Requests for VII?

:devil:
DT Jesus said:
How about an Eternity X reunion? :)

SHIT!! I've been listening to The Edge non-stop for about a week!! What ever happened to Keith Sudano (sp??)?? What an absolute masterpiece The Edge was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it would be easier to get Bin Laden and George W. together than to get E-X back together!! :devil: :devil:

L8TR,
Chris :headbang:

SavaVIDude said:
:devil:

SHIT!! I've been listening to The Edge non-stop for about a week!! What ever happened to Keith Sudano (sp??)?? What an absolute masterpiece The Edge was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it would be easier to get Bin Laden and George W. together than to get E-X back together!! :devil: :devil:

L8TR,
Chris :headbang:

Yep! There's been VERY few albums released that I consider better than The Edge. I'm not sure what Sudano is up to now. I used to post on his personal message board back when he had one ... it was a small group, so you were pretty much talking directly to him. That was pretty cool. After the falling out with the band and the legal disagreements about song-rights that followed, I believe he turned his focus to psychology. I think three of the other former EtX members went on to form Exhibition?

Heavenly
Wolverine
Andromeda
Mercenary
Sonata Arctica
Masterplan
Helloween
Pain of Salvation (if things change and Daniel will come over...)

Three of the old ETX guys joined Exhibition (Guitars, drums, and keys).

However, the Exhibition album doesn't even compare to any of the Eternity X stuff, especially the Edge.

Sudano..no idea what he's up to!

Day 1:
Anubis Gate
Enchant
Dead Soul Tribe
Pagan's Mind
Symphony X

Day 2:
Suncaged
Chromeshift (yeah we can all dream)
Magnitude 9 (yeah dreaming again)
Brainstorm
Everygrey--they deserve a headline spot, and a big FUCK YOU to everyone who says they have played here too many times already--IMHO, they should play every year.

I know that they pissed a lot of people off last year, but I would really like to see Nightwish come back as well--from what I hear a lot of the tour problems were the fault of the promoters and not them.

Barking Pumpkin said:
They changed the policy as far as I know. A bunch of people emailed Daniel when it happened.
Yes, now self-important people named Daniel will be required to submit to a full cavity search upon arriving in the US.:D

That was for you J-Dub...:headbang:

TheWhisper said:
Yes, now self-important people named Daniel will be required to submit to a full cavity search upon arriving in the US.:D

That was for you J-Dub...:headbang:

Thanks! :D

Don't forget the big fingers & even bigger rings on the examiner! :Spin:

My dream ProgPower line-up:

FRIDAY:
Elemental Force (start off the festival with a bang)
Destiny's Wings
Caliburn Fire (oddball band)
Necromancer (great "true" 80's-style metal)
de Medeci (Gianni de Medeci's new album is stunning!)

SATURDAY:
Holy Grail
Iron Forge (cheesy but fun)
Infinity Divine (move over, Pagan's Mind!)
Sixth Seraphim
Field of Vision (the LEGENDS reunite!!!) :worship:

Bands who will have a new album this year or early next who are due for a prog power visit include
DragonForce (omfg heard some demos of new album... if they can reproduce that sound live it will rip people's faces off!)
Heavenly
Helloween (they'll proably be doing a US tour anyways)
Vision Divine
Rhapsody
Edguy
Symphony X (will have been 3 years :(~~~~)
After Forever
I always love Pain of Salvation but I doubt they'll have a new album by then... but you never know.

Granted, having ALL of these bands would require a ridiculous budget but several of these bands are overdue for a prog power slot.

oh damn I forgot Sonata Arctica, however they'll be touring in the US in Winter-spring of 06 anyways so I doubt they'd be coming back so soon unless they're planning to release a new album immediately upon returning home.

Anyone who remembers any of my posts from years past knows that I am a Watchtower fanatic and that they are at the top of my list of bands that I want to see at PPVII. One thing that I think would be really cool for PPVII (and only for this time) would be to have all American bands play. Granted, in general Europe has better bands but there are also some very good American bands who are often overlooked and have been for a long time. I think that it would be nice for one festival to give them a chance in the spotlight. I would like to see a mix of old, underground bands with some newer bands.

Here is my list (starting with the openers):

Friday:
1. Defyance
2. Aska
3. Watchtower (imho, the most deserving band on this list of playing at the festival)
4. Anacrusis (a wishful reunion - I doubt it would happen)
5. Manowar

Saturday:
1. Zero Hour
2. Cirith Ungol (a very wishful reunion)
3. Jacob's Dream (another very deserving band - they just released another great album)
4. John Arch (give him a 1.5 hour headliner spot - this forces him to play some old Fates Warning :p )
5. Dream Theater (but don't announce them until after the tickets have sold out)

I hate to say it, if this was the lineup, I would probably skip the year. Other than Manowar and Dream Theater, I'd know nobody coming.
J

wayland smithers said:
Running Wild
Royal Hunt
Pagans Mind
Gamma Ray
Masterplan
Firewind
Morgana Lefay
Thunderstone
Pretty Maids
Biomechanical

Really, and I think many will agree with me on this, that there are very few big names to headline that have never before and I think Running Wild would be perfect. Would also love to see grave Digger in there.

Revising my line-up:

Beyond Twilight
Pyramaze
Sieges Even
Arcturus
Savage Circus
Mercenary
THE RETURN OF THE ALMIGHTY HEVYDEVY!!!!
Evergrey
a band I don't like or am indifferent to
Pain of Salvation

As for the pre-party...4 words...