Requests for VII?

mtlheart said:
You're absolutely correct. There was even some debate which of the two it would have been. I can't really imagine Rhapsody being more expensive than other bands that have been to PP. Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Blind Guardian etc. are the same calibur as Rhapsody. Extra musicians shouldn't be a factor, because they didn't use them on the tour with Manowar.

They used one guest musician on the tour with Manowar, unless Dominick has become the 6th unannounced member of Rhapsody. As far as I know he is still used as the live performer in the band. He wasn't even in the video for Unholy Warcry, although he had his own "thank you" on the POTD Cd. Strange, not sure what to think of it.

I doubt Manowar would have ever played Progpower. I doubt they would even do a signing, unless Glenn agreed that the only way to meet them was to pay 80 dollars extra. o_O (they did at earthshaker).

Anyway, if it was either of them, then it was probably Rhapsody since Glenn tried to get them before at an earlier Progpower, if I read right in that interview I mentioned in an earlier post. But now that they're under Demaio's label, I'm sure that will be tough. I hope something can be worked out in the near future. Seeing them there would be amazing.

Helloween,Sonata Arctica,Mob Rules,Dragonforce,Elvenking,Falconer,Masterplan,Ensiferum or Winterson,Amorphis,Mago de Oz,Tierra Santa,Heavenly,Dark Moor,Freedom Call. :headbang: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :headbang:

Battlelore
Veni Domine
Mercenary
Gamma Ray
Nightwish

Beyond Twilight
Crematory
Demons & Wizards
Hollenthon
Rhapsody

Pre-Party
Avian (for real this time)
Overlorde
Meyvn (from Austin, TX)
somebody special...pay attention Shane!!! :headbang:

damn for Imagika in there somewhere!!

Force10 said:
Ok, this could be the silliest suggestion yet. I'm not usually too keen on these "reunion" ideas, but the Conception gig was pretty cool. How about one of the absolute pioneers of the prog/power genre (heck they even have an album entitled "Progressions of Power", Canada's premier (if it weren't for Rush) power trio, Triumph.

I never was fortunate enough to see them in concert back in the day...
That my friend would be completely incredible! I've seen them twice US Festival and with BOC, Journey and Aldo Nova. And caught Rik Emmet on a solo tour a few years back. :headbang: :headbang:

I noticed that a lot of people seem to forget that this is a Prog AND Power metal festival, and suggest only 10 power metal bands... We need more variety folks =)

TX Metal Cowboy said:
Pre-Party
Avian (for real this time)
Overlorde
Meyvn (from Austin, TX)

Overlorde!? HELL YEAH!!! They'd blow the roof off the Vinyl! They'd probably damage Center Stage as well.

:bah: yeah, that's right - I called it Center Stage. I refuse to call it by it's 'commercial' name... even though I'm a new Earthlink subscriber :oops:

Well, without the search function, and not currently wanting to go thru every page to see if someone has mentioned them... if so, just add another tally to the vote...

DIVERCIA

They are such a sweet sweet mix of Power, melody and Progression, I would dare think that they be a possible 'poster child' for what ProgPower is!

WOW, i just listened to Divercia, i had never hear them much less heard OF them. I was very much impressed, so impressed in fact a ordered it right away, i can't wait to get it and spin it a few times, hell a few hundred times. Thanks enki3600 for the recommend. Check them out at www.divercia.com

TheWhisper said:
Didn't Glenn say he tried to get the Russell Allen/Jorn Lande thing lined up, but it didn't work out...or was it all just the voices in my head again.

You are correct.

I would love to see:

Cea Serin
Karelia
Dionysus

There is three, I think I'll pace myself.

Symphony X (ditto for bailing on the Atlanta Gigantor show)
Masterplan
Russ Allen/Jorn Lande
Pagan's Mind
Sonata Arctica
Nocturnal Rites
Tarot
Threshold (I would love to hear the Subsurface album live!!!)
Vandan Plas
Virgin Steele

I don't understand why some people have made request for bigger bands that tour all the time in the US to play at PPVII like: Fates Warning, Dream Theater, Nevermore, Opeth, Iced Earth, etc. I think the event should feature more lesser known bands that need the exposure, IMO.

Valhallen said:
Symphony X (ditto for bailing on the Atlanta Gigantor show)
Masterplan
Russ Allen/Jorn Lande
Pagan's Mind
Sonata Arctica
Nocturnal Rites
Tarot
Threshold (I would love to hear the Subsurface album live!!!)
Vandan Plas
Virgin Steele

Aside from not being familiar with Nocturnal rights, that's the perfect show :headbang: