Steel Panther- Death to All But Metal

Yep! They play in Vegas a lot! I have seen them several times and they bring out a few rockers and a LOT of the Ed Hardy sideways hat wearing pussy's,so its not as much fun as it should be. Lol! I heard they are working on a movie of the same name and they changed their name due to the "other" Metal Shop band ...they wanted to be differnt. If you can see them go for it...its hilareous!!

^^^^ so I take it you made it to the Sunset gig while you were in CA?:kickass:
next time give us a holler, I'm sure Curufin, Pabla, Mloanna and myself could meet ya up to :kickass::headbang::Smokin:

mëtålspëd;8053098 said:
Sadly I physically could not swing it... it killed me. Curufin was off playing brokeback cowboy in Texas that weekend.... real nice friend, ditch the state as I arrive.

Somewhere there's a "I can't quit you, Drew..." line waiting to be spawned :heh:

I am listening to Metal Shop's Hole Patrol cd on my iPod right now. I LOVE THESE GUYS. Why did they change their name from Metal Skool to Steel Panther? Anybody see them on LA Ink and the Gene Simmons Roast??

I am listening to Metal Shop's Hole Patrol cd on my iPod right now. I LOVE THESE GUYS. Why did they change their name from Metal Skool to Steel Panther? Anybody see them on LA Ink and the Gene Simmons Roast??

The name changes have been due to the previous managers owning the name rights metalshop/metalskool...("Danger Kitty" was solely for the Discover Card commercial campaign years back) so in order to get a better cut split 4-ways they make a fortune every monday night as Steel Panther now.

I was at that roast and its was a long,long ass night. The stuff that wasnt aired was 10x funnier. :heh:

This Wednesday I will be doing a must not miss show based around this band.

"WARNING! EXPLICIT! CAUTION! This could be one of the most hysterical, and off the wall shows to date! This week is the kickass CD showcase of the Hard Rock band STEEL PANTHER (previously Danger Kitty, Metal Shop, Metal Skool)! These guys bring some of the best Hard Rock music similiar to that of Van Halen, Dokken, and Poison mixed with lyrics and comedy that would make Howard Stern look like an Altar Boy! Look for a bunch of rarities related to this band and a ton of absolutely hilarious surprises, and goodies! This show will be one for the ages! Bank on it!"

I have been into this band since their 2nd incarnation "Metal Shop". I will be playing stuff found on all their releases as "Danger Kitty", "Metal Shop", "Metal Skool" as well as some rare "Steel Panther" tracks! I have added all kinds of hilarious stuff that goes hand and hand with a band like this so if you're around Wednesday night are not easily offended, over sensative, and wanna laugh your ass off for 3 hours tune in, and swing by the chatroom!

MADMANPANTHER.jpg

So now on their new album, I noticed they have some of the same song titles as their Metal Shop album. did they re-record those songs to change them up any or just re-record the same exact song??

As a So-Cal guy, I've seen many an incarnation of these guys. All I can say is......it is one GIANT party. Those of you out here or visiting out here that haven't seen them it's a required stop.

So now on their new album, I noticed they have some of the same song titles as their Metal Shop album. did they re-record those songs to change them up any or just re-record the same exact song??

They updated some of the lyrics, but for the most part the songs are the same with better production. The album is pretty solid I have to admit.