The "No B.S." Interview

however my first PP was 7 and Jorn headlined saturday and me and my friend had a hotel 30 minutes outside of ATL and we did not know who Jorn was at the time (still in the early stages of becoming mega metalheads Evergrey and Iced Earth was all we knew at the time) still kick myself for missing it, but maybe we will get masterplan soon.

That was MY case for Rage. My first PP, I was exhausted and had to leave atlanta for buffalo that night. We stuck around for about 8 songs and headed out, which is a shame because Rage was AWESOME.

On the other hand, Jorn has a voice as if his throat was coated with God. So, I must laugh at you. haha.

Wow. Really surprised Devin didn't get that big of a response, and I would have to agree with you Glenn that if he were to come back (which I beg of you, LOL) that people would go crazy for him. I remember in January when he was on that BTBAM tour, he only played 30 minutes but everyone in the HOB Chicago went crazy for him.

I am sorry I missed RAGE, and for that matter the entire PPIV, V, and I, II, III, due to job related issues(mainly being out of country)

Rage kicked my ass. I went to PPVI for them and Nightwish (since they were the only two bands I knew). Somewhere, I have a picture of Zilla and me getting whiplash with them in the background. I need to find it.

I'm doing a contest on Facebook in which the fans submitted their own questions. I picked 10 and will be answering them brutally honest. I'm not going to post them here or even bother with updates. Some of you may enjoy following along though...

(you do not have to be a Facebook member to read it)

http://www.facebook.com/ProgPowerUS...glenn-harvestons-no-bs-interview/378160624818

It would be real cool if the url's for the other questions would be posted at the top...as for some reason the first question is the only one visible on the link here...

I don't know who the band member is that is in question. But I have some good ideas as to who it might have been and I will say from personal experience that I am extremely doubtful that it was anyone from Blind Guardian and I'm very positive it was not Devin Townsend.

Thanks for answering my question, Glenn!

As one of the folks who was surprised to see the venue being evacuated to the point that it was before Rage's set, it's nice to see that you thought they absoultely killed on stage. They really did tear it up, and it's a shame that more people didn't see it. The moshers on the floor only made the experience worse. I'll admit that I left after Mike Terrana's drum solo, but that's only because I was fed up with said moshers. I like to be on the floor for a metal show, but I don't want to have to worry about some morons running into me every five seconds. At any rate, it's cool to get some perspective on this issue. Thanks again!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Honestly I would have no reservations about dropping $200-a-ticket to see Avantasia. No question.

The comment about "it's like having an extra 2 or 3 bands" just makes me think... I could be wrong, but I think even at $150 or so a ticket, with the demand, a one-off Avantasia gig could move all 1,200 tickets - and they could save on booking other bands just by making it an "Evening with" showcase instead of like 4 total, because I think once we're talking Avantasia, no one's really looking at anyone else,

Yeah, I know, it's impossible, and I'm probably coming across like an ass for continuing to harp on it. I guess I'm just a careless dreamer who won't give up on something that easily.

Lol moshers. I do remember one set during, progpower 7, I think... 3 drunk guys tried to start moshing, and DOWN THE STAIRS FLIES THIS ANGRY HAWAIIAN HURRICANE. Seriously, you've never seen the guy move so fast or be so mad. And then, one of the moshers shoved him. You've never lived until you see the drunk realization crossing someone's face as comprehension of what just happened. I swear to god that guy dropped a 10 pound load in his pants. I think he got jumped by about 8 people. Good times.

Lol moshers. I do remember one set during, progpower 7, I think... 3 drunk guys tried to start moshing, and DOWN THE STAIRS FLIES THIS ANGRY HAWAIIAN HURRICANE. Seriously, you've never seen the guy move so fast or be so mad. And then, one of the moshers shoved him. You've never lived until you see the drunk realization crossing someone's face as comprehension of what just happened. I swear to god that guy dropped a 10 pound load in his pants. I think he got jumped by about 8 people. Good times.

So wait, was the hawaian guy Glenn? With that shirt?

Never understood the people at power, prog, trad metal shows who would try to start pits just pretty stupid. But if a bunch of guys complain about a pit at a thrash, death, hardcore, punk show then they are just pussies. That is what happens at those shows. But Progpower no it doesn't belong there at all.
And speaking for myself I'm to old for pits now anyway, my back hurts. This is why I now prefer stuff like PPUSA to say Agnostic Front shows. Still I would never deny the early days of my youth.
Ok go back to trying to figure out who Glenn's stories are about.

..and DOWN THE STAIRS FLIES THIS ANGRY HAWAIIAN HURRICANE..

OMG!! :lol: Thank you for posting this - I needed the laugh this morning. "Hawaiian Hurricane"..that's so awesome!

~Jen

Never understood the people at power, prog, trad metal shows who would try to start pits just pretty stupid. But if a bunch of guys complain about a pit at a thrash, death, hardcore, punk show then they are just pussies. That is what happens at those shows. But Progpower no it doesn't belong there at all.
And speaking for myself I'm to old for pits now anyway, my back hurts. This is why I now prefer stuff like PPUSA to say Agnostic Front shows. Still I would never deny the early days of my youth.
Ok go back to trying to figure out who Glenn's stories are about.

100% agree with you. I used to go to lots of punk hardcore shows in the early 90's. I loved the crazy shows. Now....my age has set in and I hate being blindsided. It was more of an organized chaos back then though.

My two cents:

Don't care to know who the "total douchebag" was. Doesn't matter. It's quite enough to know, that there ARE those kinds of guys out there in the world, but I still wanna give everyone the benefit of the doubt before they prove to me they're a complete dick.

Praise those who deserve praise. IGNORE those who don't deserve any recognition at all.