Anyone go to prog power, for prog?

Originally posted by Wandrail
I am a massive BG fan, and it was all I wanted to see them hammer out those songs in the way they did, with passion and precision.

I really thought they could have worked on the "precision" factor a bit, especially compared to the two bands they were playing between. Edguy and Pain of Salvation were DEAD on throughout their entire sets; I thought Blind Guardian could have been better. (though I might not have noticed if it weren't for so many other bands at the festival being completely razor-sharp live).

Ryan

Originally posted by Se7enChurches
I really thought they could have worked on the "precision" factor a bit, especially compared to the two bands they were playing between. Edguy and Pain of Salvation were DEAD on throughout their entire sets; I thought Blind Guardian could have been better. (though I might not have noticed if it weren't for so many other bands at the festival being completely razor-sharp live).

At the risk of being accused of sacrilege, I was disappointed in BG's set (partially because I didn't think Hansi sounded up to snuff). But from what I have heard, they were much better at shows with Symphony X, so I guess maybe ProgPower wasn't as important to them; I don't know. Maybe they were just tired.

Pain of Salvation was indeed dead on and amazing. I like to see bands that can pull off live what they put on their records.

Shaye