Queensryche vs. Queensryche

I'm not sure how you can think that Warning is a significant drop off. The Warning is amazing and it also has the best song every by Ryche, "Roads to Madness".....The lyrics and the music and singing on the Warning is phenomenal, the only thing it suffers from is production....

I've said it before, but the older I get the more I prefer Warning and the EP to anything else (and I think RFO and OM are 100% brilliant). Those two just bring the metal like no other albums.

The new song isn't anything special. And the Promised Land sound really shouldn't be the goal. It's either the worst of the classic era albums or the best of the sucky era albums, depending on where you draw the line.

I highly doubt that their "goal" was to sound like Promised Land. I simply meant that this song sounds like it came from that particular QR era. If I'm not mistaken the band has said that they wanted to bring back the classic era vibe but with a modern edge. While I think that this song doesn't quite harken back to my interpretation of what the classic era sounds like, I do feel that it's a big step in the right direction.

I'm not sure how you can think that Warning is a significant drop off. The Warning is amazing and it also has the best song every by Ryche, "Roads to Madness".....The lyrics and the music and singing on the Warning is phenomenal, the only thing it suffers from is production....

Don't get me wrong, I like The Warning, but for me it is too derivative of bands like Priest and Maiden. For me, Rage for Order was the album when they transcended from a strong metal band into a ground breaking band that was creatively adventurous.

The new song isn't anything special. And the Promised Land sound really shouldn't be the goal. It's either the worst of the classic era albums or the best of the sucky era albums, depending on where you draw the line.

Rage For Order and Promised Land are my fav Ryche albums.

Okay, here is my take on after hearing both of those initial tracks and that second one by the "old-new" Queensryche (I actually like "Toddsryche"). After, all isn't that really the "old" Queensryche, but with a new singer? Also, I would consider "Tatesryche" to be the "new" Queensryche, since he is just the old singer, but with a new band.

Anyway, with that out of the way, after hearing that track by the "Toddsryche" version, I actually thought it was quite good. Did not blow me away, though, but did thought that was probably the best thing I've yet heard from any outfit with the "Queensryche" name since Promised Land. That second "Toddsryche" track, I through was actually better. Seems after reading most of the posts, I am in general consensus here.

Now, for that "Tatesryche" song. I will fully admit that I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I was, but then again, after that disaster that was Dedicated to Chaos, I was not setting myself to expect much out of that outfit. But still, it is not what I would care to hear from any band that is "Queensryche" and clearly shows that is still definitely Tate basically continuing on his ways for the past 20 years. As others have pointed out, yeah, there are some heavy moments, but it just seems to plod along. For S&Gs I went and looked up Frequency Unknown on Amazon and the reviews don't look pretty. So far, it has only garnered 2 1/2 stars. I went and previewed the samples on Amazon, and frankly it seems I'll be passing this one up. Admittedly, that fifth track "In the Hands of God" sounded pretty cool. Same with the 6th track, "Running Backwards". But three or four decent tracks an album does not make. Also, I just noticed something, when abbreviating the album name down to "F.U.", seems to imply another common, albeit vulgar, phrase, associated with those two letters. Wonder if that was intentional, like Tate basically saying a big F' YOU to both the original Queensryche and its fans. But then again, I maybe just reading more into it than is really there.

^^^No, you read it very much correctly. There was a message on the album cover, and it's not subtle nor is it mature. I'm actually surprised the fist didn't have a middle finger up and the disc not polybagged with Geoff's saliva. Maybe that's being saved for a future limited edition. I'll probably pass on both versions. They have been dead for a couple of decades, and as mentioned elsewhere, I have no desire at all to be seduced by a zombie.

Okay after checking out the available samples I kinda like this. I think the key for me is to not think of this as QR, but more of a QR inspired band. Todd goes out of his way to sound like Tate on some tunes and has his own delivery on songs like World Without, which it seems he steps out on his own a bit. I actually get more of a Quiet Room vibe from this stuff than Ryche. It's hard to draw definitive conclusions from samples, but now hearing them I am way more inclined to make this purchase. I already know it can't be any worse than waiting endlessly for Q2K to come out and going to Best Buy on release day and then, a decade or so later, still trying to heal my ears and soul from the devastation and disappointment. I suppose count me in on this...

Okay after checking out the available samples I kinda like this. I think the key for me is to not think of this as QR, but more of a QR inspired band. Todd goes out of his way to sound like Tate on some tunes and has his own delivery on songs like World Without, which it seems he steps out on his own a bit.

I am actually with you on this. I actually like much of what I am hearing from that La Torre version of Queensryche disk. I will more than likely pick it up (if not to at least return the big F.U. to Tate and co.) As I said before, seems to be some of the best material I've heard from a "Queensryche" outfit since Promised Land (and I'll admit, I actually did/do like Promised Land, pretty much their last "decent" album in my opinion). Finally, a "Queensryche" album I can actually get excited about again.

The funny thing I see here is that the reason why so many people seem to hate Tate (now) is that he's an arrogant douchebag, and, to me, that's the exact reason why he was such a brilliant and dramatic frontman for QR. Kinda like David Lee Roth....a lot of people look at him as being a motor-mouthed, goofball "clown prince of rock" doofus, but that's exactly what made him the best frontman for Van Halen. Todd may be a decent singer, but he probably will never bring that arrogance and dramatic edge to the vocals (and lyrics) that Tate had, which also gave QR their signature sound. Even though I like TateRyche's "F.U." (yep, I said it....I actually like most of the new material he has here... the re-recorded stuff, on the other hand, is terrible), and I'll probably give the ToddRyche stuff a shot, I think both sides should have just given up the Queensryche brand and let it rest.

RFO ≥ OMC > Warning > EP > Promised Land >>>>> Empire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of their catalog

The funny thing I see here is that the reason why so many people seem to hate Tate (now) is that he's an arrogant douchebag, and, to me, that's the exact reason why he was such a brilliant and dramatic frontman for QR. Kinda like David Lee Roth....a lot of people look at him as being a motor-mouthed, goofball "clown prince of rock" doofus, but that's exactly what made him the best frontman for Van Halen. Todd may be a decent singer, but he probably will never bring that arrogance and dramatic edge to the vocals (and lyrics) that Tate had, which also gave QR their signature sound. Even though I like TateRyche's "F.U." (yep, I said it....I actually like most of the new material he has here... the re-recorded stuff, on the other hand, is terrible), and I'll probably give the ToddRyche stuff a shot, I think both sides should have just given up the Queensryche brand and let it rest.

Eh. It's more than that. The bigger reason simply is he writes shitty music and has been for over a decade.

I found all the samples here
Sounds like they are heading the right direction I definitely hear the promised land vibe. The sucky part??? I hear the album is only 35 minutes long :( .... But since they are rushing it perhaps they wanted to give the fans something to chew on before they get to work on a new full length cd.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe that this new album is only going to clock in at 35 minutes. The three songs available for listening now (including the live performances of "Fallout") add up to about eleven and a half minutes. If that rumor is true, that means that the average length of the remaining eight songs is roughly three minutes. There is just no way that Queensryche wrote an album full of three-minute tunes...or is there?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert