Rush fans?

If you look at my last.fm profile, you'll see that Rush is the most played band in my collection by far. I love just about everything they've done, and I won't even try to rate their albums anymore. If I were to pick a favorite, it would be "Hold Your Fire".

1 2112
2 Hemispheres
3 A Farewell To Kings
4 Moving Pictures
5 Fly By Night
6 Caress of Steel
7 Permanent Waves
8 S/T
9 Signals

To quote grogg above,
"After this point Rush ceased to exist"
I put Signals in cuz there's enough there I like to include it, can't put Grace Under Pressure for it contains only one stellar song, Distant Early Warning.

My Rush fandom consist of segments, I don't like their whole discography. So my list will be something like this:

1. 2112
  2. A Farawell To Kings
  3. Hemispheres
  4. Signals
  5. Moving Pictures
  6. Permanent Waves
  7. Counterparts
  8. Caress Of Steel
  9. Fly By Night
  10. Test For Echo
  11. Hold Your Fire
  12. Snakes & Arrows
  13. Grace Under Pressure

I'm not including the great "Exit Stage...Left" because I never put live albums in my lists.

I can't disagree with anything anyone has said here, but am I am I the only one who loves Roll The Bones? It ain't 2112, Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, etc., but I have always thought it was among the great albums they did and I am always pleasantly surprised at how good an album it is every time I put it on.

It's a bit behind most of the other recent CDs IMO, in part because of their pretty blatant attempt to include some rap (back then it was the 'hip new thing') in a Rush song....which didn't work too well.

--Worse, when they did "Roll the Bones" live, they were invariably several seconds 'off' between their performance and the backing video screen...not just on that tour, but on nearly every tour thereafter. I can see a smaller band not meshing up that well with a video or a click-track, but....Rush?!

But that's just my opinion. Facts, however, are facts from Rome to Nome, boy! :heh:

my list goes as follows:
1. Hemispheres
2. Power Windows
3. Farewell to Kings
4. 2112
5. Fly by Night
6. Rush
7. Moving Pictures
8. Permanent Waves
9. Signals
10. Hold Your Fire
11. Presto