Rush

1) Saw it in the theater a few weeks back. Loved it. Wanted more. ;) The old footage is great, and the band commentary is priceless for a Rush fan like me (big fan since mid 70's, have every disc (and all vinyl up through Power Windows), but not a 'fanboy'.)

2) 2112, Caress of Steel, Hemispheres, Counterparts, with special mention to Presto, Hold Your Fire, and Power Windows, because they don't seem to get much love. No way I could pick three. It's killing me just to type the above, because I keep thinking of special moments from each album. More than pretty much any band, this has been the music of my life since around '76.

I'm looking forward to owning the DVD, and checking out deleted scenes/extras that might be included.

I'm pissed! I picked it up today at Best Buy, finally got home, took it out of the case, put it in my dvd player, only to find it it is blu ray, and I am one of the few people left who doesn't own a blu ray player yet or anything to play it on. Then, I looked up online at bestbuy.com to find out that they only have it available in the stores in blu ray, at least the ones here in the dallas area. I guess I'll just have to hold onto it and watch it once I eventually get a blu ray player. It doesn't say on it anywhere that it is blu ray and most blu rays have it written to where you can at least see it, it just looked like your normal every day dvd case.

I'm pissed! I picked it up today at Best Buy, finally got home, took it out of the case, put it in my dvd player, only to find it it is blu ray, and I am one of the few people left who doesn't own a blu ray player yet or anything to play it on. Then, I looked up online at bestbuy.com to find out that they only have it available in the stores in blu ray, at least the ones here in the dallas area. I guess I'll just have to hold onto it and watch it once I eventually get a blu ray player. It doesn't say on it anywhere that it is blu ray and most blu rays have it written to where you can at least see it, it just looked like your normal every day dvd case.

Did you try to return it? Something like that, Best Buy would accept a return with. I did it once years ago when I got a dvd in fullscreen when I wanted widescreen. I do think you can get the dvd though. I think the special package with the t-shirt is with the dvd.

Out of curiosity, how much is the blu-ray? I'm thinking of grabbing it this week.

WTF? I'm in the same boat.......looks like there is NOTHING on the case, no wait, a very light bluray symbol near the UPC....
We'll see what BB says tomorrow....Great.... :(

1) Apparently I must see/buy this documentary. Sounds fantastic.

2)
i) Presto. I can't believe no one is ranking this in there top 3. Show Don't Tell, THE PASS, Presto, Available Light. Red Tide, Chain Lightning, Anagram, War Paint ... amazing filler.
ii) Permanent Waves. Spirit and Freewill are incredible, but Entre Nous is an oft-forgotten uber-gem.
iii) Counterparts. Even if you removed my top three favorite songs (Nobody's Hero, COLD FIRE, Between Sun & Moon) it would still be one of their best.

Cool, Amazon shipped my copy of the DVD early today....now I'm wondering if I'm getting the regular or the Blu-Ray...

Presto wouldn't be in my Top 3, but it sure wouldn't be 'downrated' by me either. Great disc for the reasons/songs you cited.

Saw the Documentary at the theater, caught it again on TV, picked up the DVD yesterday (with bonus shirt) and saw the best show so far this year last night!

I'm going to post the set list for those that care in here instead of starting a new thread about Rush....

****spoiler alert****

Set 1:

01. The Spirit Of Radio
02. Time Stand Still
03. Presto
04. Stick It Out
05. Leave That Thing Alone
06. Workin' Them Angels
07. Faithless
08. BU2B
09. Freewill
10. Marathon
11. Subdivisions

Set 2:

12. Tom Sawyer
13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye WOOHOO! :tickled:
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs
19. Caravan
20. Love 4 Sale
21. Closer To The Heart
22. 2112 Overture / Temples Of Syrinx
23. Far Cry

Encore:

24. La Villa Strangiato
25. Working Man

I plan on trying to return it. They were out of the one with the t-shirt so I grabbed the one next to it, the only other version they had of it. It was $16.99 so I definitely assumed it was just the normal dvd, I wouldn't expect a blu-ray to be that cheap even on sale for something just coming out. Would they let me return it after already being opened? I hope they let me return it at a different store, as there is one next door to where my second job is and I'm going in tonight, and they show they have the one with the t-shirt in stock.

Got the DVD yesterday....watched the extras as I had already seen the doc at the theater.

I would always rank "All The World's A Stage" #1, but I know you're not supposed to include live albums, so I would say...
1) Moving Pictures
2) A Farewell To Kings
3) Hemispheres

I plan on trying to return it. They were out of the one with the t-shirt so I grabbed the one next to it, the only other version they had of it. It was $16.99 so I definitely assumed it was just the normal dvd, I wouldn't expect a blu-ray to be that cheap even on sale for something just coming out. Would they let me return it after already being opened? I hope they let me return it at a different store, as there is one next door to where my second job is and I'm going in tonight, and they show they have the one with the t-shirt in stock.

I've noticed lately that blu-rays are becoming a lot cheaper than they used to be. On Amazon especially it seems a lot of blu-rays are cheaper or equal to their dvd counterparts.

Saw the Documentary at the theater, caught it again on TV, picked up the DVD yesterday (with bonus shirt) and saw the best show so far this year last night!

I'm going to post the set list for those that care in here instead of starting a new thread about Rush....

****spoiler alert****

set 1:

01. The Spirit Of Radio
02. Time Stand Still
03. Presto
04. Stick It Out
05. Leave That Thing Alone
06. Workin' Them Angels
07. Faithless
08. BU2B
09. Freewill
10. Marathon
11. Subdivisions

Set 2:

12. Tom Sawyer
13. Red Barchetta
14. YYZ
15. Limelight
16. The Camera Eye WOOHOO! :tickled:
17. Witch Hunt
18. Vital Signs
19. Caravan
20. Love 4 Sale
21. Closer To The Heart
22. 2112 Overture / Temples Of Syrinx
23. Far Cry

Encore:

24. La Villa Strangiato
25. Working Man

GREAT set list!! I'll be getting tickets for the local show.

GREAT set list!! I'll be getting tickets for the local show.

I work with a Rush FANATIC (he's seen them 54 times live), and he hates the setlist..... His beef is that, for the vast majority, these are songs they have played the last several tours, whereas the "Time Machine" tour was supposed to be all about breaking out some very rusty material....

Personally, I have not seen them since the "Roll the Bones" tour, so I'm OK with it....

This will definitely be fun!

I work with a Rush FANATIC (he's seen them 54 times live), and he hates the setlist..... His beef is that, for the vast majority, these are songs they have played the last several tours, whereas the "Time Machine" tour was supposed to be all about breaking out some very rusty material....

Personally, I have not seen them since the "Roll the Bones" tour, so I'm OK with it....

This will definitely be fun!

I don't know, I've seen a few songs that haven't been in the lineup for a while. "Marathon" hasn't been played live since the "Presto" tour. "Presto" has never been played live. "Stick It Out" hasn't made an appearance since the "Test For Echo" tour.

The only thing that we knew we were going to get was all of Moving Pictures played. Considering that a good amount of that album was well worn (with the exception of "The Camera Eye", which hasn't been played in a long time, and "Vital Signs", which made a return on the last tour), there wasn't going to be a huge amount of new songs. Personally, I like the setlist, particularly since Marathon is my most favorite of Rush songs.