to get another copy there.

I got mine from Amazon and it ripped with no problems to my computer.

I'm really hoping to make it to their Cincy in April. What a tour: Vader, God Dethroned, Evile, Warbringer, AND Overkill in one night. That's a line-up!

I got mine from Amazon and it ripped with no problems to my computer.

I'm really hoping to make it to their Cincy in April. What a tour: Vader, God Dethroned, Evile, Warbringer, AND Overkill in one night. That's a line-up!

Interesting. That's exactly where I got mine.

Just got back from the show in Austin and holy shit, they can still bring it live! This was the first time that I have seen them in 15 years and have completely re-affirmed that they are easily my favorite band live. If there was a band that I followed around the country like a dead-head, it would be Overkill. This show completely crushed.

Just got back from the show in Austin and holy shit, they can still bring it live! This was the first time that I have seen them in 15 years and have completely re-affirmed that they are easily my favorite band live. If there was a band that I followed around the country like a dead-head, it would be Overkill. This show completely crushed.

In what order do the bands play??? There's a few that I don't care to see. I'll be at the NYC show on Sat.

In what order do the bands play??? There's a few that I don't care to see. I'll be at the NYC show on Sat.

Not sure. The only band I wanted to see was Overkill, so didn't get there until 10. I only saw Vader and then Overkill.

I don't know if you guys saw the blurb go by on Blabbermouth but Overkill is lining up a second tour late this year with Forbidden in the support slot.

EDIT, here's the blurb

Veteran New Jersey thrashers OVERKILL will join forces with reactivated San Francisco Bay Area metallers FORBIDDEN for the second leg of the "Killfest" U.S. tour in November. The full tour lineup and exact cities/dates will be announced on May 2, with tickets going on sale that day.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138049
Next Sunday!

p.s. Evile played first at the show I saw, Warbringer second.

I don't know if you guys saw the blurb go by on Blabbermouth but Overkill is lining up a second tour late this year with Forbidden in the support slot.

EDIT, here's the blurb

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138049
Next Sunday!

p.s. Evile played first at the show I saw, Warbringer second.

I'm so glad now that I missed them this time, because I'd much rather see them with Forbidden. I could care less for many of these other bands outside of Evile.

I need to check Ironbound out to see if all the hype here is legit. I thought their last one was okay, so that's why I haven't been too fired up to listen to this new one.

~Brian~

GET IT NOW!!! Honestly, it really is that good and I don't really see anyone releasing a better album this year. Also, this is coming from someone who never bought any of their stuff before.

Looks like early November, for the Overkill/Forbidden/Evile date in ATL.

Are you shitting me? The last time that I went to Austin for a show was Blind Guardian circa 2002 because they didn't have an Atlanta date, so I get my tickets and airfare and low and behold they add an Atlanta date... Can't believe this happened again. That being said, I'll be there.

Nevermind, I am thinking of Hammerfall when I went to New Orleans to see them with Death in 97.

Are you shitting me? The last time that I went to Austin for a show was Blind Guardian circa 2002 because they didn't have an Atlanta date, so I get my tickets and airfare and low and behold they add an Atlanta date... Can't believe this happened again. That being said, I'll be there.

Nevermind, I am thinking of Hammerfall when I went to New Orleans to see them with Death in 97.

There hasn't been an official announcement yet.
But according to the Masquerade, yes.

Well, looks like many of you will be happy who don't get a lot of shows. I on the other hand am pissed the second leg won't be hitting Chicago, but then again compared to the many tours we do get I guess I shouldn't complain.

Nov. 05 - Rochester, NY - Montage Music Hall
Nov. 06 - Farmingdale, NY - Crazy Donkey
Nov. 07 - Providence, RI - Club Hell
Nov. 08 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Nov. 09 - Virginia Beach, VA - Gil's
Nov. 10 - Charlotte, NC - Amos'
Nov. 11 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11
Nov. 12 - Jacksonville, NC - Hooligans
Nov. 13 - Orlando, FL - Club Firestone
Nov. 14 - Ft Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
Nov. 15 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Nov. 16 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody’s