Showcase 2008 Band Announcement

Some combination of Pagan's Mind, Nocturnal Rites, Avian, A Lower Deep. I'll let someone else determine the order -- I don't want to be yelled at. :lol:

I'm also on board with those who've suggested Primal Fear and MindFlow as I'm a fan of both bands. :p
Damn right! I would definitely vote for this roster!:headbang:

haha mago de oz! they have some really catchy stuff but i dont know spanish so i think i might tire halfway through their set.
I dunno, might be cool to have lyrics in another language for a change. Works for Finntroll who've tour in the states a few times. I love Tierra Santa, another Spanish speaking band. Sorry I missed their tour in '04.

I agree with a lot on Kenso's list, so copying it and adding a "few" of my own:
id be super excited to see any of the following bands, although most of it is wishful thinking:

threshold
pagans mind
primal fear
**anubis gate**
silent force (or anything with Dc cooper for that matter)
mercenary
nightingale
stratovarius
vanden plas ???
Add returning bands: Firewind, Zero Hour (yea AGAIN!), Dreamscape
And newbies:
Cloudscape, Kius, Last Tribe, Machine Men, Kotipelto, Suspyre, Odin's Court, Penumbra, Platitude, Tarot (I know, but I just can't leave them off), Turisas, Vanishing Point, Icarus Witch, Dark Moor, Axxis and absolutely Nocturnal Rites. There, I think that covers it. :)

Both bands would rock! To hell with what Marcelo thinks!:heh:
No thanks! The last thing we need is that prima donna waltzing around backstage and I'm not talking about Tarja.

Side Note:
LOL. Not to mention all the "Hey, look at me!!!" threads, which get shrewdly disguised by other titles.
And many wear no disguise at all. It's like: "This Thread is All About Me and I Want Everyone to Come Here and Help Me, Discuss Me, Focus On ME!" when they could easily get their questions answered in another thread. I never cease to be amazed at the overwhelming, shameless self absorption so many people have. It's just endless. Pardon the minor rant that's really got nothing to do with this thread, but once rocky brought it up, it was hard to resist. :saint:

To hell what the Manager thinks? Read the book, my friend. ALL contracts need to be signed by TWO people....Tarja AND Marcelo.

Trust me, it won't happen.

I hate to agree with Stingray about something, but this is true. Even if Tarja says "Yes, I had a great time when I was at ProgPower last time, I think this would be a great idea" if her husband says "Nope!" she won't be able to play.

And I'm 99.9% sure her husband would say "Nope!"

:lol: Nice. :D

I'd like to throw in another name for consideration (if Shane reads and considers):
Voodoo Monkey Child

I saw them perform live this weekend, opening for Lydean Sea and Sacred Dawn. I thoroughly enjoyed VMC's set, and their singer has quite the powerful voice.

I'd honestly be happy to see Raintime play in place of all 4 bands. :)

what about Elvenking doing some sort of acoustic set? That would be phenomenal.

I think this is a great idea as well. I lost sleep when I found out I'd missed an acoustic Orphaned Land set and have since vowed never to miss the showcase. It doesn't really have to be Elvenking (though they've got the tracks to prove it'd be something special). A nice, cozy, sit-down-and-bask-in-the-glory acoustic set from on of the bands already in town would be a cheap way to do something unforgettable.

My vote for Showcase:

1. Primal Fear (surprise kick ass set last year!)
2. Nocturnal Rites (latest cd is awesome)
3. Raintime (killer show, killer cds)