Requests for VII?

FatesFan said:
I would love to see:

Cea Serin
Karelia
Dionysus

There is three, I think I'll pace myself.
Cea Serin, INMHO would be the greatest act to play PPVII and then add that to possibly PYRAMAZE, OUTWORLD, LANFEAR, DIVERCIA, and TAROT, and possibly FORGOTTEN TALES, BLACK MAJESTY, and what have you got??? Well i think a great start to a fabulous PP. But that is just my opinion. BUT CEA SERIN would rule.

I emphatically second Sonata Arctica, as I have deemed it an unfit life should I die before seeing them.

I also put my vote in in this order for this page's poll:
Nocturnal Rites
Karelia
Dionysus
Pyramaze
Black Majesty

i think i'll just add my ultimate package here. who knows? dreams do come true ... ;)

enchant
enchant
pain of salvation
kamelot
flower kings
queensryche
symphony x
did i already mention enchant? :D
conception ... ok, they played this year. but it's my dream, right? :p

enki3600 said:
I emphatically second Sonata Arctica, as I have deemed it an unfit life should I die before seeing them.

I also put my vote in in this order for this page's poll:
Nocturnal Rites
Karelia
Dionysus
Pyramaze
Black Majesty

Yes....yes....yes.................:cool:

Valhallen said:
Symphony X (ditto for bailing on the Atlanta Gigantor show)

Easy on that word "bail." When your tour-bus driver gets extremely ill, you don't have much of a choice; you're stranded.

I was all set to blame SOMEONE -- anyone! -- for them not playing the Atlanta show, and must admit I was ruefully mad at myself after I found out the real, and reasonable, cause for their absence.

Andromeda--Provided that they put out their new album sometime soon, these guys would slay! Johan Reinholdz is a very underrated talent, and "II=I" was one of the best prog releases of the last five years.

Archetype--I saw them at the Chicago Powerfest this year, and they kicked all forms of ass! They have major crossover appeal for fans of power, progressive, and even death metal.

Artension--This band doesn't get mentioned enough on this forum. The best band of overplayers that hasn't played a single show. It would be awesome to make ProgPower their debut!

Attention Deficit--This fest needs an instrumental act! I don't know how well this band would fare, but they're certainly progressive.

Crimson Glory--After seeing Conception, I believe that anything's possible.

Eidolon--Quite possibly the heaviest power metal band on the planet. Their next album should make a few waves, especially with Nils K. Rue on vocals.

Freak Kitchen--They could be the Pink Cream 69 of next year's fest. Awesome musicians, great satirical lyrics, and heavy grooves.

Ion Vein--Representing Chicago! They haven't played since the first show! Their new material is their heaviest yet. They'd make a great opener.

On a final note, my band would love to play the kick-off party. We're called Vulture. You can check out a couple of our songs at www.myspace.com/vulturechicago. I encourage everyone to check it out. We should have a couple more songs up within the next month.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Freak Kitchen might be the Pink Cream 69 of this year, but they kick PC69's asses so bad it's not even funny. *generic insult* :loco:

My "at the moment, this would be the coolest PP ever" list:

Andromeda
Within Temptation
Threshold
Pain of Salvation
Helloween

Suspyre
Imagika
Evergrey
Morgana Lefay
Gammaray

edit: Alternates would be HAMMERFALL, Rhaposdy, Eidolon, Mercenary,
and ... and... oh how about Freak Kitchen only because so many people
want to see this band so much. I know nothing of them. Quick, someone
point me to where I can hear their music!!! :Spin: (hey, didn't he spin the
other way before?)

Barking Pumpkin said:
Freak Kitchen might be the Pink Cream 69 of this year, but they kick PC69's asses so bad it's not even funny. *generic insult* :loco:

Apples & Oranges here, but I can not resist the urge to keep Freak Kitchen's
name alive as a possible PPVII band. I think a lot of people would really enjoy them, and I KNOW they want to play the festival.......:headbang:

Pre-party

BRAINSTORM - Andy's been here 2 in a row, if Glenn doesnt use them on the on the main, they would be a perfect headliner at the pre-party

URBAN BREED (acoustic) - he'll be here anyway, why not put him to work! He can do some rare Tad Morose songs (then maybe I can convince him to play "In The Shadows"), some covers (Rainbow!) and maybe some of his solo stuff he's been working on

THEOCRACY - not sure if Matt has any kind of band together so if he just wants to get up there and play for us that would rule!

ION VEIN - Lotesto will also be there anyway so we can just get the rest of the band to come and put him to work too

Prog Power

Not an actual lineup, just a bunch of bands I'd love to see. I'll definately be there if ANY of these bands play!

PRIMAL FEAR
THUNDERSTONE
MASTERPLAN
GAMMA RAY
NIGHTINGALE
AXEL RUDI PELL
CORNERSTONE
GOTTHARD
FIREWIND
BLIND GUARDIAN
DREAM EVIL

Gotta throw these in also:

Pantommind
SunCaged
Fates Warning
Lana Lane
Stream of Passion
Dead Soul Tribe (with a Psychotic Waltz guest appearance)
Last Crack
Prymary
Silent Force (or DC Cooper on the main stage this time)

Second (or third or fourth, if you will) on Redemption

The Triumph suggestion is an interesting one, as they would fit into the festival, and were a KILLER live band back in the day. But it will never, ever happen in a billion years because of the financial situation that went down between Rik Emmit and the other two guys. But I agree, Triumph slayed.

However, here's an interesting thought for a reunion band: Testament! They've played some live shows this year with the original line up, and the one I saw in VA was amazing. They didn't play that many shows, however, so it's not like they recently toured the US or anything. Something to consider, anyway.

After listening to these CDs a lot over the last week, I'd like to see Presto Ballet, Avian and Cea Serin at either the pre-party or on the main stage...

dt