The "No B.S." Interview

Basically Rage was the Saturday headliner at PP4, but apparently not a lot of people wanted to see them. The result was about 400-500 people left in the venue when Rage came onstage. It was pretty unfortunate, considering the band put a really good show on.

I was under the impression the Rage effect also had something to do with Evergrey having an impromptu signing/meet and greet session after their set which caused most of the crowd to filter out so they could take advantage of that.

Basically Rage was the Saturday headliner at PP4, but apparently not a lot of people wanted to see them. The result was about 400-500 people left in the venue when Rage came onstage. It was pretty unfortunate, considering the band put a really good show on.

Ah get over it. It happened. It sucked, but it happened. What's the big deal in telling the guy the story?

So why people did not want to see Rage?????

Thomen = great guy, I wish him well...
Jorn - Was real cool to me...

Rage: I don't get people sometimes. They missed an AWESOME set. Victor F'n Smolski FTW!! :headbang::kickass:

So why people did not want to see Rage?????

The place emptied when I think Everygrey (please correct me if I am wrong) annoucned an impromptu autograph session right before Rage's set. More Rage for me, enjoyed the intimate show :headbang:

I wonder if it would be feasible to just have a special Avantasia show on Thursday and charge like $75 for it? I'm sure there'd be quite a bit of demand seeing as how it would likely be the only way most Americans would ever have a chance to see Avantasia at all.

Me, I'd pay up to $500 to see Avantasia in a heartbeat. If they tour again to support the double albums I may just have to hop a plane to Europe or something.

Glenn, thanks for the inside stuff. You really take the time to show how difficult putting something like this on. As for the questions: No question he was talking about Hansi of BG. He had an incident in Russia with Therion where he went ballistic over a drum riser being 3 inches shorter than supposed to be. I could completely believe it is him.

I wonder if it would be feasible to just have a special Avantasia show on Thursday and charge like $75 for it? I'm sure there'd be quite a bit of demand seeing as how it would likely be the only way most Americans would ever have a chance to see Avantasia at all.

Me, I'd pay up to $500 to see Avantasia in a heartbeat. If they tour again to support the double albums I may just have to hop a plane to Europe or something.

I will second the thursday night thing! That way they play all night!

Unless Glenn is booking Philips' Arena for Avantasia, no way in hell is Avantasia playing ProgPower NOR the Showcase. He would need that just to cover the expenses for them, which would probably top $150K.

I was under the impression the Rage effect also had something to do with Evergrey having an impromptu signing/meet and greet session after their set which caused most of the crowd to filter out so they could take advantage of that.

Yep, that was a big -- maybe even the primary -- factor. As I recall, the timing for Evergrey's signing session was necessary because of their travel itinerary. (Glenn usually gets all of the signing sessions over with before the headliners go on.)

** entering Bolo tank AI mode **

New data analyzed.

I compute a 45.000% chance it was Randy Coven, 25.000% chance it was Hansi, and a 30.000% chance it was Marcelo.

:heh:

The place emptied when I think Everygrey (please correct me if I am wrong) annoucned an impromptu autograph session right before Rage's set. More Rage for me, enjoyed the intimate show

this is how I heard the story, I know that does not make it true, but that is how i heard it and the guy that told me about it called it the Evergrey affect, dont know if that is a different story or not.

And Glen you would have made a great CEO in another life.

and as far people leaving early I have done this before when the headliner is some one i just was not into. however my first PP was 7 and Jorn headlined saturday and me and my friend had a hotel 30 minutes outside of ATL and we did not know who Jorn was at the time (still in the early stages of becoming mega metalheads Evergrey and Iced Earth was all we knew at the time) still kick myself for missing it, but maybe we will get masterplan soon.