The End Records will not be in attendance

I have no problem with them expanding their roster with different sounding bands.

There just seems to be a direct correlation between the changing roster with their decrease customer service to the underground scene (IE - mailorder service, cancelling out on festivals, etc).

I would think their focus on more of a mainstream sound would have some influence on their decision to bow out of Prog Power. I could be completely wrong, but that's how it seems to me as an outsider.

What they sign sucks, but they still distribute the goods.

edit;

Razorback Records mostly focuses on Death, but have death/doom....SKR focuses on HM/doom mostly, but has black death, us power, thrash all really.

he ripped me off. three orders of stuff on consignment, then no payment when everything sold. he sucks.

I also received a no-payment back in the day (and to this day) with my MetalAges Records stuff and will not do business with them again.

He did indeed seem like a cool guy but i spoke on the phone with him, and was assured payment, and repeated emails went unanswered... :/

I also received a no-payment back in the day (and to this day) with my MetalAges Records stuff and will not do business with them again.

He did indeed seem like a cool guy but i spoke on the phone with him, and was assured payment, and repeated emails went unanswered... :/

Not to make an excuse for him, but when was this? As I said he USED to live by my house and moved to Colorado. So if you got him during move time that could've been part of the problem. That store is simply him and maybe he'll have one or two employees. I'll admit though, this is no excuse.

I've never had problems with the guy and if there was an issue, usually he'd email me back or talk to me on the phone about a situation and it would get resolved. I've had nothing but success but maybe in this case he screwed up.

Out of curiosity, did you get his name? Steve is the guy in charge, so if you got someone with a different name that probably is the problem. haha. I'll be honest. Usually he hires pretty incompetent people. lol.

ive had stuff on order for them for at least a year...paging exploding ned....

Thanx Dave. As for The End, I can understand the growing pains of moving from low rent in SLC to high rent in Brooklyn. I don't buy from them anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate their concept. Just think they've lost a bit of their identity lately. Maybe that will change hopefully.

As for other vendors, personally I think there's plenty of variety in the vendor room as it stands. They seem to cover a good part of the metal spectrum. Possibly we need to appreciate all there is to offer in there, and realize it is truly a unique source that isn't duplicated anywhere in the U.S. As for who else to bring in to replace TE... it's a toss up... but IMO, with the variety there is now, there isn't any replacement needed. Just my two cents worth.

Thanx Dave. As for The End, I can understand the growing pains of moving from low rent in SLC to high rent in Brooklyn. If I don't watch every penny, I will go tits up myself. And the past 2 years haven't been the easiest for a small biz to stay afloat. I don't buy from them anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate their concept. Just think they've lost a bit of their identity lately. Maybe that will change. As for any vendor/label who takes items from a label on consignment and then doesn't pay for the items when sold? Sorry, but they are assholes, plain and simple. No discussion. As for other vendors, personally I think there's plenty of variety in the vendor room as it stands. There's a few labels, and they seem to cover a good part of the music spectrum when including their distro titles. Laser Edge is especially good... Ken is a walking encyclopedia... only wish I was as knowledgeable as him. There's Nightmare with Lance blasting out a few high notes here and there, and carrying his labels titles plus a few cool distro items. I cover the basics plus alot of obscure metal and rock, and I carry alot of band shirts. I think any attendees just need to appreciate all there is to offer in the PP vendor room, and realize it is truly a unique source... that isn't duplicated anywhere. Not at any other festival in the U.S. As for who else to bring in to replace TE... it's a toss up... but IMO there isn't any replacement needed. Just my two cents worth.

I don't know what took me so long, but just realized you guys were complaining to him as a vendor not paying. Yeah if he's doing that, that's not cool at all.

I just know the place based on a customer thing, which he's good.

mëtålspëd;8516760 said:
Without question. I used to get my shipments from them in 2 days... UT to MA. The last two orders I placed with them... it took 5 days from NY to MA... figure THAT one out.
Haha, yep, it always used to be a 2-day shipment to Michigan, but now it's usually a week...not a huge deal, but quicker is obviously better. I don't order from TER as much as I used to, but the free shipping still often makes them the ideal choice (IF they have what I want in stock, which doesn't seem to be as often).

WHAT?!!!! This store used to be right near my house and this guy rules! I've bought stuff from him since and have never once gotten ripped off and it's came to me quickly. The guy knows his stuff and has good prices.

He would be excellent for this fest considering he specializes in prog and power metal, but with laser's edge being at progpower for years I doubt it'll happen.

PLEASE bring impulse music to the fest. then i can get the money he owes me. he could be a great guy for all i know, all i know is he stole money from me by selling my releases and never paying me for them. they call that a criminal from where i come from. :mad:

I ordered from Impulse once about 10 years ago. I bought 6 CD's, but only received 5. I was assured I'd get the 6th "When it becomes available," but that never happened.

As for TER they're good to buy a single CD from. Buying larger quantities, which dilutes shipping costs, makes CDUniverse a better deal.

That would definitely be interesting, but I have to wonder what kind of sales he would do. It would probably be a bit difficult to get many people who are looking primarily for CD's, and maybe a few shirts, to suddenly buy handmade leather armor, which can't be cheap.

He has some smaller pieces (bracers, etc.) that aren't all that expensive ($50 for both left and right arm). But in any event, I'm pretty sure it's way too late now.