ProgPower USA VIII: 4th Slot bands confirmed

I see. I take it then that this was a very localized and contained leak, hence your cryptic and closed thread earlier this week.

That was my hope. All it takes is one...

However, there were three people that were in touch with me/my organization this week with "educated guesses" that led me to my actions.

wow! badass 4th slot bands!

P M is excellent..

Primal F were great on the Halford tour a few years back...
shaping up to be a real wicked lineup!

Now....GIVE US AFTER FOREVER for the headliner on night 2 !!!

That was my hope. All it takes is one...

However, there were three people that were in touch with me/my organization this week with "educated guesses" that led me to my actions.

That is unfortunate. But even if it did leak somewhat Zod's observation that the rampant rumor mill would provide cover for the truth is an excellent point.

hehe..

I welcome educated dissent (such as yours on occasion) and pay very close attention. It's the those with no foundation that I dismiss without a second thought other than the public rebuttal.

Which is the reason, Mr. Harveston, that you are an exceptional individual. Well, that and the fact that you literally have balls of steel.

That is unfortunate. But even if it did leak somewhat Zod's observation that the rampant rumor mill would provide cover for the truth is an excellent point.

We should all just say instead of predicting the bands, that we all KNOW FOR A FACT who the bands will be. Then people can leak all they want and no one will know.

Both good, solid choices, Glenn! :kickass:

The scales definitely seem to be tipped more toward power than prog at this point, and I'd love to see a powerful progmetal band fill out the Saturday headliner slot....but it'd have to be a helluva powerful band to follow Primal Fear. :heh:

I agree...we all know I have been wanting Primal Fear to play this fest for a long time...I have seen them twice...they are an unbelievable wrecking crew...I don't envy anyone having to follow them!!!

But alas...I have faith in Glenn...this will be the best PP ever!!!:headbang:

hahaha...you guys are gonna get sick of me saying that before Oct!!!:heh:

I don't think it's tipped towards power. What I do think is that almost every band fits neatly into its genre. Every band is either a prog band or a power band, and by that standard we have the most prog bands we've had since PPII.

Threshold, Raintime, Redemption, Pagan's Mind, and Communic are prog, IMO. Which means we only have four power bands. So we'll get one more, I think.

I don't think it's tipped towards power. What I do think is that almost every band fits neatly into its genre. Every band is either a prog band or a power band, and by that standard we have the most prog bands we've had since PPII.

Threshold, Raintime, Redemption, Pagan's Mind, and Communic are prog, IMO. Which means we only have four power bands. So we'll get one more, I think.

You're exactly right if you go by the number of bands. But Paul is right, because as it stands now it's a bit top heavy with Power. Another Power band in the last slot makes 3 of 4 top bands power. Just for the record... that would suit me just fine.

Why? Is he not allowed to have an opinion that differentiates from yours?

Maybe because his attitude sucks? I mean, dude, I don't tend to like too much power metal, but I don't generally diss the fans. That's pretty shitty. About as shitty as those who diss prog metal fans as a group. The point is: is name-calling necessary because the band whose ass your head is up isn't headlining?

Shaye

Ooo-siiiii-rus ...<pause>...

...EEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!!!

Great, great picks. And can't wait to hear Scheepers live.