Roy says hello to the doubters...

He actually wore a shirt that would make him look like he had sleeve tats? Wow the band should have booted his ass that day.
I recall an episode of Headbanger's ball with either Danzig or Megadeth where they were goofing on Ricky for wearing rubber barbwire bracelets.
I could never get into Khan, think that is one of the biggest reasons I cannot stand Kamelot; they are a good band but that dude was totally mono-toned. Also there was something about his Affliction model look that was a bit unnerving.

As long as he's happy, says I.

This. I know that his exit from Kamelot really screwed some people over, so it's hard for me to be 100% sympathetic to him, but I have to admire the strength of his convictions. He walked away from a very well paying gig because of that small, still voice inside him. I'm not sure I'd have the strength of character to do the same.

This. I know that his exit from Kamelot really screwed some people over, so it's hard for me to be 100% sympathetic to him, but I have to admire the strength of his convictions. He walked away from a very well paying gig because of that small, still voice inside him. I'm not sure I'd have the strength of character to do the same.
Bamafan... this makes me curious. Just as something of a thought experiment, would your admiration for him be the same had he joined the Church of Scientology?

would your admiration for him be the same had he joined the Church of Scientology?

Not to go completely off topic, but I know a lady who's a scientologist and she was actually pretty normal. I was kind of shocked she was into scientology, but the truth is that they actually have some normal well-adjusted people in there. Now, snakehandlers...

Understood. It doesn't necessarily have to be the Church of Scientology. The same question would be applicable if asked about Nuwaubianism, Church of All Worlds, Mormonism, etc.

Glad I re-read the last church...first read, thought it said Moronism....

He actually wore a shirt that would make him look like he had sleeve tats? Wow the band should have booted his ass that day.
As image-conscious as Thomas is about Kamelot, I doubt it was something that Roy did unilaterally.

As image-conscious as Thomas is about Kamelot, I doubt it was something that Roy did unilaterally.

That makes it no better if it was a band agreed upon thing. HAHA That just makes them all seem just as goofy then and Khan would then be a tool. Seriously faking tats come on now, that is no different than a sock in the pants (some of you will get the inside joke there).

Bamafan... this makes me curious. Just as something of a thought experiment, would your admiration for him be the same had he joined the Church of Scientology?

Good question. Knowing what I do about L Ron Hubbard, I probably wouldn't be quite as impressed. Of course, I wouldn't have been as impressed if Roy joined the Westboro Baptist Church either.

That makes it no better if it was a band agreed upon thing. HAHA That just makes them all seem just as goofy then and Khan would then be a tool. Seriously faking tats come on now, that is no different than a sock in the pants (some of you will get the inside joke there).
I completely agree that it's silly, but neither of us lies in Kamelot's target demographic. For better or worse, Thomas knows what type of crowd has solidified Kamelot's status, and he doesn't shy away from that, be it in the band's image, their setlist choices, or the direction new material has gone in.

That said, the fake tattoos really are ridiculous...it makes the later, goth-focused theme look like a good idea.

I'm wondering if he still accepts the royalties from the Kamelot releases?

He performed on the records, so yes he gets performance (or mechanical) royalties for having done so. Technically if he wasn't receiving them for any non-contractual reason he could probably sue the band.

I don't see why he couldn't still keep on rocking . Maybe he should give Rob Rock a call.

It's happened before. Guy Speranza left Riot and rock music altogether after he found Jesus. After he died, his daughter was quoted as saying she didn't even know that he was in a rock band, and that she found it hard to believe that he could have ever played rock music.

Not to go completely off topic, but I know a lady who's a scientologist and she was actually pretty normal. I was kind of shocked she was into scientology, but the truth is that they actually have some normal well-adjusted people in there. Now, snakehandlers...

I don't think the Church of Scientology would care. Isn't Billy Sheehan a member? I think they like high profile, wealthy members.

Not to go completely off topic, but I know a lady who's a scientologist and she was actually pretty normal. I was kind of shocked she was into scientology, but the truth is that they actually have some normal well-adjusted people in there.

No. They don't.
What they DO have are crazy people who can fool others into thinking they are normal.

All religions are Clown Shoes...but scientology is even goofier than most. Right up there with Mormons. But before the topic gets totally derailed...

It was obvious that the guy was devoted to his music and his fans, but he had some kind of life changing experience...one that overthrew his desire to keep going in that life. He made the hard decision, pissed a lot of people off, and made enemies of people who were his supporters and friends. All in the name of fighting to find his true purpose.

Good for him.

I completely agree that it's silly, but neither of us lies in Kamelot's target demographic. For better or worse, Thomas knows what type of crowd has solidified Kamelot's status, and he doesn't shy away from that, be it in the band's image, their setlist choices, or the direction new material has gone in.

That said, the fake tattoos really are ridiculous...it makes the later, goth-focused theme look like a good idea.

i could not have said it better; no I was not going to suggest that maybe proggy power metal fans were the kind of goobers that would were fake tats.
Ok I'm going to leave this alone and not share the hundreds of jokes running through my head. But I would like to quote Manowar at this time and say, "wimps and posers leave the hall"