I'll play...

Pre Show (VA/MD allstars):
Odin's Court
Brave
Division
and...
Circus Maximus!

Fri

Jag Panzer (the rip your balls off opener...)
Poverty's No Crime
Mercenary
Virgin Steele
Masterplan

Sat

Spheric Universe Experience
Lee Z
Savage Circus
Evergrey
Rhapsody

I imagine Lee Z and Poverty's No Crime are wishful thinking on my part. Not sure if Masterplan rates a headliner yet either. And even though Virgin Steele rules and has been around forever, they didn't draw flies at Jaxx a couple years ago so I'm not sure how/where/if they fit in here.

13ShadesOfGrey - I had no idea anyone else on this board liked Last Crack, I wish I could find their album somewhere, I only have two tracks from their website.

:) I've been a fan for ages. Ben also admires them, so now there are three. :headbang:

They've got a couple of studio demo tracks in the download section, and it looks like a limited number of Burning Time cds are still available in the Merchandise section. My copy is kept in a very safe place ;) Actually gonna be spinning them tonight during my show, lol.

!!! OK, THIS IS IT PEOPLE !!!

Pre-Party:
Deicide – Acoustic Set.
Metallica – Country Versions set.
Iron Maiden – Playing “Nelson” covers.
Children of Bodom (with britney spears on vocals)
Pink Floyd (please Glenn give them a chance… I know they are begging to play)
;-p

Virgin Steele (are you saying Jag Panzer are underrated?... how about them!... they kick some major ASSSssss)
Rhapsody (Like Empress said; maybe Luca´s band would be more real)
Azeroth (From Argentina… do they still exist? Anyone knows?)
Catharsis (From Russia… Arida Vortex would be cool also)
Dark Moor (From Spain… better with Lisa, but good enough with current lineup)
Saratoga (From Spain… Spanish Lyrics)
Lost Horizon (Are they still in business?)
Threshold (YES AGAIN)
Running Wild
Nightwish (And Again, Again, and Again)

Hm....

Dragon Force
Primal Fear
Running Wild
Force of Evil
Angeles del Infierno
Magos de Oz
Jeff Scott Soto
Mystic Prophecy
Rob Rock
Galloglass
Revoltons
Inner Wish
Athena
Dream Evil
Sinergy
Human Fortress
Burning Point
Kotipelto
Andromeda
Alas
Racer X
Lana Lane

Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Zero Hour
Fates Warning
Nightwish
Nocturnal Rites
Anathema
Pain Of Salvation
Symphony X
Ephel Duath
Redemption
Prymary

Now thats a show I can get behind!!

Show starts at 4:30 6 bands each night hehe

:devil:

:headbang:

Locust0311 said:
I'll play...

Pre Show (VA/MD allstars):
Odin's Court
Brave
Division
and...
Circus Maximus!

Fri

Jag Panzer (the rip your balls off opener...)
Poverty's No Crime
Mercenary
Virgin Steele
Masterplan

Sat

Spheric Universe Experience
Lee Z
Savage Circus
Evergrey
Rhapsody

I imagine Lee Z and Poverty's No Crime are wishful thinking on my part. Not sure if Masterplan rates a headliner yet either. And even though Virgin Steele rules and has been around forever, they didn't draw flies at Jaxx a couple years ago so I'm not sure how/where/if they fit in here.

Dude!! I LOVE your pre-party suggestion! That is awesome! Where in VA are you? Are you coming to the Kamelot show we are playing @ Jaxx on Nov. 17?

Gosh, this is fun! So many factors to consider (who is available, not prohibitively expensive, enjoyed by the promoter, etc.)!

I would have to guess that G.H. is going to make a push for Stream of Passion for the following reasons:

1. Arjen has never, to the best of my knowledge, played the States before, thereby making a ProgPower gig an event.
2. Past touring has been limited by the sheer quantity of singers involved with the Ayreon albums. Stream of Passion does not have that problem, nor is it a "side project" for people like LaBrie, Russell Allen, Floor Jansen, etc. who have other bands (and their attendant schedules) as their first priority.
3. Arjen's name and reputation are such that it would guarantee excitement amongst at least the prog side of the ProgPower community.

Now there may be other factors that I haven't considered (Glenn hates SoP/Arjen, things don't work out with the band timing-wise, etc.), but if I had to put money on one band playing PP VII, it would be them.

Andy Laudano said:
Pre-party

URBAN BREED (acoustic) - he'll be here anyway, why not put him to work! He can do some rare Tad Morose songs (then maybe I can convince him to play "In The Shadows"), some covers (Rainbow!) and maybe some of his solo stuff he's been working on

I met Urban for the first time this year. A great and very talented guy for sure.

I would like doing a few songs with him at the pre-party or something. And not using an acoustic either. Maybe do some cool non-Overlorde, non-instrumental stuff.

Hmm, speaking of instrumentals, maybe if time allowed and I could prepare before hand (it has been 6+ years since I have performed my instrumentals), I could dust off my old ONE MAN SHOW. For those of you who bought my instrumental CD at Progpower, that as all programmed drums and bass using a Roland R-70 drum machine. I used to play those songs out live using the drum machine as the backup band.

Wounded Land said:
Gosh, this is fun! So many factors to consider (who is available, not prohibitively expensive, enjoyed by the promoter, etc.)!

I would have to guess that G.H. is going to make a push for Stream of Passion for the following reasons:

1. Arjen has never, to the best of my knowledge, played the States before, thereby making a ProgPower gig an event.
2. Past touring has been limited by the sheer quantity of singers involved with the Ayreon albums. Stream of Passion does not have that problem, nor is it a "side project" for people like LaBrie, Russell Allen, Floor Jansen, etc. who have other bands (and their attendant schedules) as their first priority.
3. Arjen's name and reputation are such that it would guarantee excitement amongst at least the prog side of the ProgPower community.

Now there may be other factors that I haven't considered (Glenn hates SoP/Arjen, things don't work out with the band timing-wise, etc.), but if I had to put money on one band playing PP VII, it would be them.

You forgot the fact that Stream of Passion kicks major amounts of ass. I would love to help sponsoring this band and/or Riverside next year. Glenn, we need to talk! LOL

Yessssss...!! Finally someone agreeees with me!! If not Rhapsody... get:

Luuuuuucaaaa Turilli!!!!! That would be amazing!!

Empress said:
Yeah, Dark Moor with Elisa.. reunion, please!!

GALLOGLASS RULES!

Edit:
Never met anyone who also knows Forgotten Tales!! :headbang:
Galloglass and Forgotten Tales are two of my favorites, they would be great for PPVII.:headbang:

- Enchant (this generation's Rush ... deserves a spot ... would slay)
- Pain of Salvation (my favorite from years past)
- Helloween (imagine the setlist!)
- Sonata Arctica (glad to see them in a lot of people's posts ... maybe this year is the year?)
- Shadow Gallery (a boy can dream...)
- Ten (best AOR band ever ... are they even around anymore?)

- Any special guest
- a couple bands from http://www.intromental.com/management/bands.html

FRIDAY
- Olimpos Mons
- Epica
- Galneryus (great japanese band)
- Dragonforce
- Kamelot (would be great to see Simone Simons/ Kahn singing "the haunting", and Mark Jansen(epica) replacing Shagrath in "march of mephisto")

SATURDAY
- Heavenly
- Forgotten Tales
- Catharsis (from Russia)
- Stream of Passion
- Rhapsody or Nightwish

Alternates:
- Labyrinth
- Lunatica
- Odyssea
- Orion Riders
- Athlantis