Scientific Analysis Proves Prog/Power Metal Is Gayest

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
I know you clicked on this thinking this a trolling thread, but it's not. Actual research (about 5 minutes worth) went into this. It's scientific fact.

The study came about during a conversation in the Seismic Radio channel, and no less than two (2) current and ex ProgPower sponsors were involved. The actual theory, however, was 100% thought up by me.

Here it is.

Jim's Theory of Homosexual Prevalence In Prog/Power Metal

1 in 10 people are gay.

The average number of people in a metal band is 4, so there would be an average of 1 gay musician in every 2.5 bands.

Prog and power metal bands usually have 5 or 6 band members in them, so there will be an average of 1 gay musician for every 2.0 or even 1.6 bands.

So there would be a higher rate of homosexuals in prog and power metal bands than metal bands of other styles. As many as 60% more!

Therefore, power and prog metal *IS* in fact more gay than your average style of heavy metal.

Jim LotFP said:
Prog and power metal bands usually have 5 or 6 band members in them, so there will be an average of 1 gay musician for every 2.0 or even 1.6 bands.
Unless Manowar is on the bill, then the ratios go up exponentially. :D

TheWhisper said:
Unless Manowar is on the bill, then the ratios go up exponentially. :D

The other day I had an argument with a kid that would say Sonata Arctica was gay and Manowar wasn't.

Okay... Sonata can write about their broken hearts... They can be a little whiny, almost EMO Power Metal (lol) and their music is cheesy. Manowar can look bad ass and fuck 15 groupies a night and drink a lot of beer. Bottom line is...

There is NOTHING as gay as going on stage wearing leather "speedos" :tickled:

So does that mean, if i listen to power metal, Im gay? Cuz Im pretty sure im not.

As long as you have less than 9 straight friends, you're okay. :lol:

SCIENCE!
2113.jpg

Where does the 1/10 "statistic" come from anyway? I know religious organizations refute it........haven't really researched it though. That would mean there are 30 million gay people in the US, which doesn't really seem accurate to me.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Where does the 1/10 "statistic" come from anyway? I know religious organizations refute it........haven't really researched it though. That would mean there are 30 million gay people in the US, which doesn't really seem accurate to me.

Does the 30 million figure really not seem accurate, or does it just weird you out that there are that many of them out there?

10% is always the number thrown out, but I have no idea how anyone could know. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that number was too low. Don't really know...don't really care...none of my business.

Doesn't that just mean that prog and power metal fans are generally happier than fans of other styles of music? Oh, you mean THAT gay...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Jim LotFP said:
I know you clicked on this thinking this a trolling thread, but it's not. Actual research (about 5 minutes worth) went into this. It's scientific fact.

If scientists tested you they would quickly come to a conclusion that you need a life.

Bryant