Question on Sound Quality on new Edguy cd

Feb 9, 2002
New Orleans, LA
www.geocities.com
Hello,

So I finally received the much talked about Tinnitus Sanctus in the mail, and while jamming on it, I think I got Tinnitus.

Tracks 5 and 6....does anyone else have bad static/clipping? It's almost unlistenable in some spots. I think someone screwed up the mastering, or was making fun of Metallica. Either way, does anyone have this problem? I got the US version.

Other than that, I am digging it. Not as heavy as I would want it, but still awesome Edguy. :kickass:

Kurt

Yeah, it seems the industry would prefer the sound to literally distort with too much gain rather than be a little lower and warmer. You tell me what you would prefer? I remember listening to Crimson Glory "Transcendence" and it sounded great (drum machine didnt bother me either) BUT, my point is if you go back to that cd it is significantly lower volume wise but you can still hear everything with no clipping at all. I would rather have to raise the volume...once its mastered with too much gain there's nothing you can do with a volume knob.

The production sucks on this CD, period! I'm not sure how you can come from Mandrake and Hellfire Club to this? If this is "musical progression" or the "toughest" Edguy, like the sticker indicates, then I want no part of it! :rolleyes: Hopefully, Tobi will get his rocks off after this tour and release and get back to making quality music. :Smug:

~Brian~

The production sucks on this CD, period! I'm not sure how you can come from Mandrake and Hellfire Club to this? If this is "musical progression" or the "toughest" Edguy, like the sticker indicates, then I want no part of it! :rolleyes: Hopefully, Tobi will get his rocks off after this tour and release and get back to making quality music. :Smug:

~Brian~

WOW, i did not see that coming! :zombie:

WOW, i did not see that coming! :zombie:

Well, I didn't either! You of all people know how much I love Edguy, but this latest offering isn't good. I still want to see them live on this tour, because I'm sure the songs will sound "thicker" in a live setting. With that said, this new studio cd just doesn't have enough "punch" for my taste.

~Brian~

I usually agree with your comments Brian - I think we have very similar tastes - but I couldn't disagree with you more on this one. I LOVE the new disc. Granted, its not Hellfire Club The Next Chapter or Mandrake Part 2....and I'm glad. While I admit the songs are more of a "hard rock" nature (whatever that means), I'm enjoying it. Dead or Rock, 9-2-9, The Pride of Creation, Wake Up Dreaming Black are all toe-tapping, pump your fist, drive fast tunes. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but have you given it a fair amount of spin time??...I guess that's why music is great because we all hear things differently!

Kurt - I have the same version you do and I don't hear the clipping.

I usually agree with your comments Brian - I think we have very similar tastes - but I couldn't disagree with you more on this one. I LOVE the new disc. Granted, its not Hellfire Club The Next Chapter or Mandrake Part 2....and I'm glad. While I admit the songs are more of a "hard rock" nature (whatever that means), I'm enjoying it. Dead or Rock, 9-2-9, The Pride of Creation, Wake Up Dreaming Black are all toe-tapping, pump your fist, drive fast tunes. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but have you given it a fair amount of spin time??...I guess that's why music is great because we all hear things differently!

Kurt - I have the same version you do and I don't hear the clipping.

Yeah, I kept it in my CD player for several days hoping to get what they were doing this time around. The songs are OK, but better production would've made them better. With that said, it just sounds like they just threw this one together. :erk:

~Brian~